Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:15:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thailand Government plans partnership with OmiseGO!  (Read 219 times)
Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:10:09 AM

Another great crypto news came from Thailand.
OmiseGO, public Ethereum-based payment platform, signed a partnership agreement with the Ministry of digital technologies Thailand for collaboration on system identification and online payments on a national scale.
Read more here: The government of Thailand will release the “digital passport” in partnership with Ethereum startup OmiseGO.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 01:17:34 AM

Interesting news.  If able to be implemented, this would be a rather large step forward in mainstreaming blockchain tech.

As far as omg goes, I was a past hoarder, but have since sold them all off.
I loved the concept and I loved that omg was a firm supporter of the eth network, there has seriously been ZERO development ever since the ico.
There have been announcements and promises, but no actual working product at all, not even an mvp.

Now, I see omg as way too far behind to ever make a huge difference.
My confidence in them developing a nation wide electronic id and payment system for thailand is very thin.
that's like telling someone who has never even bench pressed before to just go ahead and bench 300lbs.

So yeah, omg was the project I wish had turned out better, but never did.

Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:25:06 AM

Interesting news.  If able to be implemented, this would be a rather large step forward in mainstreaming blockchain tech.

I loved the concept and I loved that omg was a firm supporter of the eth network, there has seriously been ZERO development ever since the ico.
There have been announcements and promises, but no actual working product at all, not even an mvp.

My confidence in them developing a nation wide electronic id and payment system for thailand is very thin.
that's like telling someone who has never even bench pressed before to just go ahead and bench 300lbs.

OmiseGo is the only coin that will get as close to a real project as can be. What other coin has a real use case right now? And this news is development and adoption with real use.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:43:16 AM

OmiseGO, public Ethereum-based payment platform, signed a partnership agreement with the Ministry of digital technologies Thailand for collaboration on system identification and online payments on a national scale.
Read more here: The government of Thailand will release the “digital passport” in partnership with Ethereum startup OmiseGO.

I do not know whether this news will have a good impact on all the coins or just to Omisego alone
it seems the community of Omisego is less than large, so the adoption of the Thai government can be regarded as its rebranding to increase the liquidity of related tokens
honorato

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:48:54 AM

Wow interesting. Thailand is next to Japan embracing cryptocurrency while maintaining its culture.
Hope other countries do the same. Othee countries are watching how others react.
Once other country follows then their will be skyrocketing..

what will be the future incase that will happen ?..
sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 02:13:23 AM

Interestingly enough, OMG has been one of the few coins that has remained in the green when most of the coins are currently in the red.

udayantha11

Activity: 770

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 02:23:56 AM

this is a good news , this will boom the industry again specially the OMG. I have small bag of OMG so it will boom again

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
IgniHash

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:46:12 AM

This is good news for asian market, especially for south east asian.
As far as I know, OMG is one of token which shilling by Vitalik Butterin.

@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:22:17 AM

OMG has gone up by more than 20% in a week, most likely due to this positive news. Good for holders as OMG had been underperforming for a long time in my opinion.

Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:27:12 PM

Interestingly enough, OMG has been one of the few coins that has remained in the green when most of the coins are currently in the red.

Good point, I also noticed that OMG price had one of the strongest positions during previous crypto market storms.
RonaldDuncan

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:36:06 PM

Well I hope that this is good news in the crypto industry like india and other countries banning cryptos had a negative affect on the currency i think this will bring a positive impact
OlinEmerson

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:13:42 PM

Great to know that some governments are taking good steps for their country and also this will bring a good impact on peoples mind's about crypto currencies
Herp-a-derp

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:42:15 PM

On the one hand, cooperation with the government facilitates the use of crypto-currencies. On the other hand, it is the risk of getting under control and losing decentralization, anonymity and transparency
Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:29:45 PM

On the one hand, cooperation with the government facilitates the use of crypto-currencies. On the other hand, it is the risk of getting under control and losing decentralization, anonymity and transparency

To avoid legalization issues in future crypto vendors will have to collaborate with governments all around the world.
Today we have such a huge variety of crypto-assets and technologies that each region and industry can choose ones that fit their particular needs.
coin163

Activity: 462
Merit: 281

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:33:03 PM

With support from Thai Gov as they want issue epassport via OmiseGo blockchain and Plasma network
I'm excited for omg this year. Once they release plasma, staking, dex, sdk wallet this year it's gonna take off
Vitalik is heavily involved with omg as well

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5245436.0

Disposable surgical Face Mask with CE, FDA Approved for sell.
Haley craft

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:36:56 PM

Will this have a positive impact on the OMG? But now that the entire cryptocurrency market is in a bear market, even if this is good news, I don't think the OMG price will go up significantly.

Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:04:44 PM

Here is more information about OmiseGO in Asia.
OmiseGO has strong ties to Singapore, Japan and Thailand with a number of strategic partnerships. A number of products road-mapped for launch this year and Vitalik Buterin has praised the project. OMG is traded largely in Southeast Asia on Binance, Upbit and Ethfinex.
Please check more here: Asian Cryptocurrency Trading Roundup: Top Altcoin is OmiseGO
eldub

Activity: 232
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:21:23 PM

It's been so long since I heard anything about OmiseGo that I had almost forgotten them. For such a hyped coin, not much has come of it. It has been a disappointment to me, so hopefully this news is the start of more activity coming.

lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:24:30 PM

It's been so long since I heard anything about OmiseGo that I had almost forgotten them. For such a hyped coin, not much has come of it. It has been a disappointment to me, so hopefully this news is the start of more activity coming.
I remember the last partnership with the thailand bank and it's not related to the thailand government and this is a new partnership in my opinion. If that will be true in the future and it will become a real thing and then we should get another big hype soon because that means if the ico project can be used in our real life. Just like what already done by thai government and OMG

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Daveeoff

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:41:09 PM

Interesting news.  If able to be implemented, this would be a rather large step forward in mainstreaming blockchain tech.

OmiseGo is the only coin that will get as close to a real project as can be. What other coin has a real use case right now? And this news is development and adoption with real use.

ICON has good real life use cases. They have already partnered with hospitals, universities and etc.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: