Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:08:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Round 3: Assuming HashFast ships extra MPP chips, should we raise funds to build or buy a bare Rig for extra Golden Nonce chips?
Yes
No, let's sell the extra chips and split the profit

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED]R3/R4: Extended HF FLASH SALE PRICING! 2 HF Sierras, At-Cost+Host, PAID  (Read 16181 times)
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:56:39 AM

Hi,
I'm considering purchasing some shares in the GB - I see that the price is $69/share, but I have a few questions:

* the payment address is a BTC address. I'm trying to calculate out the total pricing, but it would help to know how many BTC you consider $69 to be? Or do you accept USD as a payment method?

* If HashFast is unable to deliver at all, does the 1.5% restocking fee for refunds apply?

* I see that there are 26 people involved in the management of this - is this a formal company with another purpose as well? This question is really more geared towards what is the exposure if a few people decide they want to retire from this - who's left?

* Can we visit the equipment if we're in the area?

* What happens if the machine is damaged and considered outside warranty?

* I see the projection is resale in 7 months. If BTC/USD exchange rates increase so that it is still profitable to hang onto the equipment, is the existing hosting arrangement prepared for a "long haul"?

* Will there be any written agreement documenting the co-op?

Thanks for answering my questions - just trying to accept any risk here! Sorry in advance if any are dumb questions.
1) we will be using bitstamp on this GB to calculate conversion as that is what hashfast uses.
2) we believe hashfast will be able to deliver however this question would need to be answered by DZ as he is dealing with the monetary side, (I thought he posted it tho)
3) Each GB that is run here by DZ is like a democracy, everything is voted on and the decision is made based on majority ruling.
4) This would be a question for the host (right now I think the only person that has requested the hosting / received any votes is bobsag3)
5) From what I've read the warranty is 10 days from defects, if it can be fixed (we would have to vote on weather fixing it would be more cost effective, we would be able to sell it to someone who'd want to fix it most likely)
6) See #3.
7) Everything documenting this GB is in this topic, I'm sure if there is a request we can make all the information into a pdf.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:11:00 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 05:46:04 AM by corather

Reserved for 1 share. PM me with details. I'd prefer to pay in BTC. Looks like I'll have to paypal you the money. Can't get the BTC in time.

tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 05:23:02 AM

DZ,

Regarding the battery backup, it doesn't seem worth it to me to get 1.5 +/- hrs for 1k at all.  I don't know how ofter then power goes out where Bobs location is but I would say I have a power outage once every 2 years or so.  

So here's the logic I'm using.  Lets say the power goes out 3 times for 1.5 hrs or more during the life of this rig.  That's 4.5 hrs of hashing for 1k so unless btc prices go crazy and the network slows down considerably it's not worth it.

I say get the one that will keep it up for 20-30 mins to cover quick outages and brown outs. If the power goes out longer then that we take a hit.  Seems like a waist to throw a grand at a backup that's only going to keep it going for an extra hour.  
Of course I don't know how reliable your power grid is there.  If we can expect that it will go out many many times then hell ya it's worth it.

Thoughts?

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
thomas_s

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:26:37 AM

DZ,

Regarding the battery backup, it doesn't seem worth it to me to get 1.5 +/- hrs for 1k at all.  I don't know how ofter then power goes out where Bobs location is but I would say I have a power outage once every 2 years or so.  

So here's the logic I'm using.  Lets say the power goes out 3 times for 1.5 hrs or more during the life of this rig.  That's 4.5 hrs of hashing for 1k so unless btc prices go crazy and the network slows down considerably it's not worth it.

I say get the one that will keep it up for 20-30 mins to cover quick outages and brown outs. If the power goes out longer then that we take a hit.  Seems like a waist to throw a grand at a backup that's only going to keep it going for an extra hour.  
Of course I don't know how reliable your power grid is there.  If we can expect that it will go out many many times then hell ya it's worth it.

Thoughts?
This is exactly the reason we didn't decide to put a 1k unit into the price, but a smaller one to cover a small outage / brown out, but if the group wants to pay for a 1k unit, then that is the majority decision we will.

If we do decide to use bobsag3 this is the link to his hosting service topic that goes into some more details of what his service offers
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=288012.0

bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:06:38 AM

DZ,

Thoughts?
This is exactly the reason we didn't decide to put a 1k unit into the price, but a smaller one to cover a small outage / brown out, but if the group wants to pay for a 1k unit, then that is the majority decision we will.

If we do decide to use bobsag3 this is the link to his hosting service topic that goes into some more details of what his service offers
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=288012.0

If a power outage is going to be a serious issue at my location, I have a temp location with almost as much power and cooling that I can use for 1-4 days max. Much cheaper than a generator.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:28:40 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 07:32:42 PM by DyslexicZombei

Not sure if you heard the news but your good deal was rewarded almost 50% by my co-GBC thomas_s. who was touched by what you did.

He bought you a R3 share worth $115 (12-15GH/s up to 48-60GH/s if 4x MPP kicks in) for you being so nice & did the same for the R1 gent I sent your donation to. He also said he's never seen such behavior in a GB before, so: thank you!  Smiley

Take care!
DZ

Wow! please say thank you very much to thomas_s, am very honored and humbled by his actions. In return, I will donate the 50% hashrate to Mr. DZ's chosen charity, while keeping the other 50%. The other 50% will be donated to my chosen XXXXX charity (Tzu Chi and White Cross).

I always keep this quote in my life by E. Burke: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I know I cant change the world. But at least if my time is up, I did something right.  Smiley

Thank you again too Mr. DZ, you opened the goodness in this bitcoin community.

Regards,

XXXXXXX

===

I just stopped by to say I was back on the case but someone keeps cutting onions next to me. Cry

The exchange above was prompted by actions taken in R2, and R3 & R4 of this co-operative's community fundraising.

For those that don't have the background info for what XXXXXX was talking about: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=274055.msg3206423#msg3206423

Thank you gentlemen. I'm donating half a share of R1 GB to this same person you already donated to. Since our anon. hero passed on half of *his* donation that's essentially a full share spread in 2 HF GBs, one a Baby Jet, the other a Sierra.

It looks like about $310 $400 worth of BTC has been donated in the R3/R4 thread and R2 thread in the form of BTC and outright ownership of HashfFast GB shares!

Amazing! I'm thankful and happy to be a conduit for this goodwill. This is *not* a solicitation. Please don't PM us for donations. It was simply 4 acts of random kindness. Not to toot our horn: This is over and above what any other co-operative has done on these forums for complete strangers, as best as I can tell.

BTW, for those wondering how the heck this co-operative works out: yes, we vote on *all* major decisions.

I've set up a separate thread just for the R1 gents so that I make sure their needs aren't being overlooked (our 3rd R1 vote: To Overclock or not Overclock our Baby Jet hosted in NY? If so, how much should we overclock?).

========

I'm an amateur historian fascinated by the changes going on around us and happy to actually participate at what history will still likely see as the groundfloor of Cryptocurrency's eventual integration and takeover of many aspects of our society and economy.

I'm also a humanist in every sense of the word feeling a sense of kinship with, oh just about 99%+ of humanity. I try to run my co-operative in the same fashion, trying to include everyone and value their unique opinions, insights, and strengths. I listed all those occupations above not to show who's running the co-op- Answer: as admins: me and jungle_dave, as a co-op: ALL of us. This shows the diversity of opinion and thought in this co-op, and our strengths as a group.

BTW for those w/ an IT background: feel free to volunteer for a 3rd co-admin for anyone w/ a share in a miner; we're a mesh network, the more redundancy, the better IMO

===

OK, I'm going back to the IT caves doing GB work behind the scenes that helps to keep ownership of shares/accounting/wallets for payouts/payment confirmations are 100% correct. [UPDATE: I'm CC'ing thomas_s so that both of our records are correct about anon. shares and wallet addresses for R3/R4.]

It takes time to make sure we're absolutely correct about the GB ownership and payments/payouts. If you PMed me, I'll update the PMed reservations sent to me shortly. I'm still catching up on PMs so I should be contacting you shortly if you messaged me. Again: please, *no* donations are being solicited *or* expected.

Thank you. It's an honor to serve you all and to be a service to you all.

DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:40:11 AM

Back to the business at hand: corather reserved a share and others need to be added up from PMs. For now:

93 shares available.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:50:56 AM

Updated Post 1 & 2 editing to make R4 description and payment section more clear with better editing.

Updated Payment info in Post 2. TL;DR: Payments aren't due until 75 reservations are filled for Round 4, if we're fortunate to get that far.

Ok, back to catching up on Personal Messages.

15 Hours left for payment on both R3 *and* R4. [That or ordering 1 or 2 units, partial payment, and stalling a day or so, ehehe]
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:49:19 AM

2) we believe hashfast will be able to deliver however this question would need to be answered by DZ as he is dealing with the monetary side, (I thought he posted it tho)

In most Group Buys there's some sort of restock fee. The seller expects to be compensated for all the behind the work scenes even if the darn thing failed 5 months later. It's tons of work behind the scenes to keep these things humming and to even succeed in a single GB on this forum in the first place. If it was easy, we'd have many more members trying to launch GBs.

With that in mind, one of the services I offer is coaching & mentoring to new GBCs like thomas_s

I've waived my usual 0.1% Pre-paid Pre-Planning fee for in-depth planning for those ambitious enough to attempt their first GB here to get R3/R4 off the ground & to help out thomas_s

Back to refunds: Mass Refunds are usually handled on a case by case basis WRT to the GB, from I've noticed. Since I'm an advocate for both Buyers *and* Sellers, and since I believe in karma, so rest assured:

In this at-cost co-operative, there's no 1.5% restock fee if the majority of the group (in each respective Round) vote for a mfg. refund.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:21:59 AM

Stall tactics on your behalf.  Grin PM to John S. at HashFast:

"HI John,

I was hoping to call you tomorrow morning about 7:15AM HST. I think that's about 10:15AM PST.

I def. have 1 Sierra sold - we pre-sold 100 shares for the MPP Sierra in less than 12 hours. I have part of a Round 4 HashFast non-MPP Sierra GB reserved as well, so we'll see how that goes and we hope to buy a 2nd one before the deadline.

The reason I want to call is that: even though the sale ends tmrw night at midnight, about a quarter to a third of the funds are in transit via Coinbase for a major shareowner in Round 3. Tomorrow night before your deadline: I was hoping that our at-cost co-operative could pay 50% of the MPP Sierra, and 50% of a non-MPP Sierra to secure availability for both of them to the GB forum.

I'm about 100% positive we can pay the balance for both of them by the end of the business week as I already have over 10% interest for a non-MPP Sierra even after that 12 hour sellout of the Sierra yesterday (which is really fast for the GB forum). This Flash Sale almost stands out like a sore thumb as far as ROI compared to current options.

Thanks,
XXXXXXXX
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:48:31 AM

2 more shares reserved!

Also a couple of ebay inquires. Hopefully, some more shares are sold on ebay again for HashFast shares (sold 4 HF shares on ebay last month).

91 shares available on this non-MPP $6K 1200GH/s+ (likely 1500GH/s) Sierra miner that needs to have an order in within 13.25 hours.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:51:11 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 09:28:30 AM by DyslexicZombei

Registering tripppn's reservation for 1 share.

90 shares left!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:04:00 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 09:37:43 AM by DyslexicZombei

Reddit mention of thomas_s and the anonymous hero's awesomeness:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1my62l/true_story_i_tried_to_raise_19k_in_3_days_for_2/

Thomas, you're Reddit Bitcoin famous now, FWIW.  Because no good deed should go unpunished. Cheesy

Heading to bed. Hopefully R4 takes off, if not: at least we have 100% have a Sierra to be ordered & paid tomorrow night for R3. I will pull funds from my R2 buyout of Order 616 & my mcxNOW account to make sure of it, if we're a little short. Also, we'll see what John S. at HF says about 50% secured Flash Sale Sierras. Cross your fingers.

As for the R2 funds I use for R3/R4, if necessary: I can always replenish what I use for R2 intended shares via Coinbase for my own use.

Spreadsheet updates to follow tomorrow. I'm sure y'all would rather I work my okole off doing work then making ASCII code spreadsheets look purty (as long as the info's all up to date & correct in my other records).
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:33:32 AM

Ok, I'm really heading to bed. (Ha, I keep saying that on my threads) but I had to share this from the donation recipient from R1:

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: DyslexicZombei on: September 21, 2013, 06:07:51 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete
I'm still around, and that is my deposit address. Been fighting off a bad kidney infection through the last half of august and the first half of september. Feeling much better now, but as I live in XXXX, kinda feel like I missed 1/3 of the summer, as fall is definitely here.

But enough with the unpleasant nature of physical existence, and onto the brighter note of bitcoin in general and the inherent goodness of people in specific! I was very touched by the thought that a fellow bitcoin convert a half a world away, who I've never met nor will meet, would be kind enough to think of me. This is why I love bitcoin and the principles and people behind it! It's been a rough few weeks, and finding this random spark of human kindness in my inbox made my whole month.

Mahalo to you, and Mahalo nui loa to the anonymous donor!
- from the anon. donor from my R1 GB.

==

FWIW, the kidney infection is NOT the disability but more of a complication of the major underlying disability.
thomas_s

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:38:00 PM

2 Shares reserved for one of my previous customers
-Redacted-

Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:42:06 PM

So, if you can get within 10 shares of closing this out on time, I'll take those last 10...
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:35:01 PM

By my count thats 88 shares left
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:44:09 PM

I can't get to PMs this morning. I'll have to address them this afternoon. My apologies.

However...big news! I just talked to John at HF.

I've secured *TWO* Sierras at Flash Sale with payment due this Friday. We need to pay 50% (his exact words: "send whatever you have") for both units (1 MPP, 1 Non-MPP) with payment due at the end of the business week.

Great news! Thx to your GBC's diligent efforts: We don't have as much pressure to reserve all 90 shares today for Sierra #2!

==

With that said, I'll hold -Redacted- to what he said about 10 shares to move things along. To compensate, buying won't open for R4 until we hit 85 shares reserved. BTW, R3's payments are still in movement from co-op members. R3 order's secure; we just don't have all the funds quite yet (but most of 'em).

So: 78 shares available! And we have till Friday to pay for the balance of both R3 & R4!

====

All 4 spreadsheets for all 4 of my active GBs will be updated tonight.

Also: tidbit you won't anywhere else - John S. needs to confirm w/ eng. team but even a Pi w/ enough powered USB ports should be enough to control a rack of Sierras.

He's marketing; not 100% sure, but he says any cheap 1RU server (or even Pi) should be able run a rack of Sierras as long as one has enough USB ports with enough oomph (that's a technical term).
-Redacted-

Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:47:28 PM

With that said, I'll hold -Redacted- to what he said about 10 shares to move things along. To compensate, buying won't open for R4 until we hit 85 shares reserved. BTW, R3's payments are still in movement from co-op members. R3 order's secure; we just don't have all the funds quite yet (but most of 'em).

Oh - like that's fair - you're going to give it an entire extra week on the GB just to get me to cough up for another ten shares....  Smiley

Offer still stands, with THIS COMING FRIDAY as the deadline to get the other 90 shares in place....   Wink
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:13:03 PM

Oh - like that's fair - you're going to give it an entire extra week on the GB just to get me to cough up for another ten shares....  Smiley

Offer still stands, with THIS COMING FRIDAY as the deadline to get the other 90 shares in place....   Wink

Thanks! Hey, at least I moved it up to 85 shares reserved before sales start.  Wink  Grin

If we get to 85 shares, I'm guessing the last 15 will vanish soon after, the way these things go. ...And since I took the extra step of calling John this Monday Morning to stall on full payments for 2 Sierras, this appears to be the only place *anywhere* you can lock in Flash Sale pricing that ends tonight, all the way through this Friday.

...still digging ditches and carrying water, for y'all. I'll add more details of my 12.5 minute call with the head of HashFast marketing this morning, including stuff that's not available in any other thread or news site.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: