Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:37:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][M0RK] m0rkcoin - Open-Source and Quality focus - NO PREMINE/NO ICO  (Read 1433 times)
wolverine37

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:53:14 AM

It appears the genesis block was around 50 days ago, so early January, rather than mid. You also had a massive spike in difficulty 2 days ago, around the same time as your [ANN] here.

I will be pointing some of my hashrate towards your pool, but you are doing multiple things wrong Devs; suggest you listen to the criticism and suggestions and questions of the users here, if you want this to go anywhere.

Here's a start then: What is the purpose of your coin? Why does it exist?

Aris_Eng,  what suggestions would you have for the developers?  If they are doing multiple things wrong then why bother using your hash rate to mine it,  seems a bit hypocritical!!
Aris_Eng

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:02:24 AM

It appears the genesis block was around 50 days ago, so early January, rather than mid. You also had a massive spike in difficulty 2 days ago, around the same time as your [ANN] here.

I will be pointing some of my hashrate towards your pool, but you are doing multiple things wrong Devs; suggest you listen to the criticism and suggestions and questions of the users here, if you want this to go anywhere.

Here's a start then: What is the purpose of your coin? Why does it exist?

Aris_Eng,  what suggestions would you have for the developers?  If they are doing multiple things wrong then why bother using your hash rate to mine it,  seems a bit hypocritical!!

Wolverine37, I did make suggestions, please read my post again. One and probably the most important is answer questions; again, see my question above.

Wrt mining it, that is not being hypocritical, that is betting using my investment, being electricity+cost of hardware; crypto is a space where nothing has intrinsic value other that that which we assign to it.

May I ask why do you mine it, and what your opinion of the devs is?
kulas01

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:43:06 AM

There NO premine but the devs had been mining before going public. So is that not called pre mine? LOL
wolverine37

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:14:42 PM

I found the code on github in early January,  there were 10-15 of us that did apparently and decided to take a risk on it considering their background in developing android apps and the fact that they've actually developed something.  Most of the new coins coming out have issues because the dev have no clue what they are doing,  the blockchain fails, the wallets don't work, etc etc, it gets old spending hash power on coins that fail or are clearly pump and dump,

for those of you who think the bitcoin forum is the only place to find new and interesting projects you're missing out on a lot of other great stuff being worked on.  The dev is not required to release anything on this forum as the code has been available since the first day you could have mined it,  most of this forum is filled with people who call everything a scam with no proof so I'm not surprised dev are reluctant to post on here anymore,  and I suspect most of the people calling it a scam have competitive coins that don't work and can't figure out why

Aris_Eng, don't blame the dev because you're late to get into it and/or only rely on one source for new projects,  the difficulty is still really low and there's still plenty to mine
Aris_Eng

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:28:19 PM

I found the code on github in early January,  there were 10-15 of us that did apparently and decided to take a risk on it considering their background in developing android apps and the fact that they've actually developed something.  Most of the new coins coming out have issues because the dev have no clue what they are doing,  the blockchain fails, the wallets don't work, etc etc, it gets old spending hash power on coins that fail or are clearly pump and dump,

for those of you who think the bitcoin forum is the only place to find new and interesting projects you're missing out on a lot of other great stuff being worked on.  The dev is not required to release anything on this forum as the code has been available since the first day you could have mined it,  most of this forum is filled with people who call everything a scam with no proof so I'm not surprised dev are reluctant to post on here anymore,  and I suspect most of the people calling it a scam have competitive coins that don't work and can't figure out why

Aris_Eng, don't blame the dev because you're late to get into it and/or only rely on one source for new projects,  the difficulty is still really low and there's still plenty to mine

Thanks mate, now we are getting somewhere. You "found" the code on github? If that's the whole story, good for you...
You do realize that being a newbie on this forum, and only ever have posted on this coin, seems suspicious right?

I don't blame the dev because I am late, or because the difficulty is higher now. I asked a question (still no answer by the way), and most people pointed out that doing an [ANN] saying "no premine" when indeed it was being mined since early January is a false statement, for this forum.

Lastly mate, you say the dev is not required to release anything on this forum.... that is both true and false. True they are not "required", false in that if they are going for "fair launch" and no ICO, they need a community and they need miners, and this forum is how they get them.
wolverine37

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:49:56 AM

This isn't the only forum to posts projects to, hopefully you know that and yes I found the code.  I was actually mining another coin (XAO) and when it failed I asked in discord what others were mining while the dev fixed the blockchain issues.  Someone responded with m0rk so after doing a little searching I was able to find the info. on git.  I've gotten sick of spending hash power on crypto when the dev doesn't have a clue.  It was actually nice to see a dev make sure the backend worked before having a rush of miners go in and there be a problem.  I think it's funny you think I'm a newbie because of my lack of posts.  If you only had a clue you'd realize dev hate these forums because they're filled with people like you who mine there projects hoping to make a buck without actually having your own skill to do it yourself and then you bash the project as scam.  Don't mine it if you feel it's a scam.  Let the rest of us keep those coins.
Aris_Eng

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:03:10 AM

This isn't the only forum to posts projects to, hopefully you know that and yes I found the code.  I was actually mining another coin (XAO) and when it failed I asked in discord what others were mining while the dev fixed the blockchain issues.  Someone responded with m0rk so after doing a little searching I was able to find the info. on git.  I've gotten sick of spending hash power on crypto when the dev doesn't have a clue.  It was actually nice to see a dev make sure the backend worked before having a rush of miners go in and there be a problem.  I think it's funny you think I'm a newbie because of my lack of posts.  If you only had a clue you'd realize dev hate these forums because they're filled with people like you who mine there projects hoping to make a buck without actually having your own skill to do it yourself and then you bash the project as scam.  Don't mine it if you feel it's a scam.  Let the rest of us keep those coins.

Thanks for the response, I can see that you are getting very defensive; you shouldn't.
I was also mining alloy since day 1; went through the 1st hard fork drama, then the chain getting stuck, then the multiple NH attacks on a poorly adjusted difficulty recalculation, and now apparently going through the change of algo altogether.

Here are the facts however: unless you are the dev of this coin, I don't care about your opinion or experiences with other coins. Again, don't take it personally. You are a newbie on this forum, you have only posted on this ANN, and seem to be a cheerleader, so sorry for not taking you seriously..

Back to our regular programming now: Dev(s), do you have any answers? Any statements, or even want to participate in the discussion so far?
wolverine37

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:12:04 AM

I'm not the dev nor do I really care.  Just sick of people like you trolling these forums bashing everyones work and then mining it to make some $$.  He seems to be newbie also considering he has only 3 posts on here.  Must not know much but look him up and you'll find he's actually a pretty good developer.  He's much more active on discord so you should try him there.  BTW, you should head back over to the XAO forum and post your scam conspiracy theories there.  4.5M premine, the head dev leaves, blockchain fails and now nicehash attacks?  With a coin basically worth 0 why would someone spend money attacking it?  I'm a newbie but it's not difficult to figure out who's really dumping all those coins on tradeogre.  You should mine that one and let us have all the m0rks.
johnrossi

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:26:06 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2018, 04:13:08 AM by johnrossi

Heard about this on BCN subreddit and have been mining this the past few weeks. Is the pool down now?

EDIT: nevermind. It's back up
sainzyuze

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:27:07 AM

I like this product. I will follow your progress and possibly support at the ICO!
dro1d

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:55:29 AM

i'm with you, guys.  Grin
QiuShi 518

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:34:11 AM

lilszi

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:34:14 AM

I like this product. I will follow your progress and possibly support at the ICO!

There will be no ICO
Aris_Eng

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:57:46 AM

Is this thing still alive? Cudos for not giving up yet!
solosequenosenada

Activity: 952
Merit: 542

Freedom dies from suicide

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:06:14 AM

cryptonight is dead
johnrossi

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:09:35 AM

cryptonight is dead

Agree. I wouldn't have wasted my time mining this had I known a cryptonight ASIC was developed.

Assuming the devs have not abandoned this project I wonder if they have discussed changing this  (hopefully something more GPU friendly)
GrnLgns

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:01:03 AM

Hey Everyone!

We wanted to let everyone know that although the original dev has stepped aside from the project, some of us community members (with the original dev's permission) have decided to keep the project going. On a group effort we changed the name to something more attractive to the public. The name we decided on is MCash! So far everything is in the process, but is currently being worked on.

If you mined M0rkcoin in the past, don't fret, because our goal is to make sure that the time and electricity you spent on won't go to waste! The original mining pools are shut down, but there is a new one that the link is provided down below. Also you will need to use the original wallet for now. Currently a new wallet is being developed and will be announced once it is finished.

For any questions, we are very active on Discord: https://discord.gg/d5RpJVR

Mining Pool: http://m0rk.postpostpi.us/

Wallet: https://github.com/m0rkcoin/m0rkcoin/releases

Eulalila

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:35:06 AM

I wonder how many tokens people bought when they opened the pre-sale
Julina

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:59:59 AM

I also recommend everyone to buy the company's tokens, this is a reliable contribution of their money to the company
Brodika

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:13:42 AM

Project sounds very powerful but I could not get where is the blockchain needs in the solution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: