Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:25:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ruxum - Anyone heard about these guys?  (Read 3688 times)
rizzn

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 06:31:35 AM

Ruxum posted here earlier looking for testers. I have an account, and I love the interface. It gives me instant calculations for the fee and cost while filling out an order, and it has the chart and order book on the trading page for quick reference.

One thing it lacks is a good way to withdraw and deposit small amounts of USD. The only currently available method is bank transfer that costs $10 to deposit and $25 to withdraw. They do state that more options are "under consideration," so this may change.

They also hint at a "Ruxum Pool" that can be used to fund your trading account.

Yeah. The only thing that will kill it (and it's been said here a few times) is easy-in/easy-out of money. BTC is already difficult enough for the mainstream to understand. If it's too expensive and difficult to get your money in and out, then it's going to have major difficulty growing.

Look at any other exchange in the BTC world where their ins and outs are messed up (BTC7 springs to mind). Prices stagnate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 07:35:29 PM

They may be legit, but citi group turned out to have lousy managers who's practices were right on the legal line.  If we couldn't trust them with dollars, why should we trust them with bitcoins?
No thanks, I don't need or want a middleman.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 08:05:20 PM

They may be legit, but citi group turned out to have lousy managers who's practices were right on the legal line.  If we couldn't trust them with dollars, why should we trust them with bitcoins?

You mean these particular managers, or the ones who replaced them?

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 08:26:11 PM

You mean these particular managers, or the ones who replaced them?
I should be more clear. I don't know what the role of these particular managers was at Citi. But I know that many of Citi's practices would have been illegal a generation ago. I can't imagine them not bringing what they learned about fees and tricks to their new venture.

Rob P.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2011, 02:58:48 AM

Frankly, what you did was state that every Manager ever employeed by Citi was at fault.  That's just ridiculous.

Unless you actually have experience with the gentlemen who have setup this exchange, you should provide some additional sources for your statements.

--

If you like what I've written here, consider tipping the messenger:
1GZu4CtHa6ai8iWoWiVFxV5VVoNte4SkoG

If you don't like what I've written, send me a Tip and I'll stop talking.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 02:37:45 PM

Frankly, what you did was state that every Manager ever employeed by Citi was at fault.  That's just ridiculous.

Unless you actually have experience with the gentlemen who have setup this exchange, you should provide some additional sources for your statements.
Your right, it is guilt by association and that is not fair. They may set up an awesome exchange and serve their customers well with better security and a knowledgeable staff. But I dont believe that having worked at Citi is any guarantee of that, as they have a history of being hacked and there financial stability has depended on my tax money.

error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 05:46:59 PM

Your right, it is guilt by association and that is not fair. They may set up an awesome exchange and serve their customers well with better security and a knowledgeable staff. But I dont believe that having worked at Citi is any guarantee of that, as they have a history of being hacked and there financial stability has depended on my tax money.

Apparently these guys worked at Citi in the 1990s, long before any of the current crap happened.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: