Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:23:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HOPE FOR ALTCOINS  (Read 184 times)
spring07 (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

0x5A165891De2a2c8B82c7De19486277e0d5b644DF

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:21:15 AM

As a result of proliferation of airdrops and tokens everywhere, i am beginning to get really worried.
Between last year and January this year, i filled airdrop forms with so much hope and high expectations. But this is clearly not the case any more.
Imagine, i got 1,000,000 tokens after sending 0.001 Eth to a contract address.

My fear is, wont this token end up being shit tokens/coins.

What are your views.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zickle

Activity: 308
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:53:19 AM

As a result of proliferation of airdrops and tokens everywhere, i am beginning to get really worried.
Between last year and January this year, i filled airdrop forms with so much hope and high expectations. But this is clearly not the case any more. Imagine, i got 1,000,000 tokens after sending 0.001 Eth to a contract address.
It was not really an airdrop, you paid for it. So, you taked part in some kind of ICO. 0,001 ETH is not so much, you shouldn't be disappointed, if it fails.
It's not surprising, that many airdropped tokens will be a shitcoins. But airdop is a form to draw attention to your project and it works very well.
stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:48:41 AM

Many airdrops may or may not get desired attention to hit the mark.f you are involved
in any airdrop campaign, just be hopeful.It is a 50/50 chance as there is no guarantee.
The one you spent some ethereum may not be an airdrop campaign.It must have been an advertized
ICO(Initial Coin Offering) which you participated in.Most of the coins go low when campaign hunters
are dumping it.If you wait untill it appreciates after dumping, you may gain from it.
bakujo0817

Activity: 313
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:12:14 PM

thats not we can call airdrop anymore if you sent 0.001 eth for their token it just you buy their token. airdrop is suppose to be free token for doing simple task they require for spreading there project.
cryptotrad

Activity: 308

Spanish translator & Community Manager

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 05:41:41 PM

Invest in disruptive technologies and read read read before investing.
wenxop

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:32:08 PM

in these months there have been many airdrop of different coins in shitcoin majority that did not reach anything, others even entered into coinmarketcap. if you paid that amount you should not worry, although for that amount many coins raised and disappeared so you should know that it is an airdrop and be very careful
Emin90

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:39:34 PM

No need to worry it's normal, I have participated in many airdrop and coins were coming but so far on the exchange traded 70% coins. Be patient.
ico41

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

Nothing in the cry of cicadas suggests ...

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 08:58:19 PM

I think that participating in an airdrop with a micro-payment (like .001 ETH) is not a bad idea, since it's such a low investment/risk, and those coins, once you have them in your wallet, aren't going anyway - who knows what will happen in the future?  You really don't know - I'm sure that 99% of the ICO's nowadays will end up nowhere, but all it takes is one DASH, so I think the spaghetti against the wall approach works in this case.

And traditional airdrops (which do not carry a cost) are also a good idea, I think, if you have the time to participate.

When you are saying you are worried - I think you should stop worrying about it and accept that 99% will end up being worthless.  And go for it - broaden and do as many as look halfway decent, and play the odds.
thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:35:56 PM

I stopped researching new ico's/airdrops a few months ago.
With so many projects coming out every day the market is getting tremendously saturated.
I
 think this year the venture capitol and tokenization project platforms like POLYMATH and DCORP will do well, as everyone has ico fatigue, fork fatigue, and now airdrop fatigue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: