Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:02:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Virtual Fork of Bitcoin - Bitcoin Minor  (Read 1006 times)
bitcoinminor (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 06:00:07 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 02:42:29 AM by bitcoinminor

[/b]https://www.bitcoinminor.org/background.jpg

Official Site

About Bitcoin Minor

Bitcoin Minor is a virtual fork of Bitcoin at block 498754 (around 11-12-2017).If you own more than or equal to 0.01 Bitcoin at the time of the fork,you will automatically have the same amount of Bitcoin Minor (1:1 ratio).The Bitcoin Minor has already sitted well in your Bitcoin address.You can see your Bitcoin Minor balance by the official Bitcoin Minore Core wallet.

DECENTRALIZATION
GPU friendly mining algorithm

FAST
Confirmation time usually 10 times faster than Bitcoin

SAFETY
The highest grade of security for transactions and storage

STABLE
The Blockchain is able to withstand over 1.7 million transactions daily

LOW FEE
Transaction fee usually 10 times more lower than Bitcoin

FAQ

Why Bitcoin Minor is needed when I have already owned my valuable Bitcoin?

Simply put,Bitcoin is not suitable for small transaction anymore.The transaction fee is ridiculously high and the fee can sometimes be more than the amount you want to transfer if you send less than 10 US dollars.Therefore,Bitcoin Minor comes into play for your minor transactions while your valuable Bitcoins leave for major and larger transactions.

Moreover,mining of Bitcoin is not practical for normal PC users anymore and it is gradually controlled by a handful of large ASIC mining farms.This deviates from the original decentralized vision of Satoshi.Bitcoin Minor makes the mining practical for normal PC users again and helps to attain the goal of "one computer,one vote" of Satoshi.

How to claim my Bitcoin Minors?

If you own more than or equal to 0.01 Bitcoin at the time of the fork,you will have the same amount of Bitcoin Minor automatically at your corresponding Bitcoin address.There is no need to "claim" your Bitcoin Minors.If you want to see your Bitcoin Minor balance,you can load the private key of the Bitcoin address(by the command "importprivkey") into the official Bitcoin Minor Core wallet to see the balance and use your Bitcoin Minor thereafter.

Is it dangerous to import the Bitcoin private keys to obtain Bitcoin Minors?

YES! It is dangerous to import your Bitcoin private keys into any third party programs or websites (which claim to help you to claim your Bitcoin Minor) other than the official Bitcoin Minor Core wallet or Bitcoin Minor Daemon you downloaded from the official site.At present,downloading progams in the official site is the ONLY way to use Bitcoin Minor and see its balance.

Bitcoin Minors will gradually be supported by other third party wallets.Among them,we will carefully choose some reputable wallets (which we believe to be safe to use)and list them on our official sites.

Moreover,for the sake of security and avoiding confusion.You are suggested to use a Bitcoin private key with zero Bitcoin balance to import into the wallet.How much Bitcoin Minors you obtained is only determined by the amount of Bitcoin you had at the time of the forking.You will still have all your Bitcoin Minors unaltered even you draw out all the Bitcoin stored in the address after the fork.In this way,you will not have any risk to lose your Bitcoins even you import your private key into a third party Bitcoin Minor wallet.

Will any problems occur if my Bitcoin and Bitcoin Minors stored in the same Bitcoin public key?I have ever heard about "replay protection".So,shall I accidentally send out my Bitcoins when I send out my Bitcoin Minors,or vice versa?

No.Your Bitcoins and Bitcoin Minors will sit peacefully in the same public key.They will never affect or conflict to each other.You will NEVER accidentally send out your Bitcoins stored in the address if you use the official Bitcoin Minor Core wallet to send out your Bitcoin Minors.

The mechanism itself will not make any conflict.However,if a scammer make a program or website which claims to help you to obtain your Bitcoin Minors and ask you to import your Bitcoin private key,he can steal your Bitcoins and it is another story.

Therefore,for the sake of security and avoiding confusion.We suggest you to use seperate addresses to store Bitcoins and Bitcoin Minors.In this way,even you import the private key into a scammer's program or website,your valuable Bitcoins will not be at risk.

Moreover,people will sometimes forget they store both Bitcoins and Bitcoin Minors in the same address and confuse how much they remain respectively.They may gradually forget that there is still another coin stored in the same address.The good habit we suggested can avoid this kind of confusion.

What is the total coin supply of Bitcoin Minor?

The total supply of Bitcoin Minor is slightly increased to 28,000,000 coins.It is mainly for increasing the incentive for the people to mine Bitcoin Minors.The total number of Bitcoins left to be mined is just slightly over 4 millions and the daily output is just 1800 coins.However,due to the high price of a Bitcoin,there is enough incentive for the people to mine Bitcoins and make the network function well.On the other hand,the price of a Bitcoin Minor will not in anyway come close to the price of a Bitcoin at first.If the same amount of Bitcoin Minors left for the miners to mine,the incentive of mining is relatively weak and the blockchain cannot grow strong enough to endure large scale attack.

What is the daily transactions' limit of Bitcoin Minor comparing to that of Bitcoin?

The daily transactions' limit of Bitcoin Minor is about doubled to that of Bitcoin (which is about 900,000 transactions per day).It is plenty for a new fork and it is not likely for Bitcoin Minor to reach its ceiling in medium-term.It is very easy to increase the blocksize and dramatically increase the daily transaction capacity immediately.However,it may bring more troubles(e.g. spam attack) than benefits to a new fork.There is reason behind the blocksize limit imposed by Satoshi.Therefore,it is sensible to adopt a gradual change according to the need rather than a sudden dramatical change.The development of Bitcoin Minor will be watched closely and appropiate measures will be taken when any congestion in the network is found.

Does Bitcoin Minor adopt SegWit?

No.There are multiple reasons for not adopting SegWit.In short,the security of Bitcoin Minor will be somewhat weakened while the increase in transaction capacity may be minimal if SegWit is adopted.At the same time,it makes the future increase in transaction capacity even harder.It is sensible for Bitcoin Minor to remain flexible to other upgrading solutions.

However,Bitcoin Minor is open to all future proposals.Once the issues we concerned are eliminated,our position may change accordingly.

Why should I participate in and support the Bitcoin Minor network while there are other mature and large scale cryptocurrency networks(e.g.Bitcoin) out there? I don't think Bitcoin Minor will have a high price when it is launched.I even don't bother to waste my valuable time to claim it.

Firstly,Bitcoin Minor will not be traded in the market recently.Now,we are concentrating on the growth of the network and the blockchain and we are in no hurry to trade it in the market.Therefore,nobody knows what the price of Bitcoin Minor will be exactly.

Then,the most important question is: why Bitcoin Minor worths your valuable time to particapte while there is already large scale and mature network (e.g. Bitcoin) out there?

To answer this question,you can ask yourself a question first: can you participate in the Bitcoin network in a MEANINGFUL way now without investing hundreds of thousands (if not millions) dollars in it?How much money you needed to invest in order to mine 0.1 Bitcoin daily?

Simply put,can you make any money by participating and supporting the large scale and mature network? Probably not.On contrary,you can lose a lot of money in it (consider those people who used a ridiculous high price to buy many advanced ASIC miners in the black market when the Bitcoin price reached 20,000 USD).

When there are too many people congesting in a broad road,it will become a narrow road to you.When there are few people walking in a narrow road,it will become a broad road to each of them.Being the king in a poor country is much better than being a nobody in a wealthy country.Is there still any chance for you to become a big player in Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash? No,over 99 percent of the benefits have already been grabbed by those EARLY PARTICIPANTS and they are all become millionaires.There is no place for latecomers anymore.

Will the price of a Bitcoin Minor come close to the price of a Bitcoin when it is firstly traded in the market? Certainly not.Will its price come close to the price of Bitcoin Cash? Probably not.However,does it mean that you should participate in the Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash networks in stead of the Bitcoin Minor network? CERTAINLY NOT! Grab the opportunity to becom an EARLY PARTICIPANT of the Bitcoin Minor network and mine a hundred coins.Several years later,you may find it becomes a significant asset to you.

If you are qualified to obtain Bitcoin Minor,GET IT! If you are not,MINE IT!

Download from the official site and become an early participant of the Bitcoin Minor network,you may become the next celebrity in cryptocurrency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
entropy0

Activity: 412
Merit: 100

Que sera sera

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:02:43 PM

details? still a PoW SHA?

Grow your Discord community with panda-bot! https://pandabot.fatpanda.club
Krestien

Activity: 99
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:05:54 PM

Official Site

About Bitcoin Minor

Bitcoin Minor is a virtual fork of Bitcoin at block 498754 (around 11-12-2017).If you own more than or equal to 0.01 Bitcoin at the time of the fork,you will automatically have the same amount of Bitcoin Minor (1:1 ratio).The Bitcoin Minor has already sitted well in your Bitcoin address.You can see your Bitcoin Minor balance by the official Bitcoin Minore Core wallet.

DECENTRALIZATION
GPU friendly mining algorithm

FAST
Confirmation time usually 10 times faster than Bitcoin

SAFETY
The highest grade of security for transactions and storage

STABLE
The Blockchain is able to withstand over 1.7 million transactions daily

LOW FEE
Transaction fee usually 10 times more lower than Bitcoin

FAQ

Why Bitcoin Minor is needed when I have already owned my valuable Bitcoin?

Simply put,Bitcoin is not suitable for small transaction anymore.The transaction fee is ridiculously high and the fee can sometimes be more than the amount you want to transfer if you send less than 10 US dollars.Therefore,Bitcoin Minor comes into play for your minor transactions while your valuable Bitcoins leave for major and larger transactions.

Moreover,mining of Bitcoin is not practical for normal PC users anymore and it is gradually controlled by a handful of large ASIC mining farms.This deviates from the original decentralized vision of Satoshi.Bitcoin Minor makes the mining practical for normal PC users again and helps to attain the goal of "one computer,one vote" of Satoshi.

If you own more than or equal to 0.01 Bitcoin at the time of the fork,you will have the same amount of Bitcoin Minor automatically at your corresponding Bitcoin address.There is no need to "claim" your Bitcoin Minors.If you want to see your Bitcoin Minor balance,you can load the private key of the Bitcoin address(by the command "importprivkey") into the official Bitcoin Minor Core wallet to see the balance and use your Bitcoin Minor thereafter.

Is it dangerous to import the Bitcoin private keys to obtain Bitcoin Minors?

YES! It is dangerous to import your Bitcoin private keys into any third party programs or websites (which claim to help you to claim your Bitcoin Minor) other than the official Bitcoin Minor Core wallet or Bitcoin Minor Daemon you downloaded from the official site.At present,downloading progams in the official site is the ONLY way to use Bitcoin Minor and see its balance.

Bitcoin Minors will gradually be supported by other third party wallets.Among them,we will carefully choose some reputable wallets (which we believe to be safe to use)and list them on our official sites.

Moreover,for the sake of security and avoiding confusion.You are suggested to use a Bitcoin private key with zero Bitcoin balance to import into the wallet.How much Bitcoin Minors you obtained is only determined by the amount of Bitcoin you had at the time of the forking.You will still have all your Bitcoin Minors unaltered even you draw out all the Bitcoin stored in the address after the fork.In this way,you will not have any risk to lose your Bitcoins even you import your private key into a third party Bitcoin Minor wallet.

Will any problems occur if my Bitcoin and Bitcoin Minors stored in the same Bitcoin public key?I have ever heard about "replay protection".So,shall I accidentally send out my Bitcoins when I send out my Bitcoin Minors,or vice versa?

No.Your Bitcoins and Bitcoin Minors will sit peacefully in the same public key.They will never affect or conflict to each other.You will NEVER accidentally send out your Bitcoins stored in the address if you use the official Bitcoin Minor Core wallet to send out your Bitcoin Minors.

The mechanism itself will not make any conflict.However,if a scammer make a program or website which claims to help you to obtain your Bitcoin Minors and ask you to import your Bitcoin private key,he can steal your Bitcoins and it is another story.

Therefore,for the sake of security and avoiding confusion.We suggest you to use seperate addresses to store Bitcoins and Bitcoin Minors.In this way,even you import the private key into a scammer's program or website,your valuable Bitcoins will not be at risk.

Moreover,people will sometimes forget they store both Bitcoins and Bitcoin Minors in the same address and confuse how much they remain respectively.They may gradually forget that there is still another coin stored in the same address.The good habit we suggested can avoid this kind of confusion.

What is the total coin supply of Bitcoin Minor?

The total supply of Bitcoin Minor is slightly increased to 28,000,000 coins.It is mainly for increasing the incentive for the people to mine Bitcoin Minors.The total number of Bitcoins left to be mined is just slightly over 4 millions and the daily output is just 1800 coins.However,due to the high price of a Bitcoin,there is enough incentive for the people to mine Bitcoins and make the network function well.On the other hand,the price of a Bitcoin Minor will not in anyway come close to the price of a Bitcoin at first.If the same amount of Bitcoin Minors left for the miners to mine,the incentive of mining is relatively weak and the blockchain cannot grow strong enough to endure large scale attack.

What is the daily transactions' limit of Bitcoin Minor comparing to that of Bitcoin?

The daily transactions' limit of Bitcoin Minor is about doubled to that of Bitcoin (which is about 900,000 transactions per day).It is plenty for a new fork and it is not likely for Bitcoin Minor to reach its ceiling in medium-term.It is very easy to increase the blocksize and dramatically increase the daily transaction capacity immediately.However,it may bring more troubles(e.g. spam attack) than benefits to a new fork.There is reason behind the blocksize limit imposed by Satoshi.Therefore,it is sensible to adopt a gradual change according to the need rather than a sudden dramatical change.The development of Bitcoin Minor will be watched closely and appropiate measures will be taken when any congestion in the network is found.

Does Bitcoin Minor adopt SegWit?

No.There are multiple reasons for not adopting SegWit.In short,the security of Bitcoin Minor will be somewhat weakened while the increase in transaction capacity may be minimal if SegWit is adopted.At the same time,it makes the future increase in transaction capacity even harder.It is sensible for Bitcoin Minor to remain flexible to other upgrading solutions.

However,Bitcoin Minor is open to all future proposals.Once the issues we concerned are eliminated,our position may change accordingly.

Why should I participate in and support the Bitcoin Minor network while there are other mature and large scale cryptocurrency networks(e.g.Bitcoin) out there? I don't think Bitcoin Minor will have a high price when it is launched.I even don't bother to waste my valuable time to claim it.

Firstly,Bitcoin Minor will not be traded in the market recently.Now,we are concentrating on the growth of the network and the blockchain and we are in no hurry to trade it in the market.Therefore,nobody knows what the price of Bitcoin Minor will be exactly.

Then,the most important question is: why Bitcoin Minor worths your valuable time to particapte while there is already large scale and mature network (e.g. Bitcoin) out there?

To answer this question,you can ask yourself a question first: can you participate in the Bitcoin network in a MEANINGFUL way now without investing hundreds of thousands (if not millions) dollars in it?How much money you needed to invest in order to mine 0.1 Bitcoin daily?

Simply put,can you make any money by participating and supporting the large scale and mature network? Probably not.On contracy,you can lose a lot of money in it (consider those people who used a ridiculous high price to buy many advanced ASIC miners in the black market when the Bitcoin price reached 20,000 USD).

When there are too many people congesting in a broad road,it will become a narrow road to you.When there are few people walking in a narrow road,it will become a broad road to each of them.Being the king in a poor country is much better than being a nobody in a wealthy country.Is there still any chance for you to become a big player in Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash? No,over 99 percent of the benefits have already been grabbed by those EARLY PARTICIPANTS and they are all become millionaires.There is no place for latecomers anymore.

Will the price of a Bitcoin Minor come close to the price of a Bitcoin when it is firstly traded in the market? Certainly not.Will its price come close to the price of Bitcoin Cash? Probably not.However,does it mean that you should participate in the Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash networks in stead of the Bitcoin Minor network? CERTAINLY NOT! Grab the opportunity to becom an EARLY PARTICIPANT of the Bitcoin Minor network and mine a hundred coins.Several years later,you may find it becomes a significant asset to you.

If you are qualified to obtain Bitcoin Minor,GET IT! If you are not,MINE IT!

Download from the official site and become an early participant of the Bitcoin Minor network,you may become the next celebrity in cryptocurrency.

Quote for Picture

_____ DSTRA (https://dstra.io) ▬ ● ▬ FROM COMMUNITY, COMES UNITY ▬ ● ▬ DSTRA (https://dstra.io) _____
Raveg

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:09:32 PM

Could you give a little more info? Will it be mineable, the reward structure? POS?

kohanvn

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:10:31 PM

Where can I download Bitcoin Minor Core wallet?
bitcoinminor (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 06:18:15 PM

Where can I download Bitcoin Minor Core wallet?

Bitcoin Minor Core wallet is available to download in our official site.
Anon12951

Activity: 123

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:21:30 PM

res
mcfom
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:22:00 PM

After seeing this announcement one thing is clear one must keep his old used private keys safe just like actual ones. Who knows when someone throw updates like this that they forked Bitcoin few months ago. I am keeping luckily all my keys safe already as lot of them I didn't swaped yet.
y6uBaKa

Activity: 261
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:38:16 PM

Are you nuts??  my private key is not for you.  Grin Grin Grin Screw it!
junforever

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:58:24 PM

Reserved spanish translation. Please confirm if you need it
GoodZilla

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:58:49 PM

“DECENTRALIZATION
GPU friendly mining algorithm”
How friendly is this? What is the algorithm?
Thanks
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:00:16 PM

Do not trust a newbie's thread. It might steal your wallet and private keys.
Don't jump into "free" tokens, coins etc. first try the virustotal and scan the wallet.
vuppie0

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:33:51 PM

YES! It is dangerous to import your Bitcoin private keys into any third party programs or websites

Grin Grin You said that
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:53:11 PM

Do you have a 3 or 4 letter "ticker" you are going to use?  BTCM?  I don't see it in the Announcement or on the website.  I keep a list of forked coins and will add this.
niknik1966

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

DIW - Security Decentralized,Life Revolutionized

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:56:35 PM

From a freebie, no one in their right mind and solid memory refused. This will be the same fork as BCH? And on what exchanges will be replenishment?

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀

SECURITY DECENTRALIZED

BountyLord

Activity: 314
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:01:24 PM

What doest it mean - virtual fork? Will it be bitcoin's blockchain? How this coin will exactly distributed? I have more question than answers after reading of this announcement and I see that not me only.
Moreover your site does not work in TOR browser because site's security settings are incorrect.
zyrenhufalar11

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:45:16 AM

good project i think its gonna be work for this,hope your success guys,keep me updated for this
bitcoinminor (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 02:58:20 AM

Do not trust a newbie's thread. It might steal your wallet and private keys.
Don't jump into "free" tokens, coins etc. first try the virustotal and scan the wallet.

Bitcoin Minor needs time to build trust,you can move out any Bitcoin first before you load the private into the wallet.You are 100 percent safe in this way
bitcoinminor (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 09:36:51 AM

good project i think its gonna be work for this,hope your success guys,keep me updated for this

Thanks. The key to success in crytocurrency is to find the right project with great potential and participate in its early stage (when other people still depise about it).Hope that you can get your nice share of Bitcoin Minor when it is still not difficult.
spillux

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:45:42 PM

Reserved for anything.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: