Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 07:58:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought RX 580, very low hashrate  (Read 185 times)
mikekale (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:45:44 PM

I thought I got lucky with finding a MSI RadeonRX 580 ARMOR 8G OC open box at a store for $350, but after applying the beta crimson drivers and flashing the rom (hynex memory) I still get 15 m/h. Is the card just a dud? I would hate to give up such a deal without trying everything I possibly could to get it to work properly. Any recommendations on what I could do?

P.S. this is my first GPU and I wanted to mine eth as I have cheap electricity and believe that eth will be worth a lot more in the future.
ayeaye87

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

https://bitsdaq.com/signup?referralCode=S8RESFC8

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 08:03:30 PM

Which program do you use? 15 m is a very very low Hash. can you write about the system exactly? Operating system, MoBo and other components.

mikekale (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:58:08 PM

Which program do you use? 15 m is a very very low Hash. can you write about the system exactly? Operating system, MoBo and other components.

Motherboard is GA-Z270-HD3. 12gb ram, i5 processor. This is using Claymores miner.

The card requires an 8pin power connector and my PSU only had a 6 so thats what i used and got 15 mh/s. HOWEVER I just came back from the store where I bought a new gold rated 850w PSU and connected the 8 pin to the GPU and another 6 pin to the riser, it now gets 19 mh/s. Still seems lower than the 28-30 that other people get
whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:02:59 PM

Have you...Modded the bios

What do you have the memory and gpu clocked at?
mikekale (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:22:10 PM

I flashed the bios with a ROM i found in one of the forums. Not sure what you mean by mod. Core clock is 1200 and memory clock is 2080
Pekine

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:31:06 PM

You might have the wrong AMD driver installed. remove your drivers with DDU and install the latest blockchain drivers.

I had exactly the same issue, there was a bug in the driver Installed.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:34:48 PM

The AMD driver has two modes...gaming and compute.

You need to have the driver in compute mode to get full speed.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
mikekale (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:57:32 PM

The AMD driver has two modes...gaming and compute.

You need to have the driver in compute mode to get full speed.

You might have the wrong AMD driver installed. remove your drivers with DDU and install the latest blockchain drivers.

I had exactly the same issue, there was a bug in the driver Installed.

Thanks guys! I uninstalled the crimson drivers and installed the adrenaline drivers, then put it into compute mode and getting 28 m/s now!

whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:36:03 PM

Yea, the latest AMD drivers work well for me.

If you are just starting out... be careful with downloading bios mods from the internet. If they are not the right one you can run into issue. I always just use the one click timing button in polaris bios editor.

I think you are good now, but I have a few of those cards and I get 29-31 MH/s on each of them. 28 does seem low.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: