Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:44:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: State owned bank and crypto comunity unite to protect ICO investors in Russia  (Read 166 times)
pooque

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:07:08 PM

pros:
- Protection from scam projects. As the team doesn't get all the money at once they will need to have a good progress to get funds.
- Protection from fishing. Investment is done on the platform, scenarios with fishing mails like bee token story can't happen (or at least less likely)
- Investors get some control over the project
- Overall process becomes more transparent

cons:
- Crypto is about decentralisation, this platform looks centralised
- Funds will be controlled by platfrom so it can be hacked like an exchange
- It is not clearly explained how projevt reviewer will be elected and rotated. Corruption is a big problem in Russia
- The platform will give too much control for the state over ICO

So what do you guys think? Is it a good idea that can possibly be adopted all over the world or it will fail eventualy?

Sounds like ICO investments in russia will soon come to its end,if this will be implemented most of the russians wont have any freedom.Doing this will only destroy's decentralization of cryptocurrencies,its just like they want these ICOs to be handled by the government which is not a good idea,because it will be morelikely  these ICOs will be centralized investments.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
randomhumster (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:57:58 AM

Sounds like ICO investments in russia will soon come to its end,if this will be implemented most of the russians wont have any freedom.Doing this will only destroy's decentralization of cryptocurrencies,its just like they want these ICOs to be handled by the government which is not a good idea,because it will be morelikely  these ICOs will be centralized investments.
I don't think so. I talk a lot with people here in Russia who have money but don't invest in cryptocurrency. The main reason is that it is extrimly risky and not transparent. You send your money to some company and have no guaranties at all that they will actually work on the project. They can take your money, close their site and social accounts and go spent the money on themselves. And you can't do anything. And the key point is that this fear is actually based on statistics. Most ICO projects are scam.

The only centralisation here is that ICO wallet will be opened on a centralized platform, but approved payments will still be sent to wallet controlled by ICO team anyway.

Don't undersatand comment about freedom. USA and China ICO bans are totally against freedom, but this one doesn't restrcit anything. And by the way it is a private paltform and nobody pushes you to hold your ICO there. it is just a way to tell your potentional investors that your project is not scam.
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:20:26 AM

It's a very good sign that Russia has really embraced the crypto. Unity of bank and crypto community signifies acceptance of cryptocurrency and it's a better solution to prevent those scammers to steal money from investors.

randomhumster (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:40:41 AM

It's a very good sign that Russia has really embraced the crypto. Unity of bank and crypto community signifies acceptance of cryptocurrency and it's a better solution to prevent those scammers to steal money from investors.
Yes, it is a very major change. A year ago every government official that mentioned crypto was proposing ban. Now they speak about regulation and protecting investors from scam projects.
papagapa

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:31:02 AM

Protecting ICO investors is something that should protect investment from scam. I am very glad that now at least somebody started to develop such a project.
Javanewstar

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:37:57 AM

This is a good news, the Russian government to develop a new system to protect investors against fraud, this is a better solution, but it will also become centralization for tokens, I doubt that.

minivan

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:41:12 AM

Any step in the direction of recognition by the official authorities of the Crypto-currency is positive. Whether the project you specify or not will not be easy to say. The most important thing in this news is that the authorities realize that they will have to put up with the fact that the crypto world is growing and replacing the classical currency
aalborg

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:01:36 AM

The subsidiary bank of the state corporation VEB Globex together with the Russian Association of Crypto and Blockchain (RACIB) and the CrowdHub Internet project are creating a system for protecting investments in Russian ICOs. The system will start working this year. 

Read more here: https://steemit.com/crypto/@cryptohumster/new-platform-to-offer-protection-of-crypto-investments-in-russia

To tell the strory short the platform will control funds collected on ICO. ICO team will receive funds in portions when they meet milestones. If a project fails all unspent funds are distributed back to investors. Groups of investors will decide if the team fullfils promises.

I personally think that introducing some regulation is a good idea. I also like that the project is driven by both comunity and state bank. But any idea has its cons and pros.

pros:
- Protection from scam projects. As the team doesn't get all the money at once they will need to have a good progress to get funds.
- Protection from fishing. Investment is done on the platform, scenarios with fishing mails like bee token story can't happen (or at least less likely)
- Investors get some control over the project
- Overall process becomes more transparent

cons:
- Crypto is about decentralisation, this platform looks centralised
- Funds will be controlled by platfrom so it can be hacked like an exchange
- It is not clearly explained how projevt reviewer will be elected and rotated. Corruption is a big problem in Russia
- The platform will give too much control for the state over ICO

So what do you guys think? Is it a good idea that can possibly be adopted all over the world or it will fail eventualy?

Hey, there is a special section of this forum,where you can discuss news.
Speaking about legislation, there is a good step forward against scam projests. On the other hand, even Russian ICO can choose another country to run project on other jurisdiction and that is not so difficult.
randomhumster (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:01:17 PM

This is a good news, the Russian government to develop a new system to protect investors against fraud, this is a better solution, but it will also become centralization for tokens, I doubt that.
It is not government, it is comunity and business. Basically the government still fails to provide full set of laws required for cryptocurrency. So comunity and business took a step forward to provide self regulation. And it is good that state bank is in. It shows government approval of the project.
lovemsngr

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:18:22 PM

China, Korea and the US have simply restricted access or even banned participation in ICO, but Russia has decided to develop protection against the scam, and this is very reasonable. I did not expect such a decision from the Russian Federation
Omnopon)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:36:54 PM

Now there is an extension for browsers that block questionable fraud sites and phishing links, but I have never seen such a large project. I hope he will be released soon.
kruzer200

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

= DINNGO = https://dinngo.co

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 12:38:11 PM

I myself often meet such ICO security questions on the forum, because this is the threat to the crypto community. The system of regulation and relative control must exist

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■⚫●●     DINNGO     ●●⚫■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
████████  ⚫●●     THE MOBILE DIGITAL CURRENCY EXCHANGE     ●●⚫  ████████
White Paper  ●  Telegram   Facebook   Twitter   Medium   Reddit   Youtube  ●  ANN Thread
randomhumster (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:40:09 AM

China, Korea and the US have simply restricted access or even banned participation in ICO, but Russia has decided to develop protection against the scam, and this is very reasonable. I did not expect such a decision from the Russian Federation
It is not possible to predict the future of crypto in Russia. There is a strong lobby for cryptocurrecncies. Monistry of finance littery suggest to create special zones in 2russian cities where crypto will be fully legalized with no taxes. Everyone will be able to register crypto bussiness there and so on. At the same time central bank sees a threat to banking system and promotes ban of cryptocurrencies. Yes even central bank doesn't want to ban ICO.
michael shikany

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:55:09 AM

Actually I have been think governments to take further measures to regulate encryption in the money market is a good thing, because it means that acknowledged encryption monetary market is legitimate, but they also don't want to ban encryption currency market, they only want to tax on the whole market.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: