Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:13:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Untitled life  (Read 592 times)
xsfgsdrwe (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:04:18 PM

How did you figure out what you were going to do with your life?

I need help!

I'm 26 and haven't figured out anything. When I was 12 I thought I knew it all, when I was 16 I knew I knew it all. Now ten years later all I know is I know nothing.

I somewhere down the road lost vision of what I wanted to do with my life. Now I sit here and feel completely lost without a clue on what to do. I sit here and think if I had a million dollars what would I do with it? I can't come up with a thing besides using it to earn more money. Is money the only thing to live for? Is that everyone's dream? I feel like I need more.

I look at the life's around me and don't envy any of them. I must not of been exposed to my dream because it seems like this world has nothing offer. The best word I can describe myself is lost. First off I would never kill myself, but is it strange that I wouldn't mind dying?

I guess I'm looking for guidance from someone that has felt this way before.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anon135246

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:05:02 PM

Find something you enjoy doing/ you are good at and make it your job.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:05:37 PM

Do you have a gf?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:07:40 PM

Trapt - Still Frame

"A small reflection on when we were younger
We had it all figured out 'cause we had everything covered
Now were older its getting harder to see
What this future will hold for us, what the fuck are we going to be?"
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 07:09:04 PM

Study economic history like I did, then you'll have an understanding of how the world really works Wink still probably going to be unemployed though lol Tongue but seriously Bitcoin is an emerging market you should get a skillset for, as long as you get a skillset people will pay for you'll do fine.
xsfgsdrwe (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:10:18 PM

Do you have a gf?

That's the whole thing right there. I've been with here for 5 years and she wants to start a family. I look at all the families around me and don't see the point really.

None of there lives are the brady bunch. Half the kids hate their parents anyway.

I wish I could explain how I feel about it better online. It's like I'm fine with how they live and if it works for them great. It just doesn't seem like life. You go to a 9-5 come home and rest, every once in awhile you travel and take a vacation. Is that life? I feel like there should be more I guess.
xsfgsdrwe (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:12:57 PM

Study economic history like I did, then you'll have an understanding of how the world really works Wink still probably going to be unemployed though lol Tongue but seriously Bitcoin is an emerging market you should get a skillset for, as long as you get a skillset people will pay for you'll do fine.

It's not the money. I have my bills paid, not a huge mansion but I live comfortable. What will making money from bitcoin bring me? More money? What does that matter?

See what I'm saying? I know I can't explain myself well so bare with me.
Anon135246

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:13:13 PM

Do you have a gf?

That's the whole thing right there. I've been with here for 5 years and she wants to start a family. I look at all the families around me and don't see the point really.

None of there lives are the brady bunch. Half the kids hate their parents anyway.

I wish I could explain how I feel about it better online. It's like I'm fine with how they live and if it works for them great. It just doesn't seem like life. You go to a 9-5 come home and rest, every once in awhile you travel and take a vacation. Is that life? I feel like there should be more I guess.

Look for a different job. You spend 40+ hours a week doing your job, so make sure you enjoy doing it.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:13:20 PM

Find something you're truly passionate about. I know that might not be an easy thing to do, but I truly believe that is key to attaining happiness. Money isn't necessary to be happy whatsoever. In fact, I give a good amount of mine to research foundations, and live a little more frugally than I have to. I think it'd be a shame to have the only thing you look forward to be the weekend and your paycheck. That's not true happiness, no; that's being sucked into the terrible thing we have come to name the "workforce".

Find something you love, and do it, regardless of the financial aspect. There's always a way to be passionate about your life, it's just a matter of standing up and finding it. Forget about money, (although debatably necessary) it just fuels greed and corruption.

That's my rant for the day. Have a good life, and best of luck to you!

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:14:02 PM

Do you have a gf?

That's what I'm going to try to avoid. I think I'll be miserable when I work 9-5 everyday. I'm around your age, highly educated and single so I have some ideas to avoid that scenario.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 07:14:52 PM

It's not the money. I have my bills paid, not a huge mansion but I live comfortable. What will making money from bitcoin bring me? More money? What does that matter?

Hell, just sounds like you're bored of life, time to go and learn something new or save up and try some mad capitalist venture Tongue I'd say you're pretty damn lucky if your in a position to be bored right now with the way things are.
xsfgsdrwe (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:17:35 PM

Hell, just sounds like you're bored of life, time to go and learn something new Tongue

That's what I've been thinking. I feel this world doesn't offer what I desire or feel I need. It is selfish but am I suppose to live for someone else?

I just don't see what the future could bring that would make me truly happy.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:19:37 PM

Everyone feels this way at some point in their life.

My advice is to read "Do what you love and the money will follow" by Marsha Sinitar.

The first thing to figure out is who you are and what you believe that is much easier said then done.

The next thing to do is to work at becoming the best at what you love doing. Do not worry about what it pays just focus on becoming as good as you can be at what you love doing.

Many people say they dont like doing anything when asked that question. I have never met a person who didnt enjoy doing something.

xsfgsdrwe (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:25:30 PM

The majority of responses involve money. Does that make you happy? Is it the statues you feel you have when you have a pocket full of hundreds? Is it the fact knowing you can go out and purchase something? I don't see what makes people happy.

Another thing I hear is "find something you love". Well what do you love? Do you love going to the beach and watching the ocean? Is that what you live your life for?

That's probably the root of my problem. I don't feel passionate about anything to enjoy living.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:35:00 PM

I like money too, but what you have to ask is what is money? It is a representation of your efforts that other people value. So what can you do that other people value that you value too?

If you where passionate about hanging out at the beach then you could become the most knowledgeable at spending time at the beach. The people I know that do that for are living a surfers, life guards, marine biologist, commercial fisherman, and coast guard and many others but that is off the top of my head.

I think what you really mean is that you love bumming around that is fine but i like going out to a nice diner more than bumming. So there are trade offs  
xsfgsdrwe (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:38:12 PM

I like money too, but what you have to ask is what is money? It is a representation of your efforts that other people value. So what can you do that other people value that you value too?

If you where passionate about hanging out at the beach then you could become the most knowledgeable at spending time at the beach. The people I know that do that for are living a surfers, life guards, marine biologist, commercial fisherman, and coast guard and many others but that is off the top of my head.

I think what you really mean is that you love bumming around that is fine but i like going out to a nice diner more than bumming. So there are trade offs  

Can you come up with something that you love enough to live for?

Bjork

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:38:27 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 10:10:27 PM by Bjork

Find a couple interesting hobbies.  Obviously you should enjoy/tolerate your job, but it is your "time-off" that you seem to be getting bored with.

Try: Brewing, gardening (can garden indoor if you don't have a yard), bake your own bread/get really into cooking, glassblowing, shooting skeet, bee-keeping, camping, fishing, geocaching, disk-golf, video games, biking, basketball, smoking cigars,  learn a language, read books, etc...

find something you are passionate about, or can become passionate about!

edit: one more thing, start lifting weights!  Getting obsessed with weights/running made me a lot happier when I first started many years ago.  If anything it made me too tired to be bored.

makebitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:50:57 AM

I partly understand. The more I learn, the more I realize I know nothing.
You could spend a life time learning about one subject.
Heck, you could spend a lifetime learning about one author.
You don't know what to do with your life at this time but realize if you keep your eyes open that you will find something to do.
You hit a wall. It happens. I'm willing to bet that this happens for at least 40% of all people who reach the age of 30-50.
The more you think about it, the more you get caught in being depressed and worrying.
The best you can do is get out of the house and start looking for opportunities.
Meeting new people is the best thing you can do. This can be hard  if you are insecure like me but if you go out
and visit places you will meet new people. Listen to them. It is easy to talk about your own hobbies and interests.
Ask about what they are doing with your life and probably they will give you a new perspective on life.
You said you could only use your money to create more money. Seriously dude, what fun is this?
Yes you will become richer and richer but if you aren't going to spend any of it why make the money in the first place?
Your life goal will be reduced to reaching a virtual high score. Some people thrive on this shit and feel great about working on that number.
Most people that focus on that shit become depressed as fuck. You need to exchange a certain % of your money for experiences or you will die unhappy.
Take a vacation, race a go-kart, get a haircut, some nice clothes and take a girl to dinner. Buy flowers for your mom. If your dad has a hobby buy some
fucking gadget he can use to work on his hobby. If you aren't going to spend money on yourself at least do it on others. You will feel better about yourself and what you are doing with your life and it will actually motivate you to earn more money but at least for the good reasons and not just to pump up your own ego.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: