Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:05:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LitePay Card for LiteCoin?  (Read 177 times)
denis-z12 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:35:02 PM

Let me begin by saying 2 things:

1. I didnt create this thread to spread FUD, fear or any other negativity so please take that into account before attacking me that I am!
2. I own a certain amount of Litecoin and would love for it to skyrocket as much as the next guy.

As many probably know LitePay has announced that on FEB 26 their LitePay service will be launched. Everyone who has their card will be able to send/receive LiteCoin payments. This sound great! The price of LiteCoin goes up about 30-35% in the following days.

But something about LitePay is bothering me.
The look of their website and its content doesn't look very serious to me, take a look for yourself
https://www.litepay.us/

It offers very little information. The site doesn't mention partnerships with banks, clients, the team behind the project, advisors, experts...
On the top of the page you can read their official DOCS by clicking on the DOCS button but up until a few days ago there was no content there whatsoever. Now they added the very basic information in the last few days.
https://www.litepay.us/docs/what-is-litecoin.html

The only link to a social media is a twitter link at the bottom of their site. Their twitter profile was created on 23 December 2017! They only have 2 tweets on their profile, last one on 13 February saying:
We started because the people asked @Bitpay to accept LTC. They wouldn’t, so we took the challenge. Infrastructure for LTC February 26 🚀#PayWithLitecoin #LitePay

The Official LiteCoin twitter offers very little information about Litepay on their Twitter profile. A few times they have retweeted what others have said about LitePay or LitePay tweets, but officially from LiteCoin there have been no tweets. Dont you think this is weird? Would it not be in their interest to talk about this as much as possible and promote LitePay on their sites?

Personally it doesnt look like LitePay is a serious company who I would trust with my money.
What is your opinion on Litepay?

The information below was written by another btc user who says:

After a 30 mins investigation of the company behind the domain everything leads to suspicious websites and marketing agencies. The site uses 1and1 shared hosting with 3000 other websites so this cant be legit.

I think we should be able to talk about this objectively. Like I said above, I have no intention to spread FUD or fear but this is merely a warning and my observation. For the sake of Litecoin (which I own personally) I hope that I am wrong and that on the 26th FEB this service will result in LiteCoin skyrocketing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:06:54 AM

Litepay is claiming you can spend your litecoins in dollars via a VISA card. I don't see how this is possible after VISA severed their ties with pre-paid bitcoin cards.

Perhaps the card is mastercard instead - but there is nothing on the website which says it is.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
tbalazs

Activity: 126
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:41:39 AM

As far as I see it will be a mastercard, cross fingers for the whole thing to actually make it happen...

DGTX Airdrop // Crypto exchange without commission  (https://digitexfutures.com/join-waitlist?kid=15JQ42/)
denis-z12 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:52:00 PM

Litepay is claiming you can spend your litecoins in dollars via a VISA card. I don't see how this is possible after VISA severed their ties with pre-paid bitcoin cards.

Perhaps the card is mastercard instead - but there is nothing on the website which says it is.
I guess we will see tomorrow. I just find the lack of official information and statements extremely unusual. I know that If I had a service like that I would be marketing it as much as possible. I hope I am wrong though and that tomorrow is a start of good things to come!
denis-z12 (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:52:42 PM

6 Hours ago, LitePay tweeted this:

Who's excited?! The launch of Litepay will be one giant leap for #Litecoin. Ask your favorite merchants to start allowing you to #PayWithLitecoin today!

That is the first official tweet I see coming directly from LiteCoin regarding LitePay. Finally something official  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: