Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:15:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM SCAM SCAM please read  (Read 608 times)
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 10:29:17 PM

Guys I was going to leave this one be but I had to share. I sell these on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-unfunded-physical-bitcoin-Hard-secure-bitcoin-Wallet-/200965840108?hash=item2eca7f5cec
I sell them fully funded also and have been doing it for a while now. Today I was approached by someone who wanted to buy bit coins directly without postage just sent to their wallet. The bit coin price was 80 GBP and I said 100GBP. They wanted 4 and I thought it would be easy money so I said yes. I was going to make 80 gbp for doing nothing right???

I told them my email address and they sent payment as a gift immediately 400 pounds of it. I was excited about the thought of making 80 pounds effortlessly.....

Something didn't seam right though. I sent 0.1 BTC and they confirmed they had it. I then started analysing the name on the paypal account and the email address I have been emailing him with and confronted him about it. He told me a load of bollox saying something about his wife and it was her account. I said before I send the remaining 3.9 BTC I want to see some proof you have some association with this email address on paypal. He told me not to worry and he repaid the 0.1 BTC and told me to repay the gift payment and we can officially go through ebay. I stupidly made a refund ( I should not have done as he will now rip someone else off)
and I have not heard from him since.

He is still free waiting to rip someone off. SO BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was using a hacked paypal account I fully believe all you BTC people beware.

To peel or not to peel.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dragonkid

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 10:33:56 PM

Thanks. It is good to know.

Pages: [1]
  Print