Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:09:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So was Monarch development the cause for BFL being so slow ordering 65nm parts?  (Read 1965 times)
Paladin69 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 06:25:49 PM

I can't shake the feeling that BFL was using customer money meant for 65nm parts to secretly fund the Monarch's 28nm NRE costs.  It would explain why ordering parts was so god damn slow.  I'm not familiar with NRE costs.

If the Monarch actually launches on time, it is a gigantic kick in the teeth to 65nm customers.  Make their 65nm customers wait forever, then screw them over even further by launching their own 28nm hashing farm.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 06:39:06 PM

The more important questions are "Who cares ?" and "Why does anyone continue to support Butterfly Labs ?"
dddbtc

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 06:49:36 PM

I can't shake the feeling that BFL was using customer money meant for 65nm parts to secretly fund the Monarch's 28nm NRE costs.  It would explain why ordering parts was so god damn slow.  I'm not familiar with NRE costs.

If the Monarch actually launches on time, it is a gigantic kick in the teeth to 65nm customers.  Make their 65nm customers wait forever, then screw them over even further by launching their own 28nm hashing farm.

Avalon did pretty much the same thing...
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 07:15:54 PM

Nope, unless the designers were supposed to be spending time stuffing boxes and answering emails

BBQKorv

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 10:39:56 PM

I can't shake the feeling that BFL was using customer money meant for 65nm parts to secretly fund the Monarch's 28nm NRE costs.  It would explain why ordering parts was so god damn slow.  I'm not familiar with NRE costs.

If the Monarch actually launches on time, it is a gigantic kick in the teeth to 65nm customers.  Make their 65nm customers wait forever, then screw them over even further by launching their own 28nm hashing farm.

Nope, unless the designers were supposed to be spending time stuffing boxes and answering emails

Yep, the money could have been used to outsource (parts of?) the units assembly and to make sure everything gets shipped out before October 2013. Instead of that they went for the obvious 28nm money grab attempt and some people are still taking that already rotting bait.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 12:32:55 AM

Avalon did pretty much the same thing...
Not even close...
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 12:44:59 AM

Yep, and you can expect that late December delivery, too (courtesy of a bearded fat old man in red costume with white fur trim + hat on reindeer propelled flying sled)

Vires in numeris
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:28:38 AM

Yep, and you can expect that late December delivery, too (courtesy of a bearded fat old man in red costume with white fur trim + hat on reindeer propelled flying sled)

Only those fortunate few that ordered first,MAY recieve them by December/January..............otherwise I would expect late 1st quarter as the earliest.They have NOT learned a damn thing about delivering on time IMO  Roll Eyes

600GH @ $4680,will be profitable for sometime,BUT when will you get them,THAT is the question.....................in the meantime your money is locked in & you ain't hashin  Tongue

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:40:57 AM

The more important questions are "Who cares ?" and "Why does anyone continue to support Butterfly Labs ?"

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:33:34 PM

It doesn't matter what the real reason was/is.

What does matter is that the company's behavior was completely out of line with ethical and just about all regulatory statutes that you can think of.

And, they're still doing it with the Monarch.

Why anybody would still literally GIVE money to BFL is beyond me.

Full disclosure: Yes, I was a nOOb a while back, and gave money to BFL, and I'm still waiting for my Jalepeno order.

Not anymore.
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:48:29 PM

Arg - I managed to get my money back from them.  I tried cloud mining and haven't looked back.  Check out the signature.

Try it!  If you paid by credit card/paypal, you can get it back as well.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
sgrunger

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:28:16 PM

ButterflyLabs is run my a convicted fraudster Sonny Vleisides and the company's behavior reflects that of crooks - they took in millions in pre-orders and only started shipping en masse once the miners never ROI. They will keep on doing what they do, selling stuff that is not out yet, have customers pay for their R&D and tooling costs, build machines for their OWN mining purposes, and then ship to customers once the hardware becomes obselete and hope customers don't ask for refunds.

Source about fraud conviction : https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/radDocs/PressRoom/nr110114.htm
high110

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:10:42 PM

Well...you can get one of these for 3k off ebay right now.  But would you? Even if they said it ships in Jan/Feb?

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:37:34 PM

Well...you can get one of these for 3k off ebay right now.  But would you? Even if they said it ships in Jan/Feb?

I thought eBay forbids selling preorders. If you spot such an auction, report it to eBay.

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
high110

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:29:33 PM

I thought eBay forbids selling preorders. If you spot such an auction, report it to eBay.

Lol...but I wanted to buy it... 3k seemed like a deal until I saw cointerra...2 THS for 6k sounds a bit better for same window - Jan/Feb.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:41:00 PM

Only those fortunate few that ordered first,MAY recieve them by December/January..............otherwise I would expect late 1st quarter as the earliest.They have NOT learned a damn thing about delivering on time IMO  Roll Eyes

600GH @ $4680,will be profitable for sometime,BUT when will you get them,THAT is the question.....................in the meantime your money is locked in & you ain't hashin  Tongue

What still no Monarch?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:57:45 PM

What still no Monarch?
Once again, Bickfailski, the necro king, strikes.  Must be sad to have no life other than searching for old threads to revive with the same nonsense.  What's even worse is that he lost he old mantra (What, no Monarch hashing?) and now has to be even lamer.  Spondoolies must pay him well to bash the competition.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:29:43 AM

What still no Monarch?
Once again, Bickfailski, the necro king, strikes.  Must be sad to have no life other than searching for old threads to revive with the same nonsense.  What's even worse is that he lost he old mantra (What, no Monarch hashing?) and now has to be even lamer.  Spondoolies must pay him well to bash the competition.

What is sad is that you followed your girlfriend into this thread just to bash her.  Get a room you two.

BTW he's right about BFL not delivering in Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:47:58 PM

Sort of like how Butterfly Labs pays you well to bash the competition and astroturf these forums ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: