Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:11:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is happening right now?  (Read 387 times)
ChiNgadOr (OP)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:00:04 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 01:46:59 PM by ChiNgadOr

i have been some time staying out of the market.. now i realized that BTC is also rising again while many altcoins are going down.. BTC dominance almost 40% again. So the question is, what did i miss? a BTC airdrop near? or what the hell is going on?
--------

update:

i feel really stupid.. yes, it was a mistake i meant BTC HARDFORK not airdrop! Grin

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
tuiputui

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:08:44 PM

Maybe Coinbase Segwit?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-20/coinbase-to-launch-segwit-upgrade-as-customers-seek-lower-fees
ChiNgadOr (OP)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:12:01 PM

i dont relaly know... but i am absolutely convinced that BTC will be like Myspace in some time.... first pioneer and later forgotten!

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
Lastsamuraj

Activity: 266

Prontapay

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:22:13 PM

Btc made retracement,corrected and changed direction upwards.Alts going down due btc pump,and the reason of pump is a good question for me.Was predicted that btc can hit 12k and again go down till arounf 7-8k.Hope it want,cuzz all my alts already -x2 since jan.and slowy keep going down,but if happens they will crush straight down for another 40-50%,and to recover they will need at least 6 month of a stablr btc market,which is impossible:/

Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:37:41 PM

This will be a huge step for BTC. Mass adoption of Segwit means lower fees, which means further adoption, and should translate into higher prices.

jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:43:54 PM

i have been some time staying out of the market.. now i realized that BTC is also rising again while many altcoins are going down.. BTC dominance almost 40% again. So the question is, what did i miss? a BTC airdrop near? or what the hell is going on?

Alts pumped like crazy in December/January and then while they crashed with BTC they were still at inflated prices so some are still sliding and others are just not recovering nearly as much as BTC.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
Tanhdoit

Activity: 127
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:50:18 PM

BTC is slowly trying to get back its dominance but not too much. Honestly, the flippening might happen this year with Ethereum. There are more better usages with ETH than BTC at the moment. All the new ICO are based on ETH blockchain not BTC anymore. There are so many better and newer coins out there way better. BTC has always been the 1st of everything and its everyone knows and talks about. Just like MYspace or AOL---BTC will suffer the same fate. Venezuela just pushed their ICO out and some anon 400 million investor bought BTC that is what is happening at the moment...
Janinjo11

Activity: 238

Janinjo tips

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:21:44 PM

i dont relaly know... but i am absolutely convinced that BTC will be like Myspace in some time.... first pioneer and later forgotten!

That's very likely to happen. The everyday market is full of new coins. It won't be forgotten because it was the first big coin, but it will lose its importance.
okan

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:23:18 PM

BTC is slowly trying to get back its dominance but not too much. Honestly, the flippening might happen this year with Ethereum. There are more better usages with ETH than BTC at the moment. All the new ICO are based on ETH blockchain not BTC anymore. There are so many better and newer coins out there way better. BTC has always been the 1st of everything and its everyone knows and talks about. Just like MYspace or AOL---BTC will suffer the same fate. Venezuela just pushed their ICO out and some anon 400 million investor bought BTC that is what is happening at the moment...

i totally agree with you in this subject.

iin 2 years eth will take %40 dominance in markets.
AlienWithBTC

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:29:10 PM

This is not the first time i see it. Once bitcoin explodes and shoots up like a rocket, the alcoins will lose some value. Afterwards they will come back and catch up most of the time
VeiweiLo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:29:54 PM

what do you mean airdrop
i think bitcoin never open airdrop, never people can open giveaway payment use bitcoin, use airdrop system
TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:36:00 PM

It seems to me that it's the same story over and over again. Bitcoin pumps, then altcoins pump, then Bitcoin pumps, then altcoins pump... and sometimes everything falls Cheesy
Seems like now is time for Bitcoin pump, but alts will probably follow in couple of months.

Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:56:48 PM

Due to the lightning network will be tested on the litecoin and then if that was running smoothly and it will be implemented in the bitcoin too. People were buying more and more bitcoin.
There is no BTC airdrop, all of the bitcoin airdrop got cancelled. With a lot of bullish trend for bitcoin to gain its dominance again. But this just the matter of time until the next waves for altcoin will come.
altcointalk14

Activity: 751
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:01:55 PM

Altcoins going down because people selling this for buy some bitcoin. But why they are doing this? I heard in last days few positive informations which change btc for better, but i do not remeber ths exacly
Diffy

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:27:34 PM

People are waiting for bitcoin to move above 12-14K so we can start another bull run. The problem is that a lot of money left the market during the big correction so it's mostly traders moving money from alts to bitcoin.

At some point(soon) bitcoin will stop trending up, traders will move some money back to alts and then (hopefully) new money will enter the market like in October-December.
jashley

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:35:12 PM

Nothing that you missed. Just people right now putting some of their money instead of alts. That's why BTC dominance right now is increasing and those altcoins don't have strong fundamentally this month or upcoming months are suffering. Well this is the perfect time to find altcoins you want to buy while on dip.

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE                               
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
╚               ▶ Twitter         ▶ Facebook         ▶ Youtube         ▶ WHhitepaper               ╝
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:36:52 PM

You don't really know what's going on but you are absolutely convinced of things regardless? Roll Eyes
joemanabat05

Activity: 168
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:39:29 AM

What happened right now is the same as always, The bitcoin domininates 40% again . I hope on the next month it will be more excited to see what will happen to the world of cryptocurrency.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:56:49 AM

This is maybe the mentality of the most of investors and holders are change now in which they have already learned that everytime the Bitcoin will dip it will rise again so in order to be on board of this rise up speculation they will sell their altcoins thinking that holding Bitcoin is much faster of gaining than holding the altcoins.
nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:15:21 AM

You didn't miss a whole lot BTC sentiment is currently bullish, we corrected to a bottom and rose back up, and somebody bought a billion worth of Bitcoin ~10k, and lastly Segwit is getting adopted which means cheaper fees finally! All things added up the general sentiment is bullish which means it is either near or is rocket time Wink

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: