Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:09:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does cryptsy have a "delisting" process?  (Read 1737 times)
St.Bit

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 12:04:07 AM

I'd suggest that they be delisted, so cryptsy can list better and active coins for trades. This is also in the best interests of cryptsy.
I don't think so.

Cryptsy is the place where you could buy most if not every crypto with a marketcap bigger than imagination. It's their niche to trade a lot of alternative coins and helps the altcoin community. Their prices f.e. are used to calculate the marketcaps. Removing a coin wouldn't benefit many noticable but'd upset a lot of people.

Sign a message and get some YAC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300152.0
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:31:11 AM

HYC, CNC, CRC, NAN, GIL Markets will be closing on OCT 1st.
TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:48:45 AM

HYC, CNC, CRC, NAN, GIL Markets will be closing on OCT 1st.
Delisting is a good idea. What are your criteria, though? Average Volume, maybe?
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:50:27 AM

Its more the strength of the network and the DEV support and of course volume plays a part.
claycoins

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:57:24 AM

There are at least another 10 coins that are abandoned and low network hashrate.  I hope you have a more stringent listing process too so that crap is not just replaced with crap.

mkbit88

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 08:33:46 AM

some new and great coins can not be traded there because of the limitations of the resources (servers, disks, memory etc).

Is hardware/bandwidth/etc limitations really that great? I don't imagine a trade pair that doesn't have much volume would actually take up that many resources. If I am wrong, please explain!

It would be nice if there was a market health stat. Im not sure exactly which variables would be factored in but i'm sure something could be made that helps indicate which markets are actually trading and sustainable.
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:32:33 AM

Is hardware/bandwidth/etc limitations really that great? I don't imagine a trade pair that doesn't have much volume would actually take up that many resources. If I am wrong, please explain!

As an example, I'm currently running 24 altcoin daemons. Collectively they are consuming 5.5GB worth of RAM (one client is gobbling up 1.7GB of that!) and about 33% constant load equivalent of one CPU core. Peer to peer traffic is a little harder to work out, but it's going to be at least 200-300GB per month. So it does add up.
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:57:16 PM

NMC, NVC & TRC don't deserve to be on any de-listed list anywhere once listed. Nor do others unless their values fall far too low to be worthy of an Exchanges services. You must be joking!  NMC, NVC & TRC are major contenders and to request their de-listing is not even remotely proper, nor prudent.

Patience will be rewarded. Many are far too impatient.

Only Prudent Regulations are sensible. Not self serving ones.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Let the Real Free market work. Otherwise the alternative is this: Meet the New Bosses, Same as the Old Bosses.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Decentralized. Real Competition. True Free Marketplace.

Not Controlled for self serving types that demand Power & Control over all others including their competition.

By all means flame away. I for one don't care what flamers say or do, nor do I care about them in the least. This place is full of those types, but they wont win in the end.

Lastly, this isn't an attack. But a wake up call! I hope you understand that. If not your it's your loss.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: