Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:50:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: forgot info  (Read 98 times)
hawky (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:44:10 PM

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help.
I have lost all my info concerning my coin account. I am not very computer literate. Anyhow i had a laptop stolen tht had all my info on it. I cant even remember what site i was using. I bought coins in 2010. in 2013 i got new computer to mine with and successfully connected to site to mine. however the software is very advanced i believe browser based mining i started in 2013. no wallett shows up on my computer however there is a poker chip sound every now and then signalling that mining is taking place. Any ideas on how to locate the site again that my computer is still mining? Also it may help but when i bought the coins i needed a drivers license. I understand not many sellers in 2009 were requiring id. seems like i remember that they were one of the first browser mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hawky (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:14:16 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 07:32:15 PM by hawky

so am i just coming offf as crazy or is any of this familiar to any

so i believe that i bought in 2009 or10 from a man and woman team in the business???
i don't think there were too many at that time but if i remember right they went on and own one of the larger sites today and were one of the first to do browser mining

from what i have gathered only a handful of people pushing coin at the time were requiring valid id's
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:55:58 PM

i bought the coins i needed a drivers license
its probably bigger website, first of, i would search all your email accounts for email from 2009-2013 with word Bitcoin in it or registration
you would need to verify ur account through email when creating one
its best bet to know service and recover account in same time
hawky (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:18:43 PM

excellent point

the problem with that is that my mail account was hacked and altered when laptop was stolen. the emails were deleted and ftc was notified

you are right that i can gain access to account again if i can figure out what company i used.

i even remember in 13 when i first ran the new software the site told me that since i invested first they would somehow let me benefit from collective mining power harnessed by the site. somehow they were able to increase the mining speed for select users

if i remember correctly i first got notified of bitcoin through pm on a site called fubar in 09 or 10. their pm database has been lost. so no help there

i heard the radio host at free talk live once talking about the beginning of coins and they mentioned the couple i bought from and spoke as they were really the first to spread the coin. of coarse if you look at history of the coin they only mention "satoshi" and really no second tier creators or sellers are mentioned

perhaps until the fuzz gets done with investigation i will be reunited but i am not holding my breath for that one.
hawky (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:55:06 PM

********update********

I have found the program running on my machine and it is called ROYALTY.

I have tracked down the original coin purchase to a company called VARIMI llc in 2009.

However they went out of business and formed a new company with others i am unaware of any further information other than i am likely searchin far a pool company in florida.

Any info anyone may have on such would be much appreciated.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: