Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:59:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Vs Bitcoin  (Read 460 times)
hashkonofficial (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:05:54 PM

Are there more Ethereum users compared to Bitcoin users.. From values I can find online it seems there might be more Ether wallets compared to Bitcoin wallets.
what are your suggestions?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:22:05 PM

I believe that is true. However, there are some things that need to be taken into consideration. First of all, Bitcoin is more scarce. Second, there are many ERC20 wallets with almost none to none Ethereum in them as people are collecting ERC20 tokens. However, that doesn't mean that Ethereum is stronger. Bitcoin is still more recognized (still a synonym for cryptocurrencies for many), better scaling (Ethereum network was down because of the game Cryptokitties), more adopted.

However, the power and potential of Ethereum is without saying - great.

auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:31:55 PM

We also can not lie because more users of ETH wallet than BTC wallet. However, from a general point of view, Bitcoin and Ethereum differ in purpose. While Bitcoin is created as an alternative to regular money and is thus a medium of payment transaction and store of value, Ethereum is developed as a platform which facilitates peer-to-peer contracts and applications via its own currency vehicle.
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:46:27 PM

ethereum is the best choice, because bitcoin price is very far from the initial price and the price is very expensive so we need big capital, therefore I choose ethereum because the price is still cheaper than bitcoin price, so we need more small capital if invest in ethereum.

hamdun

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:47:24 PM

Are there more Ethereum users compared to Bitcoin users.. From values I can find online it seems there might be more Ether wallets compared to Bitcoin wallets.

I think more bitcoin users than ethereum, ethereum wallet is more, but the number of wallets do not specify the contents. Bitcoin is more popular than ethereum, it will make people prefer bitcoin for investment.
D-Fault

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:02:36 PM

Didn't you think that Bitcoin wallets just more useful so you can easily use one good wallet and Ethereum wallets has it pros and cons so some people have to choose different wallets?
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:11:56 PM

I am ethereum user because I can't send erc20 tokens without it. If I could send them without paying fee with ethereum I would have never bought eth. My final goal is to have bitcoins and not ethereum, and there is reason why users have to choose more than one wallet - decentralized exchanges and phishing scams. It is not smart to enter private key with all funds in decentralized exchange(remember ED hack).
With bitcoin is much easier, you basically need one wallet with one address and that's it.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:16:44 PM

At the same time ethereum users are bitcoin users too. Because they are using both of crypto currencies based on their needs. Ethereum working on the different section than bitcoin. It's about the future technology to provide good infrastructure and development of decentralized asset and system. Bitcoin is focusing on the become an actual payment system. both just like apple and orange.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
owlman

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:26:08 PM

I believe that you do not need to compare them, although a large amount has been created for your topic. Bitcoin and ETH have already achieved great popularity and have been recognized by users, while they have different purposes and their technologies.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
fhl182

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:27:08 PM

Ethereum can be replaced by new projects like EOS. Ethereum single point of sale is smart contracts, and a lot of projects aim to this tech these days. Bitcoin, in other hand, has first mover advantage and immune to forks, copycats, fee problems, etc. I'm not sure ethereum can survive big competition like bitcoin did.
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:33:27 PM

Of course this is subjective but I think I agreed there are more Ethereum wallets than Bitcoin, the price of BTC has gone up that most people can not afford to own one, but because of the price of Ethereum is relatively cheaper than BTC, so most people prefer to go for Ether
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 03:38:55 PM

Both coins are good but ethereum has more potential of rise due to its connection with ERC20 tokens. My first preference goes to ethereum rather than bitcoin.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:39:32 PM

I think more bitcoin users than ethereum, ethereum wallet is more, but the number of wallets do not specify the contents. Bitcoin is more popular than ethereum, it will make people prefer bitcoin for investment.
that's correct, one of the reasons why ETH got more wallet generated than bitcoin if the stat is correct because of the existence of the smart contracts and ICO's making the platform flexible to the developers, investors and typical users who play with the wallets on the other hand I believe bitcoin has more users compare to ethereum actual wallet holders cause one people can generate hundreds of wallet on a single day plus the adaptation and support of bitcoin is widely used throughout the globe.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2135

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 03:41:10 PM

I think many new crypto users came from mining hype, and that's because of ETH
They usually start with nicehash -> BTC
And then mine directly -> ETH
I would say BTC users pretty much the same as ETH users

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:04:05 PM

I certainly chose Ethereum versus Bitcoin. Of course we all know ethereum is very good and potentially big ethereum price will rise this year 2018. Therefore I chose ethereum versus bitcoin.
cryptamod

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:08:40 PM

Ethereum's network has the most transactions in the whole cryptocurrency community it has 40% of the total transactions in the whole network of cryptocurrency which make ethereum the most commonly used currency in the market,bitcoin's  transaction price would be the reason why people are using ethereum over bitcoin,because eth has faster confirmation speed and less fees than bitcoins.

So yes,ethereum is being use more often than bitcoin.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
kiji

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:23:20 PM

3 mains reasons for that imo.
Bitcoin is the star of crypto, it is the beginning of everything but nowadays, you can't really use it. Sending bitcoin to buy altcoins in an exchange for example cost you too much, fees are really high.
Eth wallets allow you to receive Erc20 tokens. The majority of ICOs rewards you by giving you Erc20 tokens that's why you need to have an Eth wallet. If you don't have one, you can't participate to bounties.
And the last, bitcoin worths a lot. (10700$)  whereas Ethereum worths 844$. I think people prefers buying cheaper coins hoping it will rise. Like that, you have more chance to make huge profits.(x2,x3...)
clonely

Activity: 490

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:27:20 PM

I think Ethereum will race with Bitcoin before this year end. And we will see 0.5 in few months. But it is my think, you do your research before buy.

kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:30:04 PM

THere are more ether wallet than bitcoin because etherwallet is much use on the bounty Cheesy
it is better to use ethereum in investment too as it has smaller fee and faster transaction than bitcoin.
Ethereum is for transactions and bitcoin is for holding.
COINISM0001

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:32:12 PM

IMHO Both are same for me. I remember ETH network being choked and TXs taking 6-7 hours to go through. So Scalability at mass is not doable for both. Much faster coins such as XRP, GRS has more provision to grow.

But LTC is much better than BTC and ETH in the big 3

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: