Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:19:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PRE-SALE LIVE] DarcMatter Coin (DMC) - The Global Finance Revolution  (Read 22508 times)
bananafana

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:36:05 PM

What exactly is DarcMatter trying to do? What problems is it trying to solve and how?

DMC was created to tokenize an antiquated system. The long term vision, is to replace the traditional centralized investing processes, with blockchain technology solutions to increase transparency and remove/reduce inefficiencies. DMC will be used for a permissioned blockchain, which is one specific type of private blockchain. While having all the benefits of a blockchain, it also permits for the level of discretion and privacy that is often required for the world of alternative funds and investments in general. DarcMatter will utilize a blockchain based distributed ledger which allows all parties necessary for completion of an alternative fund investment (any distribution intermediary, fund reporting entity, fund manager and/or investor), to concurrently and seamlessly be able to view the current and historical transaction record in full.

Thanks for your reply. That makes a lot of sense and I can see the need for this solution. I am impressed to see you guys already have J.P. Morgan and Merrill Lynch actively using DarcMatter. It is no wonder you guys are having such success in your private pre-sale. I see a bright future for DarcMatter.
CetaNetwork

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:50:40 PM

What percentage of DarcMatter coins are sold during the pre-sale and ICO?

50% of the (1,000,000,000) coins are being sold.

Thanks for your reply. How are the other 50% of coins being distributed?

Hey, I can answer this. According to the white paper, here is the overall coin distribution:

1,000,000,000 DMC – This is a finite supply and will not be increased.

DMC ICO (50%) 500,000,000
Management Reserve (35%) 350,000,000
Developers (6%) 60,000,000
Seed Investors (4%) 40,000,000
Company Reserve (5%) 50,000,000

okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:57:30 PM

Thank you for your reply. Your team is large, diverse and seems very qualified. It is nice to see a good team like this. Who in the team is responsible for answering questions here?

Cool project. Who is on the DarcMatter team?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sang H. Lee is the Co-Founder and CEO of DarcMatter. A leading pioneer within the Financial Services and Technology industries, Sang has worked to push forward necessary regulatory changes, as well as industry buy-in to achieve much of the platform boarding, the industry has seen today. Sang has been recognized as an ‘Under30CEO Entrepreneur to Watch in New York City’ and a ‘GOOD100’ fellow, an annual list of 100 change making entrepreneurs.

Sang is also an international keynote speaker on various topics within FinTech and Cross Border investments, accepting numerous speaking invitations from the UN, International CES, Harvard University, Brown University, the Council on Foreign Relations, among others. He has also been featured in both domestic and international publications including Forbes, Bloomberg Radio, Private Wealth Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine, CNBC, FINalternatives, and many more.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Natasha Bansgopaul is the Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the Global Award Winning FinTech Platform, DarcMatter (DM). She is a part of the founding team of both DarcMatter and Return on Change, joining the company as an experienced marketing and strategy professional with over 10+ years of demonstrated leadership through key strategic roles at both Fortune 50 and Fortune 100 companies. She has successfully lead DM through various startup competitions and conferences, resulting in global awards and recognition such as, NextMoney Global FinTech Finals, “Best Growth Stage FinTech Company”, Korean Startup Grand Challenge (Top 4 out of 120), and HFM Technology “Best FinTech Solution for Hedge Funds.”

Her previous corporate role at PepsiCo provided significant experience in developing global billion-dollar brands through new product innovation, comprehensive go-to-market and social media marketing strategies, and consumer insights research. Her breakthrough and cross-functional collaboration project wins, earned her various awards and accolades, including the company’s “Crushed Can” award for increasing the brand’s market share versus competition.

Stan is a CTO of DarcMatter and have joined the management team in 2013. He is part of the founding team of both Return on Change and DarcMatter. Stan is a pioneer in the technology industry being an early supporter of cutting edge technologies and platforms from the ground up including blockchain. Being an engineer by his education and calling, Stan received Master of Informatics degree at the age of 20. Starting his career early, he has 17 years of experience developing commercial software. He started from Windows API development in early 2000s and later on he covered mobile, server and frontend development working with such verticals as banking, fintech, trading, e-commerce, manufacturing, cloud services, professional services. Now an active participant in the blockchain movement, Stan will lead DarcMatter’s efforts in upgrading its platform.

See here for more details:
https://dmc.darcmatter.com/#section_team

xoof

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:10:06 PM

I didn't expect the pre-sale to end so soon, my fault I admit. But I wonder if you guys have considered putting a cap on how much each person can buy in the early stages of the sale? I know it can hinder the initial hype, but it's nice for the little guys to be able to get in on the action.
CetaNetwork

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:30:20 AM

I didn't expect the pre-sale to end so soon, my fault I admit. But I wonder if you guys have considered putting a cap on how much each person can buy in the early stages of the sale? I know it can hinder the initial hype, but it's nice for the little guys to be able to get in on the action.

For specific info on the presale, I suggest asking directly on their email for the ICO - DMCICO@DarcMatter.com
DM_Coin (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:29:13 AM

Hi, this is Natasha!

Thank you for your reply. Your team is large, diverse and seems very qualified. It is nice to see a good team like this. Who in the team is responsible for answering questions here?

Cool project. Who is on the DarcMatter team?

https://i.imgur.com/TT6nQQe.png

Sang H. Lee is the Co-Founder and CEO of DarcMatter. A leading pioneer within the Financial Services and Technology industries, Sang has worked to push forward necessary regulatory changes, as well as industry buy-in to achieve much of the platform boarding, the industry has seen today. Sang has been recognized as an ‘Under30CEO Entrepreneur to Watch in New York City’ and a ‘GOOD100’ fellow, an annual list of 100 change making entrepreneurs.

Sang is also an international keynote speaker on various topics within FinTech and Cross Border investments, accepting numerous speaking invitations from the UN, International CES, Harvard University, Brown University, the Council on Foreign Relations, among others. He has also been featured in both domestic and international publications including Forbes, Bloomberg Radio, Private Wealth Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine, CNBC, FINalternatives, and many more.

Natasha Bansgopaul is the Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the Global Award Winning FinTech Platform, DarcMatter (DM). She is a part of the founding team of both DarcMatter and Return on Change, joining the company as an experienced marketing and strategy professional with over 10+ years of demonstrated leadership through key strategic roles at both Fortune 50 and Fortune 100 companies. She has successfully lead DM through various startup competitions and conferences, resulting in global awards and recognition such as, NextMoney Global FinTech Finals, “Best Growth Stage FinTech Company”, Korean Startup Grand Challenge (Top 4 out of 120), and HFM Technology “Best FinTech Solution for Hedge Funds.”

Her previous corporate role at PepsiCo provided significant experience in developing global billion-dollar brands through new product innovation, comprehensive go-to-market and social media marketing strategies, and consumer insights research. Her breakthrough and cross-functional collaboration project wins, earned her various awards and accolades, including the company’s “Crushed Can” award for increasing the brand’s market share versus competition.

Stan is a CTO of DarcMatter and have joined the management team in 2013. He is part of the founding team of both Return on Change and DarcMatter. Stan is a pioneer in the technology industry being an early supporter of cutting edge technologies and platforms from the ground up including blockchain. Being an engineer by his education and calling, Stan received Master of Informatics degree at the age of 20. Starting his career early, he has 17 years of experience developing commercial software. He started from Windows API development in early 2000s and later on he covered mobile, server and frontend development working with such verticals as banking, fintech, trading, e-commerce, manufacturing, cloud services, professional services. Now an active participant in the blockchain movement, Stan will lead DarcMatter’s efforts in upgrading its platform.

See here for more details:
https://dmc.darcmatter.com/#section_team

deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:50:31 PM

Nice job on closing pre-sale tier 1 early. I think this project is very valuable and will make a huge impact on financial services. How is pre-sale tier 2 going and how can I invest?
bit-joker

Activity: 193

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:29:16 PM

I've been seeing DarcMatter in a lot of articles lately. I also noticed that DarcMatter was awarded with "Best Growth Stage Startup" last year. That's remarkable. What do you think was the main reason for winning that award?
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:09:06 PM

Is there a public Github link available for this project? If so, can you please link it? TIA
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 07:26:33 PM

I was interested to see that DMC is on the NEM blockchain and not ETH. Why did you guys choose this and what advantages does it have?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:47:02 PM

Hey, I can answer this. According to the white paper, here is the overall coin distribution:

Thanks for the reply. That distribution seems sound. What happens to unsold DMC tokens?
DM_Coin (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:49:17 PM

Nice job on closing pre-sale tier 1 early. I think this project is very valuable and will make a huge impact on financial services. How is pre-sale tier 2 going and how can I invest?

Hi deeltje! Please email DMCICO@DarcMatter.com for specific details on the presale.
CetaNetwork

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:28:36 PM

Is there a public Github link available for this project? If so, can you please link it? TIA

No, currently the code is not available for Github yet. The Github will address the abstraction layer.
DM_Coin (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:00:29 PM

I was interested to see that DMC is on the NEM blockchain and not ETH. Why did you guys choose this and what advantages does it have?

We decided to go with NEM vs. ERC20 for a few reasons:
1. The core technology and inception for NEM was specifically created for the more robust financial use case as in the situation with DarcMatter
2. The ease of use with developers and ability to modify the solution we believe to be much better than other blockchains in the market today
3. The ease of a blended public and private use case also drew us as well.
4. PoI (Proof of Importance) is something that is very important to us and we have our own custom modifications to what's important for the network.

In general:
NEM has a very strong team of developers and a great vision which was driven around the development of the underlying technology and its efficient use. There has been significant work that has been put into making the NEM blockchain accessible and modifiable in a much more scalable fashion than others including Ethereum. While the technology is very well designed for platform building for secure transactions such as alternative investments, it also utilizes significantly less power in its harvesting process as opposed to high energy use from mining of other cryptocurrencies; all of which create positive benefits for DMC and DarcMatter.
DM_Coin (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:21:21 PM

I've been seeing DarcMatter in a lot of articles lately. I also noticed that DarcMatter was awarded with "Best Growth Stage Startup" last year. That's remarkable. What do you think was the main reason for winning that award?

We think the main reason for winning this award was due to our user growth as we continued to build the platform. We were able to onboard more investors in the U.S. and Asia, along with increasing the number of alternative investment firms/funds available on DarcMatter. We were honored to receive the recognition!
DM_Coin (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:38:23 PM

Thanks for the reply. That distribution seems sound. What happens to unsold DMC tokens?

Hi there! The remaining unsold tokens get burned.
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:53:41 AM

Congrats on reaching your pre-sale goal. That's impressive. I am wondering if this product actually exists? If so, are there tutorials on how to use it?

Hi Celestio -

DarcMatter is the parent company and platform, that has been operational for 3+ years. DM Coin provides the opportunity to release even more financial technology solutions to deliver on DM’s vision: increase transparency and access within alternatives.. DarcMatter is designing, on top of its already operational global platform, an alternative fund marketplace transaction tool powered by smart contracts and the distributed ledger driven by the blockchain. This will combine the necessary implementation of fund administration, distribution, reporting and logistics, which are highly inefficient between fund managers and investors today.

You can watch a presentation and demo of the DarcMatter platform here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbgqZUtXx9E

And you can request a demo at: https://darcmatter.com/

Thanks, team. I appreciate the help and I am glad to see a working product that has been around for some time. I think that's going to go a long way to get more investors in. Also, nice presentation on how to actually log in and start using the DarcMatter platform. Thanks for taking the time to share that.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
DM_Coin (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:09:29 AM

Congrats on reaching your pre-sale goal. That's impressive. I am wondering if this product actually exists? If so, are there tutorials on how to use it?

Hi Celestio -

DarcMatter is the parent company and platform, that has been operational for 3+ years. DM Coin provides the opportunity to release even more financial technology solutions to deliver on DM’s vision: increase transparency and access within alternatives.. DarcMatter is designing, on top of its already operational global platform, an alternative fund marketplace transaction tool powered by smart contracts and the distributed ledger driven by the blockchain. This will combine the necessary implementation of fund administration, distribution, reporting and logistics, which are highly inefficient between fund managers and investors today.

You can watch a presentation and demo of the DarcMatter platform here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbgqZUtXx9E

And you can request a demo at: https://darcmatter.com/

Thanks, team. I appreciate the help and I am glad to see a working product that has been around for some time. I think that's going to go a long way to get more investors in. Also, nice presentation on how to actually log in and start using the DarcMatter platform. Thanks for taking the time to share that.

Awesome! We really appreciate your kind words.
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 03:50:25 PM

We decided to go with NEM vs. ERC20 for a few reasons:
1. The core technology and inception for NEM was specifically created for the more robust financial use case as in the situation with DarcMatter
2. The ease of use with developers and ability to modify the solution we believe to be much better than other blockchains in the market today
3. The ease of a blended public and private use case also drew us as well.
4. PoI (Proof of Importance) is something that is very important to us and we have our own custom modifications to what's important for the network.

In general:
NEM has a very strong team of developers and a great vision which was driven around the development of the underlying technology and its efficient use. There has been significant work that has been put into making the NEM blockchain accessible and modifiable in a much more scalable fashion than others including Ethereum. While the technology is very well designed for platform building for secure transactions such as alternative investments, it also utilizes significantly less power in its harvesting process as opposed to high energy use from mining of other cryptocurrencies; all of which create positive benefits for DMC and DarcMatter.

After that explanation, it does sound like the NEM blockchain was a good choice for DarcMatter. I'm glad to see it is more scalable and modifiable. It is also a huge plus that NEM more robust for financial use cases. Thanks for your help.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
bit-joker

Activity: 193

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:02:58 PM

We think the main reason for winning this award was due to our user growth as we continued to build the platform. We were able to onboard more investors in the U.S. and Asia, along with increasing the number of alternative investment firms/funds available on DarcMatter. We were honored to receive the recognition!

This project keeps impressing me as I learn more about it. It makes me feel better about my investment when I see all of the user growth and investments. I think you guys can do amazing things this year.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: