Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:06:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New In Town...  (Read 405 times)
bmoconno (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 08:07:04 PM

...is a great comedy special from John Mulaney.

Also, I'm new here, so obviously I decided to post in the newbie section a "Hello World" post that will mostly never be read (except by other people who can't post on the forum yet, and possibly by moderators to ensure that I'm a real person... with feelings... and hopes... and dreams.).  I understand the need for new forum members to undergo this process of first having a legitimate post, then waiting a few hours before being able to do anything significant on the board... but I don't have to like it!

A bit about me:  I'm a guy and I like computers.  This basically means I'm a freshly falling snowflake (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake#Uniqueness), and totally unlike the rest of you.  I've been mining LTC for nearly a year on the WeMineLTC pool, and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  I was, for a while, a primary contributor on their forum when people experienced problems or needed technical assistance with cgminer and their mining hardware.

Why I'm here:  I always felt like I "missed the bus" when it came to mining BTC (I've bought lots of BTC as an investment and to help show support for crypto-currencies.), but now that I have a collection of LTC rigs up and running I decided that I'd like to add some USB BTC miners to my systems.  I like that they have very minimal power consumption and that they are fairly cheap.  I know that I won't get rich, or probably even break even, with a small collection of USB miners... but I believe in the future of crypto, so I'll just keep holding onto whatever I produce and see how it goes.

Why are you still reading this:  Honestly, you probably aren't.  If you are, I'd like to reward you with a joke that you'd probably recognize from a certain TV show.

What did one Snowman say to the other Snowman?  Smells like carrots...

Anyways, thanks for you time and if you're reading this from a mobile device I'm sorry for wasting a bit of your data package.

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
Bit_Bullion

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 08:28:32 PM

Right on mate!

I can relate although I haven't even set up my mini Pi mining rig yet, so no advice is good advice from me at this stage   Grin

However, I can return the joke reward...

Why did the baker have smelly hands? Because he kneaded a poo.

uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 09:16:11 PM

welcome to the forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: