Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:23:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling BTC without going through an exchange  (Read 249 times)
Crytptohack (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 06:46:18 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 07:03:09 AM by Crytptohack

Is there a 'best' way to do this?  What if I want to sell 2 BTC's for the current price of 10.5K or $21,000 USD's.  I do not want to sell them on Coinbase or Gemini.

Do I ask someone from my local BTC meetup? So if there is a buyer, they will bring $21,000 in $100 dollar bills with them in a brown paper bag...? (OK, maybe a backpack)
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:50:07 AM

Check out https://localbitcoins.com/.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6183

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:54:53 AM

You could trade with people on the forums using PayPal, Skrill etc. and then simply withdraw to your bank account. If you're going to meet face to face with someone, I suggest doing it in a public place and with smaller amounts (with different individuals) as things could go wrong.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Crytptohack (OP)

HodL!

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 06:59:50 AM

Thanks for the info, have you used this site and bought/sold?  Has anyone here?
Crytptohack (OP)

HodL!

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 07:01:38 AM

You could trade with people on the forums using PayPal, Skrill etc. and then simply withdraw to your bank account. If you're going to meet face to face with someone, I suggest doing it in a public place and with smaller amounts (with different individuals) as things could go wrong.

Thanks for the info/reply. I was thinking Craigslist was not a good place to find buyers...
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:22:50 AM

Yeah, that used to be my go to site before the transaction fees/time. I switched to localethereum.com, It's practically the same thing and i've actually switched some of my clients to using it for trades. I recommend looking into that  if you are planning on selling multiples at small amounts.
magnalucus

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 09:26:21 AM

Check https://localbitcoins.com.

Or trade by Papal.

I bought 1 BTC by papal from a Japanese 2013.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6183

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:27:17 AM

Thanks for the info/reply. I was thinking Craigslist was not a good place to find buyers...

Stay away from Craigslist and eBay. The site suggested above (Localbitcoins) is safe as long as you're trading with reputable individuals just like when you're trading here on the currency exchange section, so just make sure you check the trust history.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:59:28 AM

Localbitcoins is ok.

I am going to sell a few later there.
techit

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:13:49 AM

Take a look through localbitcoins.com
If your lucky you can find someone nearby looking to buy bitcoins.
tbalazs

Merit: 7

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:59:23 AM

you can post on forums, facebook, reddit etc that you want to sell and there might be people who are willing to buy actaully

DGTX Airdrop // Crypto exchange without commission  (https://digitexfutures.com/join-waitlist?kid=15JQ42/)
Valandily

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:34:56 AM

There might also be local businesses, not random people in localbitcoins. In my city, there's a kiosk where you can securely buy or sell BTC and some other top altcoins for a good price
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:46:30 AM

May I ask why you don't want to sell on Coinbase or Gemini?

They have a much, much lower margin of error compared to any P2P option. Selling face to face for cash carries the risk of being robbed, selling to any individual via bank transfer or cash deposit has the risk of them attempting to reverse it by claiming a hack or mistake.

I certainly wouldn't sell huge amounts via an exchange, but for modest ish amounts that's what I'd choose if I had the option.
exknoxeric

Merit: 1

The Revolution Will Be Decentralized

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:05:42 PM

Is there a 'best' way to do this?  What if I want to sell 2 BTC's for the current price of 10.5K or $21,000 USD's.  I do not want to sell them on Coinbase or Gemini.

Do I ask someone from my local BTC meetup? So if there is a buyer, they will bring $21,000 in $100 dollar bills with them in a brown paper bag...? (OK, maybe a backpack)

Would you want someone to show up with 210 $100 bills?  Smiley
BETnaBET

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:15:46 PM

Yes this is the number one problem now, selling coins without exchanger. Our pay is in our wallet already but it's not ready to trade. Sometimes we wait for a long time but when exchanger open the price if the coin are very low. We cant even have the chance to be a millionaire.Unlike in the past time bitcoin is very high and it's really exciting to have a big income.
dexone
Copper Member

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:45:20 AM

Well, if you want to exchange your btc to fiat, localbitcoins could be your best choice. If you just want to avoid the price down, maybe use a major exchange to sell your btc against usdt is a better way
aidinx

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:37:26 AM

A good way could be use an exchange site to trade with other currencies. Such as you can trade your BTC with skrill, neteller, paypal, perfect money etc. There are several websites that does such trading. You can try http://bestchange.com, which gives a wide range of options. I have been using this to trade ETH/BTC with paypal/skrill for many months. Some of the exchanges listed here even requires KYC. I feel this is safer than dealing with a stranger!
Mc_Moneysack

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:52:11 AM

Check https://localbitcoins.com.

Or trade by Papal.

I bought 1 BTC by papal from a Japanese 2013.

I wouldn’t recommend PayPal since digital assets are not covered by the buyers protection. As a seller this is ofcourse not a concern to you.

The best way would probably be to use some kind of smart contract. The seller could for example list the amount of coins on a decentralised exchange like Etherdelta and you could then select it from the bid section. However, it could happen that someone else will buy from your seller first. Moreover, I don’t know if something like Etherdelta exists for BTC, as it is only for ETH tokens.

Maybe Byteball could be a solution for you, but I have never used it and it would also require the conversion of BTC.

In the end the problem will always be that you still need an exchange to convert to fiat.

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/
KullAxel

Activity: 81
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:32:17 PM

There is a site called localbitcoin.com you can trade with people in person or you can send to them without going through exchanger by  waiting till they send you money through lets say paypal, or money order or so and then you send bitcoin to them but otherwise you can meet in person with them and exchange.
Sferium

Activity: 14
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:12:52 PM

I sincerely hope you already found your buyer (s), Bitcoin price has been plummeting, you should've sold them last month.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: