Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:00:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Round 3: Assuming HashFast ships extra MPP chips, should we raise funds to build or buy a bare Rig for extra Golden Nonce chips?
Yes
No, let's sell the extra chips and split the profit

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED]R3/R4: Extended HF FLASH SALE PRICING! 2 HF Sierras, At-Cost+Host, PAID  (Read 16191 times)
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 04:47:01 PM

I'll go for 20 shares, BTC, fiat, or whatever combination you prefer, your choice.  PM me, please, so we can set up the payment arrangements.....  

Given the current rate of network hashrate increases, and the probablility of KNC delivering in the next two weeks, along with a second round of Bitfury stuff in the next 5 weeks, my vote(s) (once you sell me some shares.) would be for the MPP...

Excellent! Ok I have you voted as 20 votes for the MPP option with a promise of up to 2-4X our out of box hashrate.

Only 22 shares remaining out of 100!

Thank you and welcome aboard!

I promise you that you won't be disappointed, at least about the performance of this GB Coordinator in matters related to defending your interests and rights.

Thanks DZ - glad to be onboard.

I'm getting the feeling that this will soon be the only way for non-corporate miners to go in the very near future.  I mean think about it - I haven't really figured out how I'm actually going to be able to manage and run 8 Jupiters and some additional Saturns in my house without running power cords all around to different circuits - and leaving the windows open all winter to keep them cool....  

Heh...

Ha! I must be speaking to someone else that drank the BTC Kool Aid they were giving out.  Cheesy  Wink

I also agree about this being the only way to keep up w/ net. difficulty if you're not made of money or Bitcoin.

Payment details were updated in post 2 or 3. Thanks! Please only send BTC from addresses that you control. Also, try not to send BTC to anyone when you're tired or sleepy. My 2 satoshis.

==

1 more vote for MPP. 21 votes for MPP, 30 more votes required for majority win.
Hey! I paid for those 2 shares at 3 am leave me alone Sad

Also thomas- if we have time... 2nd sierra?
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:37:48 PM

I'll go for 20 shares, BTC, fiat, or whatever combination you prefer, your choice.  PM me, please, so we can set up the payment arrangements.....  

Given the current rate of network hashrate increases, and the probablility of KNC delivering in the next two weeks, along with a second round of Bitfury stuff in the next 5 weeks, my vote(s) (once you sell me some shares.) would be for the MPP...

Excellent! Ok I have you voted as 20 votes for the MPP option with a promise of up to 2-4X our out of box hashrate.

Only 22 shares remaining out of 100!

Thank you and welcome aboard!

I promise you that you won't be disappointed, at least about the performance of this GB Coordinator in matters related to defending your interests and rights.

Thanks DZ - glad to be onboard.

I'm getting the feeling that this will soon be the only way for non-corporate miners to go in the very near future.  I mean think about it - I haven't really figured out how I'm actually going to be able to manage and run 8 Jupiters and some additional Saturns in my house without running power cords all around to different circuits - and leaving the windows open all winter to keep them cool....  

Heh...

Ha! I must be speaking to someone else that drank the BTC Kool Aid they were giving out.  Cheesy  Wink

I also agree about this being the only way to keep up w/ net. difficulty if you're not made of money or Bitcoin.

Payment details were updated in post 2 or 3. Thanks! Please only send BTC from addresses that you control. Also, try not to send BTC to anyone when you're tired or sleepy. My 2 satoshis.

==

1 more vote for MPP. 21 votes for MPP, 30 more votes required for majority win.
Hey! I paid for those 2 shares at 3 am leave me alone Sad

Also thomas- if we have time... 2nd sierra?

He had to go to work so I'm stepping up to help; another nice thing of having two GBCs co-ordinate the same thread (as long as they're on the same page (or at least the same chapter in the same book  Wink )).

Hmm, darnit Bob. I was hoping to enjoy my Sunday & watch men smash into each other at high speed. But since my team doesn't play till Monday night anyway...

Alright, since R3's $12K GB sold out in 12 hours & you have that massive host facility in Missouri that need ASIC space heaters for the winter:

Looks like R4 is OPEN!

R4 *will* initially be a $6,000 1.2TH/s+ Sierra Batch2 expected to be delivered on Dec.1.
There's no MPP, I repeat there's no MPP with this R4.

Since bobsag3's the troublemaker that started R4 on my nice peaceful Sunday, he and I have the first 2 share reservations, 1 ea. to start. Guess I'm off to ebay to see if I can round up some folks via the ebay/PayPal route since we're short on time.

================

98 at-cost shares available at $69 each!

- Est. Hashrate: 12-15GH/s per share. No MPP.
- 2.75% Host/Management fee at a Professional Colocation Facility in Missouri (likely backup sites in NY or Ohio). Lowest Fees around.

If there's an outcry among R4 shareholders for HashFast MPP at an additional cost ($115 per share), still at-cost,
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:48:10 PM

I plead the 5th. Ill send you the payment for my share when I get home. Also just my personal vote to get it with MPP.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:34:11 PM

I plead the 5th. Ill send you the payment for my share when I get home. Also just my personal vote to get it with MPP.

Bob, we're short on time. I'm locking it in at $69 a share for R4 until further notice. I'm already juggling 3 current GBs at the moment, my man.

We'll look at upgrading the share price *after* we've secured a $6K order for R4.  You or thomas_s. can float the ebay shares for R4 if necessary since I'm already still floating 7 or more shares in R2.  Grin

===

And since you're kolohe, or a rascal, here's the ebay listing I just put up for 10 shares (hope this link works, can someone confirm?):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131000224503
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:38:53 PM

Round 3 NEWS:

Need to confirm in a bit but 20 shares PAID by -Redacted-! Thank you and officially: Welcome Aboard!

Plus, 2 shares paid by bobsag3, plus I already have funds on hand for my 3 shares for R3 at mcxNOW.

25 shares paid for in R3 already and thomas_s. to pay for 51, so that's 76 shares off the bat paid or to be paid by GBCs for Round 3.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:45:40 PM

Figured it was just better to get them paid and out of the way. Smiley  I wouldn't mind picking up a few backup shares for the first two GB rounds if any shake loose.  Feel free to PM me if anything comes up....
thomas_s

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:52:45 PM

Lol...this thread keeps escalating quickly lol

I get home and were getting a second sierra? I'm down I think.
thomas_s

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:56:46 PM

Bob, we're short on time. I'm locking it in at $69 a share for R4 until further notice. I'm already juggling 3 current GBs at the moment, my man.

We'll look at upgrading the share price *after* we've secured a $6K order for R4.  You or thomas_s. can float the ebay shares for R4 if necessary since I'm already still floating 7 or more shares in R2.  Grin

===

And since you're kolohe, or a rascal, here's the ebay listing I just put up for 10 shares (hope this link works, can someone confirm?):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131000224503
Uhmm the link works but I didn't know the sierra's came with a kitty cat.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:11:53 PM

Nah, mate, that's my g'luck charm!

That's Butter's the cat, an indoor/outdoor cat that's just the coolest lil cat. He's the family baby that just curls up in a ball & purrs if you cuddle him.

He's a Kauai native that brings cockroaches and small reptiles (newts, geckos, salamanders) into the house to torture/play with.

===

I'm going to take a break & straighten out the ownership of all the GBs. Hope to straighten out spreadsheets in all 4 GBs & eat some lunch, so I may be offline a few hours. Please take the wheel, Thomas.

A gentleman has contacted me to buy 2 of my R1 HF GB shares so that I can apply the BTC to this R4 GB. If so, I'll be in for 3 or 4 more shares.

Thomas, any shares you want to claim on this R4? No MPP, but it looks like it doesn't need it, from what we can tell w/ best projections.
thomas_s

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:15:12 PM

Nah, mate, that's my g'luck charm!

That's Butter's the cat, an indoor/outdoor cat that's just the coolest lil cat. He's the family baby that just curls up in a ball & purrs if you cuddle him.

He's a Kauai native that brings cockroaches and small reptiles (newts, geckos, salamanders) into the house to torture/play with.

===

I'm going to take a break & straighten out the ownership of all the GBs. Hope to straighten out spreadsheets in all 4 GBs & eat some lunch, so I may be offline a few hours.

A gentleman has contacted me to buy 2 of my R1 GB shares so that I can apply the BTC to this R4 GB. If so, I'll be in for 3 or 4 more shares.

Thomas, any shares you want to claim on this R4? No MPP, but it looks like it doesn't need it, from what we can tell w/ best projections.
I'll take 1 or 2, maybe more gotta factor out how much BTC I'll have left over.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:16:19 PM

Ok, just put me down for 3 more. You want to update the thread using the same color format?

Thanks!

94 shares avail. Please send anon. reserve PMs to thomas_s. , por favor.

==

Hmm, the groms are finally sick of their ipads & TV, & want to finally go to the beach. Imagine that.

I may be gone longer than a coupla hours. Sorry, that spreadsheet update will have to wait but no worries, y'all have PM exchanges w/me for your payments/ownerships, etc..
thomas_s

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:23:20 PM

Ok, just put me down for 3 more. You want to update the thread using the same color format?

Thanks!

==

Hmm, the groms are finally sick of their ipads & TV, & want to finally go to the beach. Imagine that.

I may be gone longer than a coupla hours. Sorry, that spreadsheet update will have to wait but no worries, y'all have PM exchanges w/me for your payments/ownerships, etc..

To speed things up you can send PM's to me I am a GBC of this GB, it'll free up DZ's time so he can tend to other things.

Send Reserve requests / questions to me.
For reserve requests I just need to know how many you would like to reserve and if you want to be anon or posted publicly.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:25:52 PM

Thanks!

==

To speed things up you can send PM's to me I am a GBC of this GB, it'll free up DZ's time so he can tend to other things.

Send Reserve requests / questions to me.
For reserve requests I just need to know how many you would like to reserve and if you want to be anon or posted publicly.

Yup, that's correct! Nice to be able to tag team and have access to more funds/BTC for these flash projects. BBL gents!

These shares are only $69 each, at cost for something that projects as actually blue on TGB...just sayin'...
-Redacted-

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:29:54 PM

DZ HF R1 GB, 2 shares, red@ct.  

Picking up two shares of the R1 GB from DZ @ $155.

http://blockchain.info/tx/cd9484dbcfc5c3c0aa920df81f5b7e96a8fd63a23af4105124ed616317e375cf
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:05:54 PM

Im glad DZ Is better at speadsheets than I am.
This is why he does what he does, and I run the power cables. And make sure my cats dont light any of the machines on fire. Things like that.
-Redacted-

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:20:21 AM

You have room down there to host 6 or so Jupiters in a week or so?  If so, how much?
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:34:09 AM

You have room down there to host 6 or so Jupiters in a week or so?  If so, how much?
I have 2400sqft, with 95kw peak demand capacity.
Answer your question?
shoot me a PM, and Ill send you my number so we can talk.
tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 02:06:39 AM

I have 2400sqft, with 95kw peak demand capacity.
Answer your question?
shoot me a PM, and Ill send you my number so we can talk.
Have you considered putting in a backup generator?  That way we dont have to worry about ups backup but I dont know if it would be worth the cost.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:35:50 AM

Re: Bob's 120A generator.

My understanding from talking w/ Bob is that it's meant for longer outages, hence the need for our own local battery backup & voltage regulation. That's why there's a minimal price built into the share price for Battery/Backup performance. From the homework I asked Thomas to do, it came out to about $1K+ for us to have 1 to 1.5 hours of backup power which would've added almost 10% to the share price for a $11K GB. I already knew that but I wanted him to learn on his own.  Wink

That's partly why he can offer true professional colocation services at the world's lowest costs. If you were running an industrial rig by yourself, do you only want 2-4 min. backup from a $100-150 UPS? By all of us ganging together for UPS/Battery costs, we all get much better value by getting more battery power per dollar spent, thanks to our greater purchasing power & access to better equipment/values.

==

Back from the beach. Dinner w/ the fam in a bit & then I'll be working thru PMs in a bit. Please be patient w/ me & Thomas. I heard back from John S.; he says he's *not* easy to piss off and wasn't sure what I was talking about. Nice to hear that at least one of the heads of marketing of these new mfgs. has thicker skin then what we've seen so far w/ unnamed Gen1 ASIC mfgs.

I was thinking that w/ such short notice for payment on this flash sale, if necessary, we'll try to secure 2 purchases but at the very least we'll secure 1 $6K Sierra (depending on what funds we have avail. by 9PM HST Monday night). If R4 stalls, we'll put everything we have into getting R3's Sierra secured at $6K but pref. at $10K.

My understanding from PMs I've received from those that soft reserved shares is that they want to take advantage of the Flash Sale but can't pay until Tues/Wed.

Some buyers may not be able to get payments in by Monday night. I'll talk to John S. on our behalf & see what I can work out as far as slightly late payments for secured pre-orders.

Looks like we have more reservations when I update numbers. Be back in a little bit.
amer

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:50:55 AM

Hi,
I'm considering purchasing some shares in the GB - I see that the price is $69/share, but I have a few questions:

* the payment address is a BTC address. I'm trying to calculate out the total pricing, but it would help to know how many BTC you consider $69 to be? Or do you accept USD as a payment method?

* If HashFast is unable to deliver at all, does the 1.5% restocking fee for refunds apply?

* I see that there are 26 people involved in the management of this - is this a formal company with another purpose as well? This question is really more geared towards what is the exposure if a few people decide they want to retire from this - who's left?

* Can we visit the equipment if we're in the area?

* What happens if the machine is damaged and considered outside warranty?

* I see the projection is resale in 7 months. If BTC/USD exchange rates increase so that it is still profitable to hang onto the equipment, is the existing hosting arrangement prepared for a "long haul"?

* Will there be any written agreement documenting the co-op?

Thanks for answering my questions - just trying to accept any risk here! Sorry in advance if any are dumb questions.

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: