Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:01:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the cheapest way to convert between coins?  (Read 136 times)
SelectProduce (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:49:06 PM

Lets say I have Ethereum stored in my local wallet and I want to convert it to Zcash or any other coin and transfer it to my local wallet.

Where would I get the most accurate coins price and the lowest fees. What will be the cheapest option?

Plus It would be nice not to go trough a long verification process

I used shapeshift in the past and I like how it works (no need to register) but I am not sure about how accurate are the coins prices and how low the fees.
Ba37

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:56:35 PM

I used changelly for exchanging before. It was easy to use and everything is straightforward. Not sure if it is the cheapest or not.
CryptoTechnik

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:00:43 AM

So far, I find the cheapest way to convert between coins is on an exchange. Bittrex and Binance offer a lot of options.
ItsEzMkay

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:12:02 AM

Either ShapeShift, Exodus, or some or other wallet that has atomic swap conversion. Other than that I don't got a clue but the first two wallets function well imo.

SelectProduce (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:23:52 AM

So far, I find the cheapest way to convert between coins is on an exchange. Bittrex and Binance offer a lot of options.

Bittrex is closed for registration https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003463331 and Binance charge about $10+ to windrow form the site to a wallet
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 01:11:15 AM

changelly and shapeshift really are the most convenient.
I wouldn't say it's cheaper or more expensive, it does initiate a trade on an exchange that has the best "deal" but then their fees are slightly higher.
Overall it seems to be about the same price as doing it on a major exchange.

Although it might seem like a pain, I find that the newer exchanges that only do crypto (no usd or other fiat involved) with their own coin are really cheap.
Binance and kucoin have ridiculously low exchange rates if you use their coin and the volume is large enough that you can quickly trade.
You might have to go from say, nano to btc, then to whatever coin you want.  But it's a step that doesn't bother me.
Also, there are extensive trading pairs between btc, eth, and their own coin so it's easy to move things around.

I once tried taking advantage of relatively high eth prices and low btc prices so I moved wabi to btc, then btc to eth, then eth to wabi.
I made a whopping extra .43% on my wabi haha.

shahani

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:51:10 AM

Be smart when converting coins, all we want to do are very careful, because many sights offering low payments or very cheapest way of payment when we convert our coins, but the opposite problem is scam, mostly scams are offer low payments transactions but in the end you are the next victim. It is better to pay enough amount of transaction charges than a victim of scammers.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:55:03 AM

Don't use shapeshift or things like that for transferring between cryptos. Use a proper exchange, they are the cheapest. To find the best rate with the highest liquidity, check on coinmarketcap.com
wiik

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:02:57 AM

Id say that an exchange is a lot more cheaper and convenient than those exchange site (changelly , shapshift etc) . The exchange process sometimes take 1-2 hours .

In changelly for example , i tried exchanging my ETH into BTC . Then some sh*t happened , on their site it says waiting for deposit where in I already deposited my ETH to their wallet . Took me 3 days to get my BTC after sending support messages everyday .

So my advice to y'all is , dont go for exchanges site (changelly , shapshift etc) if you can . Go for direct trade by using trading sites like Bittrex , Polo , etc . Me personally , i trade my ETH at BitZ pretty straight up exchange . You just need to keep an eye for the price or just place an order and leave it till you get your desired price .

STIKS1911

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:20:08 AM

I think it will be cheaper to exchange at any exchange. For example, Bittrex, Poloniex, Binance,Kucoin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: