Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:47:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW HACKERS HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 133 times)
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 04:01:48 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2020, 04:22:21 AM by edsnowangel

HOW HACKERS HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
THE DEPTH OF HUMAN VULNERABILITY

Ok good  day to all of you fellas,amigos and amigas it's me again EdSnowAngel as what you can remember that our last topic is HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLEET

now today we will talk about what are the methods used by hackers to steal you crypto wallet account inclined with the past topic I did.

1.PHISHING

What is phishing? it was a kind of attack where an attacker will lure a victim or person to login in a certain website that was forge by him/her. at first it was look like as the legitimate website from its logos and images and functions but the funny thing is it was a fake website if you careful enough you will look for the url bar let say the legitimate site was www.bitcoinwallet.com then the fake site was www.bitcoinwallet.co see the little difference is the letter m  if you are not careful enough to look for the link provided in the url bar you will fall to it's trap then say goodbye to you wallet so question? HOW TO PREVENT IT? easy as Don't open links from malicious emails
and always check for the green lock in the url bar.

2.MAN IN THE  MIDDLE ATTACK or MITM

The good thing in this is that this method can't be implemented if you are not on the same network for example same wifi network or computer cafe.As what I said on my post to prevent hackers to hack your crypto wallet is to not to trust public wifi man in the middle attack is kind of phishing but with more advantage the attacker will just make you redirect all traffic to http site example the real site has the green lock and the word https://  then once your under MITM the url will be always go like withouth the green lock and just using the word http://then if you login to tha unsecured site all your input information on any of the form will be forwarded to the attacker perhaps you got hacked!!
how to avoid??

1.use an updated google chrome
2.install an internet antivirus.
3.do not make transaction with your btc wallet in public networks such as free wifi or internet cafe.

3.BRUTEFORCING

Bruteforcing is kind of method where the attacker will attempt many time to login with you account username with random password generated on the app they called cruch(kali linux basic password generating tool) if the attacker will know your email or username then he or she can do this by guessing your password from his or her password dictionary. this kind a long method to do takes a lot of time to finished.

how to stop or prevent?

1.do not give your username or email to untrusted person or individuals.
2.always turn on your 2FA incase you got hacked there will be and extra layer of security

So therefor this are the 3 most common method I know that hackers use to hack you crypto wallet if you have a question pleas don't hesitate to ask in the thread and if you know other things please comment it down.

and if you found it helpful to those who are in the higher ranks please merit it up thanks.

SPREAD AWARENESS HACKERS ARE ALWAYS THERE

EDSNOWANGLE

sd
rahilmed

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:08:20 PM

Its Good information i will be safe , i think wallet not be hacked by seeds BruteForce its not possible
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 04:15:26 PM

Its Good information i will be safe , i think wallet not be hacked by seeds BruteForce its not possible

It can be hack if you are:
1. Using a wallet that's same as coin.ph  or coinbase.com
Where it was an online wallet and users has no control with their PK
2.if your 2FA is not enabled

I just try out to hack my coins.ph account and it works more and more methods hackers use and the keep getting smarter and smarter and better

sd
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 04:28:57 PM

Most of the hacking attempts are taking place using phishing, especially using Punycode domains. So even if you are looking at the address bar you find everything normal as Punycode domain name looks exactly similar like the genuine domain name. Thus one should always check the genuine website while typing as well as through virus point of view because in the cases like desktop phishing attacks one can redirect the genuine domain to any phishing Punycode domain name.

PunyCode Domain Detection : I haven't used this extension but it seems that it might prove beneficial while detecting such attacks.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 08:09:10 PM

Most of the hacking attempts are taking place using phishing, especially using Punycode domains. So even if you are looking at the address bar you find everything normal as Punycode domain name looks exactly similar like the genuine domain name. Thus one should always check the genuine website while typing as well as through virus point of view because in the cases like desktop phishing attacks one can redirect the genuine domain to any phishing Punycode domain name.

PunyCode Domain Detection : I haven't used this extension but it seems that it might prove beneficial while detecting such attacks.

Good one thanks for your help

sd
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: