Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:52:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is currently cannibalizing altcoins  (Read 387 times)
Nebell (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:28:24 PM

Bitcoin dominance is slowly increasing. It was at 34% a few days ago, now it's at 39.5%. Most altcoins are red.
Bitcoin is currently more than twice the market cap of #2, Ethereum.

Do you think that altcoin hype is finally fading?

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:42:52 PM

BTC rise up to $20K again and everybody sell alts for btc to get profits ... or maybe up to $50K?
bratbu

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:47:29 PM

Bitcoin dominance is slowly increasing. It was at 34% a few days ago, now it's at 39.5%. Most altcoins are red.

Marketcap is increasing and its only means that Investors are putting their money to bitcoin's market because they know bitcoin is going to skyrockets few hours from now,because bitcoin's general direction is upwards which means we are going to have a bullish market in the next few days so i suggest you should stick with bitcoin too so you wont get trapped with these altcoins.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:59:04 PM

Bitcoin is the benchmark of all cryptocurrencies but major altcoins and tokensare correlated with the ETH where major tokens and new altcoins are dependent on ERC20 platform from ETH, i am considering that ETH will still the mother of altcoins but BTC is the king of cryptos.
DiabolicAnt

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:07:00 PM

No, I don't think so. Market has not recovered yet from the recent crysis. In nearest future we'll x2-3 prices on the alt-coins as well, I'm 100% sure in that.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Brothersav

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:48:55 PM

It's hard to judge as BTC is tied to all alt coins. I think you need to weigh each alt coin to be worth a $ figure instead of sathoshi value. The deeper BTC dives, most alt coins hold their $ value relative to BTC satoshi value. When BTC increases youll see sathoshi value fade away. It's a game to increase your BTC holding in alt coins. Hopefully ETH will become king.

entemeister

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:01:42 AM

It´s bitcoin season now , when BTC stabilize there will be an altcoin season
Cosmo2020
Copper Member

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:09:24 AM

This simply is a BTC rally without the others. There were 2 or 3 mini-rallies last month. This time, its the market mover - Bitcoin.
ItsEzMkay

Activity: 303

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:10:41 AM

Bitcoin was always going to take back some of the market share but it doesn't mean the altcoin run is completely over or gone, I think it is on a temporary pause right now. I do expect alts to party again, and Bitcoin at some point will take over 50% market share but which happens first I don't know this.

rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:19:15 AM

you might be correct that altcoin hype is already fading. investors are not that interested in ICO compared to last year. Good thing that government imposed regulation to stop the increasing activity of scam shitty coins.

Bitcoin will dominate this year and many altcoin will pop up like a bubble and most of them the shitty one.

Reatim

Activity: 2870
Merit: 362

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:21:05 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 05:34:40 AM by Reatim

I don't think so. Maybe people are shifting funds around, going to bitcoin because its started a rally. Well, at least that's how I read the market and bitcoin's dominance.

And I don't think that the altcoin hype is finally fading or dying most specially the top 5 - 10 altcoins. Yeah, they have their days under the sun, but I'm sure that in the next coming months most of them will increase as well even getting into all-time-high. What I don't like though is that those altcoin fan boys shouting that bitcoin dominance will be over. It will not happen. Sorry to burst the bubble to you guys.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
toolsmans

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:23:01 AM

this is a normal picture. This does not mean that altcoyins do not grow. If you take and watch the price of altcoyin in dollars, then they also have growth. Just the growth of altcoyins does not keep up with the bump, because more money is pouring into bitcoin. Now generally there is a general pumping of the market. And do not forget that to buy many altkoins in the beginning you need to buy bitcoin. And this is pushing the course even higher. On what the hamsters react and again fly into the cue ball.

Polipog

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:25:41 AM

Actually bitcoin is the main types of all crypto-currencies, other crypto-currencies are based on bitcoin prce movement, if we noticed, bitcoin price goes down rapidly, all kinds of crypto also following down rapidly and bitcoin remain their price at the top. So altcoins also follow bitcoin price movement, and it would not be happen that altcoin having price that above bitcoin.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 01:05:17 AM

You have to be careful to not take small movements in the market and then make huge assumptions.
That is not an informed trading practice.
Rather, you analyze data, compare it to trends in the past, find patterns, then predict a percentage range increase.
It might sound complicated, but hey, I'm just an English teacher.  Before crypto I HATED and sucked at math.
But I learned how to do it through hardcore research and practice and I can tell you this: numbers give way better profits rather than speculation.

For the current state of the market, what you have, is a combination of some new money entering the crypto world.
It is almost always through btc first, sometimes through eth.
also, the semi new ones from the past two months are starting to think that their shitcoin that was hyped by mcaffee or whoever isn't going anywhere so they are migrating back to a stable investment.
As the market goes up, people will start to gain more confidence and the wild speculative investments will begin again and, voila! Our next bull run.

ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:05:35 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 01:20:42 AM by ruthbabe

I don't think so. Maybe people are shifting funds around, going to bitcoin because its started a rally. Well, at least that's how I read the market and bitcoin's dominance.

And I don't think that the altcoin hype is finally fading or dying most specially the top 5 - 10 altcoins. Yeah, they have their days under the sun, but I'm sure that in the next coming months most of them will increase as well even getting into all-time-high. What I don't like though is that those altcoin fan boys shouting that bitcoin dominance will be over. It will not happen. Sorry to burst the bubble to you guys.

I think what's happening now in the crypto marketplace is something related to Pump and Dump Schemes involving people who buy crypto coins all at the same time to increase the price and sell it when the value increases for huge profits. The scheme involves finding cheap coins to purchase and then artificially boosting their prices through misleading statements via news outlets and social media like Twitter and Telegram before cashing out. Please read, WALKTHROUGH: How traders 'pump and dump' cryptocurrencies and How Bitcoin Pumps and Dumps Work.

Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:14:43 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 01:25:30 AM by Flor1982

I think this is not because this is due to the mentality of the traders are now set to Bitcoin in which they think that investing in Bitcoin is much faster to gain than investing or holding their altcoin in which also a strategy to ensure earning but i believed this is just temporarily because we just came from trauma of corrections in which most of us wants to ensure recovery of the losses.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 01:21:10 AM

Bitcoin is in a correction period, and altcoin is also on its correction period too after the huge crash that happened last month, altcoins are still in a good race to make a good profit, bit honestly Bitcoin is still a supreme in the cryptocurrency markets.

Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:27:22 AM

To me this just means there's no real new money entering the market and it's just alts trading back for bitcoin.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
Casmania

Activity: 390

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:46:24 AM

In my own interpretation, since bitcoin is now on recovery mode which is currently happening this time and continuously increasing, more people may have shifted to do investment more on btc rather than altcoins. With this, people are seeing much greater opportunity with btc to earn more than with altcoins. Based on the coinmarket cap price history, majority of the alts were on downward trend probably because of the shift in investment going to btc.
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:54:47 AM

Its nothing new,it happens all the time btc increase altcoin drop,after btc hype will be over altcoin will touch a new height,majority of altcoin should fall as they are shitcoin without any use just are for payment option which is not required.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: