Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:07:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO scam!!  (Read 596 times)
Ebenezer559

Activity: 401
Merit: 10

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 01:25:30 PM

There is alot of ico scam now adays someone have to be very careful. Do your research well before you join any project.
L A R A

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:00:06 PM

I also had to meet some ICO Scam shortly after ICO finished dev immediately disappeared without any news at all, but now I know how to choose a good ICO and avoid SCAM.
Here is how :
Choose an ICO project in collaboration with AmaZix, as I have often joined ICO projects in collaboration with AmaZix and all have great success without SCAM Wink

if you want to know more what is AmaZix you can visit : http://www.AmaZix.com
hashkonofficial

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:39:27 PM

ICO scam is becoming very common now....So to sort out the legit ICOs is a very difficult task...Look for the team which is operating an ICO...the team must be responsive... then the whitepaper....then the reviews about it...All this only I can say...
AndreyBitTalk

Activity: 251

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:52:17 PM

I know in a month about 5 projects Scam,but iceotope basically all projects are gaining cap,and no Scam
Topher65g

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:00:07 PM

They advertise and promote coin "1" as the ICO and wait for people to bite in. They usually spend months or even years doing this. When they get enough investment theyll create/mine coin "2" on their own and just leave people out of the air. They usually provide a very promising timeline or schedule(mostly short term until the ICO) but if you look hard enough on their whitepaper you should well see enough that they are scammy. This is only my own understanding and observation.
hamdun

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:00:52 PM

How do people actually get scammed after an ICO sale? Let's say i've gone through the company's website, whitepapers and github source codes. I have decided to invest for some of their tokens. Is there a way i scammed after all this? Share your thoughts.  Smiley

Not all ico is good, but there are also ico that fail and only fraud, their tokens are not included in the exchange. Be careful of investing in ico, first study their project, and then you can to invest in their ico.
imperatron

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:05:03 PM

After all you can still get scammed, because you dont know what the team is doing and if it is trustable. There is always a risk that you get scammed, you should watch out for some solid projects with solid team members behind it. If you can find some great information about the team you should be fine!
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:12:36 PM

How do people actually get scammed after an ICO sale? Let's say i've gone through the company's website, whitepapers and github source codes. I have decided to invest for some of their tokens. Is there a way i scammed after all this? Share your thoughts.  Smiley
There are different scenarios which will determine if you got scammed by these greedy developers which normally occurs in a real life scammers when it comes to some investments programs or businesses, they get scammed by the devs when they abandoned the project after the ICO sale taking away the investors money without any sign or trace brutal right? some of them cloak themselves with a legit looking ICO's, they will show that they have a pretty good team, always responsive and helpful to their clients, the project looks neat and good, they have a good system for their advertisement then finally got successful with their crowdsale, able to release their coins on exchanges then suddenly dumps their coins when the time is ripe vanish from the thin air, there are tons of gimmicks and events when people got scammed from these ICO's.

maiden

Activity: 457
Merit: 11

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:20:07 PM

There is, so to avoid that matter, you must investigate about that ico, about everything you have to learn, like their background and if that ico has a chance of being success after it launched. check the community who support that ico and decide for yourself if its good or not.

adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:20:24 PM

In fact, scammers are everywhere, and everywhere there is a risk. There are really a lot of projects now and we need to be careful when choosing them. I saw the news that in Russia they create rules of regulation when creating a project, which would protect investors. Perhaps this will be an example for other countries in which projects are also being created.

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:16:32 AM

Always double check if the site/mail/person is the real one.
Not even being able to find any of the team online is what amuses me. In fact, some of them go as far as opening a fake LinkedIn profile with one huge fake position they have occupied over the years and some fake pictures, and the account was opened just few weeks back. Seriously ? I cannot remember the exact project, but these guys lied about the team and office address and luckily one of the community members who lives around here ended up finding out. That is the extent at which some of them ends up going, which is why my main target has always been the team, and once I am okay with that, I can start asking other relevant questions.
Mr. Thang

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:25:11 AM

In fact, scammers are everywhere, and everywhere there is a risk. There are really a lot of projects now and we need to be careful when choosing them. I saw the news that in Russia they create rules of regulation when creating a project, which would protect investors. Perhaps this will be an example for other countries in which projects are also being created.

Yes, it’s true that regulations are now being made because there have been many scams and people get victimized. The governments would want to avoid these scams from floroushing within the country so they become stricter when it comes to ICO. Some would want to avoid it altogether so I heard that there are countries that ban ICOs or plan on banning it in the future. If there is better regulation for ICOs this may be actually avoided.

Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 05:59:33 AM

As stated, there are many ways to scam people during ICO period. Some scammers look very professional that you see their project as investible. They actually market their scam ICO very well to make you invest in it.

Let me share with you an article that explains one of the most recent scam projects, Benebit and how they scam their investors.

https://medium.com/@Descrow/the-organizers-of-the-scam-project-benebit-have-disappeared-with-2-7-mln-ba0ef4fb440b

I had joined their bounty campaign to promote their project, and guess what? I got nothing!
Now the most common fraud among the ICO companies is not to pay the participants of the campaign the generosity of the tokens they have earned. To do this, after the ICO campaign is completed, they begin to demand that they pass the procedure for claiming their earned tokens and at the same time come up with such multi-pass options, switching from one page to another, which sometimes turns out to be impossible technically. Another method of fraud is the requirement after ICO to conduct a KYC check for something, requiring identification data and copies of passports and if the signatory does not agree to provide such data and copies of passports, they simply do not pay the earned tokens and these tokens are assigned.
Angelia46

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:05:11 AM

If the ICO gtihub code keep update of the project, then you don't need to worry about too much, 99% of the projects are excellent, not deceive people, remember that open source code is the most important point.

steins19

Activity: 275
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:06:58 AM

There are many scam coins in the market which disrupts the good image of crypto. This should be stop in order to support the security of the investors and traders.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
Deancooel1

Activity: 151

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:21:40 AM

I do not know if ICO did a scam, but to anticipate it we should read the whitepaper and its roadmap thoroughly. may we all never be deceived when investing ICO
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:25:18 AM

I think so. Scammers nowadays have also made their quality a bit higher to legitimately compete with those projects that are truly legitimate. That is why telling which one is truly legitimate and which one is just wearing some masks is getting really hard to do. However, more or less, after reviewing everything thoroughly, you are removing a large portion of the risks involved. Of course, you cannot make your decision risk-free but at least you are investing in something that passed your screening. 
A_Z_Z_A

Activity: 62
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:27:36 AM

There are many criterias to look at, and even after analyzing deeply there is no guarantee that you will not get scammed by devs. As for me, I don't believe youtube, steemit, medium and other social media bloggers because they are interested in creating videos in order they participate in various bounty-campaigns and get stakes from them. I wanna write such article after testing my conception in several ICOs
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:40:39 AM

there are many ways as ICOs are usually investments in very early phase of the companies, some of them have literally nothing to show for their work. Therefore some of them simply won't deliver and scam their investors.
Exactly, most ICOs do not even have any product, and all they have to show is some website and whitepapers and I wonder why people fall for that. I feel the most important thing they always end up missing out like the OP did not mention, is basically the team.

I leave all the other things on one side, and I focus more on the team, their past achievements, how good I feel they can deliver and that is where I make my decisions before going ahead with the whitepaper and some other things I really need to dig further on the project.
tramadols

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:43:44 AM

you should check it first before actually investing your money. there is much you can do to become a learning and research material. as a whole you have to learn it, and see what ico is potentially future and technological. it is all important to be considered and evaluated

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: