Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:15:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost BTC question  (Read 642 times)
thejaxx (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 11:05:55 PM

So I originally started messing around with mining back in Aug. My comps all have radeon cards and found that I could mine with them and keep my office warm at the same time.

Anyways, I had set up a wallet at blockchain using my Asus TF300 tablet. And it gave me the wallet address and all. Not knowing anything better, I used that to receive a payment and then come to find out I had NO way to log into the account.

I emailed the support and they were absolutely no help. Almost insultingly idiotic to be exact. Sad They said it was user error. I redid the steps and come to find out, their app for the Android did not work properly on the tablet. They said not their problem and i'm SOL.

The address is 1DBy61ACVmPh9sSM8EZGHGzQWukhKzL6AS and transactions can be seen here: http://blockchain.info/tx-index/0e122a8111469a01d22e750f3e2c1c5e399e18fac3902bd71e86998bd3eb2728

Now it's only 0.01BTC, but I'm a poor newbie and would LOVE if I could get that transferred to my fixed and working wallet.

Any suggestions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 11:13:38 PM

I'm just reading https://blockchain.info/wallet/new

Don't Forget Your Password!

WARNING: Forgotten passwords are UNRECOVERABLE and will results in LOSS of ALL of your bitcoins!

and

https://blockchain.info/wallet/login

Lost Identifier or Alias

If you have lost your wallet identifier first check the confirmation email you received during sign up. Can't find the email? Click the button below and we can send you a new one.
thejaxx (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 11:32:54 PM

Problem was I signed up using the app on my tablet. It did not ask for an email. It had me create a password and a pin.

As I create strong alpha-numeric-symbol passwords, I put it down in my passbook. I even logged into a few times and then the password stopped working. When I went to the site I was confronted with the identifier, which I never got, nor did I ever get a password.

So as I said, their app has issues, why it did not ask for an email, only thing I can think of is it was using your google account, but did not pull the email correctly.

I JUST went through the steps again and if need be, I will take screenshots to show what it does each step. But I now have another account created with NO email attached to it and the app does not allow me to modify the account on the TF300.
marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:09:21 AM

If you do not have access to the wallet (knowing the private key, or being able to log in to a wallet that knows the private key), there is no way on earth you can ever use the bitcoins ever.

If you don't know the private key, you don't own the bitcoins. So, if you use an online wallet, you trust them to let you use it, and if you can't log in, you are fucked up.

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███