Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:15:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Discussion of Just-Dice  (Read 777 times)
Daggett993 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 08:16:29 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 04:03:40 AM by Daggett993

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=298905.0

EDIT I would like the redact my claims.  It seems I let my bias get the best of me and I don't like baseless scam accusations from others on the forum, so it seems that I should hold myself to the same standard.

While I still believe certain things are suspicious about the big JD losses, I would like nothing more than an open discussion of it.  Thank you all and apologizes for coming off so strong.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
askinquestions

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 08:38:17 AM

I just want to let you know that WhoisGuard is a service used by millions of domain name owners to protect the identity of the owners of the site.

I'm speculating here, but it seems to me that any operator of a gambling site accepting bitcoins would want to protect their identity to some degree.  Why?  There's numerous obvious reasons but I'm sure the most important is they do not have the proper licensing to run a gambling site; there is no need to reveal their identity; profiting from running gambling games in jurisdictions where gambling is illegal is a crime; they may not report earnings or want to pay taxes on their share of the profits.

http://www.whoisguard.com/ - shows an example of a protected email contact and registration data.

Your concerns could be valid, I can't say with certainty that nobody is cheating on any of the sites, but your evidence is non-existent.  In fact the evidence you present only demonstrates that the people operating these sites are smart enough to not put their real contact information on the domain.

satoshidice has a private whois, coinroll.it has a private whois data, etc.

The only thing interesting is that they were all registered through eNom.  But eNom is a TLD reseller, so technically the sites could be registered through other services that resell domains through eNom or there may be some other valid reason.

I guess the bottom line is that if you're going to invest your BTC in an enterprise that operates in the grey market at best, you have to trust someone.  If you don't, don't invest.

GigaDice

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 08:47:17 AM

None of your evidence supports your argument, seems like you were trying very hard to find a relationship between the two and this is the best you could come up with.
ghibly79
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

Crypto entrepreneur and consultant

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 09:15:58 AM

I don't understand how it is so surprising that a guy with a bankroll of around 10k can win some 8k. I did triple or even quadruple little bankrolls before, and I'm sure many other players did (even more than 4x, losing eventually).
He just won +80%.

I understand investors' frustration and you may argue if 1% edge is too low or max bet too high, but suspecting a scam after some rich guy won 80% of his bankroll is plainly dumb.
askinquestions

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 06:49:27 PM

How do you know how many bitcoins a guy has.  How many wallets do you have?  How many wallets do you think some  guy with 10k+btc has.  IDK, but I'm certain you don't know what his BTC roll is.

Also some people know when to quit.  I got to 25x my original balance in an afternoon once on JD and lost it betting too big.  Be glad nakowa didn't do that.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 09:01:03 PM

Mo money mo problems.

Daggett993 (OP)

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 10:28:10 PM

I would like the redact my claims.  It seems I let my bias get the best of me and I don't like baseless scam accusations from others on the forum, so it seems that I should hold myself to the same standard.

While I still believe certain things are suspicious about the big JD losses, I would like nothing more than an open discussion of it.  Thank you all and apologizes for coming off so strong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: