Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:59:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does a Bounty Manager? Any tips?  (Read 448 times)
xtin-tin (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:49:39 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 06:04:37 PM by xtin-tin

Hey everyone. I just wanna ask what actually a bounty manager do?
Can you tell us how it works and tips on how to be an effective bounty manager?

◣   Stake.com   ◥
«  Stake 2 - Play Smarter  »
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:27:21 PM

Hey everyone. I just wanna ask some tips on to be or what actually a bounty manager do?
Can you tell us how it works ortips to be an effective Bounty Manager?

Most likely you will have to post that you offer your service as bounty manager in the service section of this forum. As their name states they manage bounty campaigns. So they are the ones who check that other users completed the task correctly and that they fulfilled all the requirements. Bounties are simply a way for ICOs to try to create a buzz about them by offering you their tokens.

So you will have to have some knowledge regarding google docs, how to create sheets and google forms to enable users to apply and see where they stand. For some parts of the campaign you can even write some small bot a script that will do the job and thus simply fill the sheets if you want to cut down the work you have to do. But let's say signature campaigns for instance require you to skim through posts and ensure that your participants are not spamming etc.

Best would be to go to bounty section and try to see how other managers and doing their job. 
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:29:05 PM

Hey everyone. I just wanna ask some tips on to be or what actually a bounty manager do?

The mark of a good manager, regardless of what field he is in lies in his ability to come up with ideas quickly and efficiently translate his ideas into meaningful sentences that make complete grammatical sense. In other words, you need an impeccable control over the key languages that you speak so you can first understand what each project asks from you and then effectively communicate that with the workers under you.
If you are going to manage a campaign that deals with the Chinese community, then your command over Chinese languages like Mandarin, Shanghainese, Hakka, Tibeto-Burman etc should be unquestionable.

This is the main job of any manager. Effectively communicate the organisation's goal from upstairs to all the people at ground-level.

By the looks of it, you do not have a good command over English, which is a prerequisite for any Crypto-Campaign-Manager.

I wouldn't want to. Essentially if I did so, it would be equivalent to training my own competition. But I will give you certain general tips that are more or less based on common sense.

> Make a list of what YOU can bring to the table that others cannot.
> Ask yourself if you are a good negotiator. You need to be able to convince people of what you want them to do despite them not wanting to.
> Ask yourself if you are a patient listener, so you can understand what the project owners are asking of you.
> Last but not least, you need to be an organised person. After all your organisational skills is what would actually land you a 'manager' job.

PS: You also need to be able to give an eloquent explanation about something without ever explaining it at all.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
bratko99

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:30:38 PM

I don't think someone will trust a jr member or something.
Since, almost all bounty managers are like hero/leg.

I might be wrong. Even if you get a job as a bounty manager, it isn't easy at all.
Tons of submissions... Social media, blogs and more.

AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:05:35 PM

To see effective manager of this forum. You can check about the Yahoo62278's campaign management thread. Then you will be able to understand how and what are all you need to perform to get the project and manage it.
Please check the thread below.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1704638.0

I see Wapintar, Hexah, needformoney and jamal. These people only manage the bounty campaigns. Still these people need to study more from sir yahoo. You have long time to go.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:59:56 AM

What i have acquired by study through the whole forum is that both the bounty and signature campaign managers have a lot of work difference, managing social media bounties like twitter, facebook needs to interpret on various tasks, although signature campaign managers have only to be conscientiously obidient fulfilling single spreadsheet,howevee procedure is same in both managements but rewads might be differ
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:22:55 AM

What i have acquired by study through the whole forum is that both the bounty and signature campaign managers have a lot of work difference, managing social media bounties like twitter, facebook needs to interpret on various tasks, although signature campaign managers have only to be conscientiously obidient fulfilling single spreadsheet,howevee procedure is same in both managements but rewads might be differ
But I believe it is hard work, especially in altcoins promotion when there are hundreds of participants, and thousands in social media campaigns. Some managers use bots, but I think the hardest part is the dealing with users and their complaints.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:02:14 PM
Merited by Happiest (2)

I might be wrong. Even if you get a job as a bounty manager, it isn't easy at all.
Sounds like you are discouraging him. If the guy is good at his job and is genuine, then been a jr.member bounty manager has nothing to do with it. I believe one has to start from someone before been judged and i guess most of all the top bounty manger started small.  And you should also know that not all bounty managers are hero or legendary members, you should take your time to check and confirm this.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:03:06 PM

Sounds like you are discouraging him. If the guy is good at his job and is genuine, then been a jr.member bounty manager has nothing to do with it. I believe one has to start from someone before been judged and i guess most of all the top bounty manger started small.  And you should also know that not all bounty managers are hero or legendary members, you should take your time to check and confirm this.
yeah you are right,the rank is not that much important the skill is much important but you need to make more attention if you want to become a bounty manager.I saw a guy who named Aventhe(I think but not sure) managing bounty and signature campaigns as well but he is member rank only but he is making good contribution to the forum and gain reputation then become manager in the early stage as well so if you have talent you can become one of them.
Anait

Activity: 218
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:15:18 PM

From my understanding they will be hired by the developer community to promote their projects for certain pay. They find the right person through the post qualities and hire for specific time period. It can be months or weeks, based on the campaign.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:06:15 AM

Same as always checking stuff and making sure the participants all have the right support and appropriate qualities to make sure your campaign goes well. Then strictly make sure you pay the participants as quickly as possible if not then kindly apologize for the delayed deal. Im not sure if i can really tip some good stuff on becoming a good bounty manager just you know explore things and eventually you'll get it.
Nfp

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:00:41 AM

Being a good bounty manager needs a lot of knowledge about on this field and the capability to lead all of the participants to be able to give a good outcome to the project that you leaded. And you should have an enough time to monitor all your participants if they really suport the project and you also need to be strict when it comes to your rules to be able to obey all of your wishes.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:34:19 AM

A bounty manager creates the campaign thread and manages it. He gives people tasks like tweeting about the thing the manager is promoting (ICO, crypto based project, a gambling site) and checks if the task was performed as requested. Then he pays them or messages the business owner or an escrow holder to do it depending on how the campaign was organized.
terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:32:08 AM

Bounty managers are responsible to give a good run for the company's campaign held on forum. Their job is to check posts, monitor participants and make sure that the funds are safe which can be done by having an escrow too.
To be an effective manager, you'll be tested by time and experience. There are too many annoyance along your way and you have to endure it.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

dvabit

Activity: 294
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:55:52 AM

As a bounty manager i manage all the work on excel sheet and manage the work done by other people report and manage team. to know more about me visist http://www.dailyvirtualassistants.com/
Happiest

Activity: 206
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:28:42 PM

Sounds like you are discouraging him. If the guy is good at his job and is genuine, then been a jr.member bounty manager has nothing to do with it. I believe one has to start from someone before been judged and i guess most of all the top bounty manger started small.  And you should also know that not all bounty managers are hero or legendary members, you should take your time to check and confirm this.
On point!  What does he mean 'No one can trust a Jr.Member bounty managers' for all I know, there are huge tendencies that a Jr.Member bounty manager might perform better than a Hero or Leg. With that his comment, he will just discourage the poor guy. i bet the famous bounty managers like Luptin, Yahoo and so started out little and now famous here. All that are required are skills and dedication. OP, if you have got what it takes; take the bull by the horn.
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:17:05 AM

A bounty manager is supposed to run a bounty campaign and its members and he is supposed to check the quality of the work and the amount of work performed, if he is also an escrow then the manager manages the funds of the campaign and pays the participants, there are many great managers in the forum and you can look at their threads and look for inspiration.
TheNamesHankFuckface

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:18:49 AM

You should do some bounties to gain experience. Then you will see what does Bounty Manager do.
Paractor

Activity: 274
Merit: 133

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:56:23 AM

A bounty manager hires people who want to participate in the program they are managing for
receives payment amounts from the owner of the company that they are managing their bounty for
distributes those who joined in the program on the specified dates given to receive those payments of the bounty
and then notifies all those participants that the bounty is over and closes the program for the owner who paid them.

Pretty straight forward workload if you ask me. Wink

Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:03:44 PM

Bounty managers work very hard. They need to mange the spreadsheet and all details about the participants details would be organized in one place. That should be done by manger of it. Bounty manager who done all the things for this.
If anyone leaves the campaign he need to monitor closely and update it all the time.
Need to check the thread all the time and update the details from the project an payment details as well.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: