Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:51:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [The Wasp] 28nm ASIC Miner Open Hardware Development Project  (Read 35055 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:30:14 PM

Sorry all.

I am at a conference right now and bit swamped to post the agenda. I will have a quick 1 on 1 with Sean right now and we will reschedule for midweek for a general meeting.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 10:03:55 AM

Got in contact with Bitmine.ch... we will update everyone at the rescheduled meeting next week. Please check the google hangout for the latest info.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:29:28 AM

Doing Skype meeting with Bitmine this week. Will provide details of the conversation in the Group Hangout soon after it is complete.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:17:11 AM

Met with Black Arrow last night. Very positive results I have elaborated more in the Group Hangout. I am available for Q & A on what I learned just ask away if you see me online in the group hangout.

We are planning the next meeting for this Friday or Saturday.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:43:07 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2013, 01:32:17 PM by Bicknellski

Was supposed to meet with Bitmine.ch on skype last night but was not contacted before I logged off around 8:30pm. I will follow up tonight and try to get this meeting done.

Completed meeting with Bitmine.ch. Went well have posted info in our Group Hangout on google. Review the info and prepare for the meeting on Saturday at 2130 WIB (Jakarta)
Sunday at 0030 Sydney time.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:46:52 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2013, 04:25:58 AM by Bicknellski

Agenda

1. New Members Profiles
2. Review of Black Arrow, Bitmine and Cointerra Chip proposals
3. Membership, IPO / Investment and Sales Discussion
4. Prototype Discussion
5. Delegation of project duties.
6. Planning for next meeting.

This is an open meeting. so contact me by PM or Email and I will add you to the Google group hangout.

-----

Minutes for 2nd meeting are posted in the Zoho Project page.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:47:29 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2013, 04:34:46 PM by Bicknellski

Developing an ASIC platform for the future of DIY mining.

1. The Hive (Mother plane)

Microcontroller
Power Supply
8 Hot swap connections for 4 chip modular Wasps (blades)
Daisy chaining possible for higher density with a basic Hive (Mother plane) without microcontroller and power supply.

2. The Wasp (Blades for various 28nm Chips)

1 - 4 chips on a single Wasp.

A1 Wasp
Bitmine *80 Gh/s Overclocked (Wasp will have 4 chips)
8 units would be 0.64 Th/s per Hive

* https://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863

Minion Wasp
Black Arrow **520 Gh/s (Wasp will have 4 chips)
8 units would be 4.16 Th/s per Hive

** http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/minion.html

Golden Nonce Wasp
Hash Fast ***400 Gh/s (Wasp will have 1 chip)
8 units would be 3.2 Th/s per Hive
Additional PDU / PSU required

*** https://hashfast.com/shop/baby-jet-upgrade-kit/

Gold Strike Wasp
Cointerra 28nm ****500 Gh/s (Wasp will have 1 chip)
8 units would be 4 Th/s per Hive
Additional PDU / PSU required

**** http://cointerra.com/product/terraminer-ii-1ths-networked-miner-january-batch/

Just some rough ideas we are working on currently and we are hoping to get one of these prototypes going this year or early next year. Looking at the current timeline for these companies Bitmine is selling chips so they would be first for us to prototype. We are also considering using some older Gen1 ASIC chips to test The Hive as well give how cheap these chips might be in the next few months. Note we are always looking for more people to join The Wasp Project Cooperative so drop me a PM if you are interested in working with us on this project.

dddbtc

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 01:12:18 AM

This brings that same warm fuzzy feeling to my heart that the klondike project did (before Yifu ruined it).  I'll be watching this thread.  Can anyone listen in on a meeting, or is is only "important project people"? If anyone can listen in, I'd love to join you guys.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 02:06:22 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2013, 04:42:03 PM by Bicknellski

This brings that same warm fuzzy feeling to my heart that the klondike project did (before Yifu ruined it).  I'll be watching this thread.  Can anyone listen in on a meeting, or is is only "important project people"? If anyone can listen in, I'd love to join you guys.

We are all important. Drop me an email or PM and I will add you to the google hangout.

Thing is we want to get people on board and in the project over the longer term so if you want to be in on the meeting just make the pledge you will be in it for the longer term. At this point we are looking to have members put in 1 BTC to make that pledge coming soon and from that we are looking to move this project forward with the sweat equity of all of us plus those that can invest money will. The plan is for the members to share the Intellectual Property equally as well as the revenue generated from the Open Source Hardware and Software that might come out of the project.

So bottom line I can add you to the google hangout area just drop me an email. You can have a look at the chats and decide if you are keen to keep helping or just wait for us to update this thread or when our website goes up you can follow along there. We will be working on the articles / bylaws for The Wasp Project Cooperative and when we are set then membership will be open to anyone willing to pay the membership fees and agree to the terms. We are also looking at shares in the cooperative in 3 tiers but that is still under discussion.

I think anyone who is really interested in pushing a DIY project would be very interested in joining this Coop and supporting it. Given the challenges with difficulty increases of 90% per month these sorts of projects really have to be mindful of the fact that mining is incredibly risky at the moment and that such projects really need a lot of sweat equity to cut costs down. There could be a really fine range of products come from this Coop but the times are tough and chip manufacturers need to be aware of that fact. I don't know if profitability is possible given the numbers but this is also for the DIY community, and most of us in this area are hobbyists, we also believe that this is worth pursuing even it is just break even of a small loss to keep the community interested in mining. Diversity is still important and this could be one offering to keep that going.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:25:16 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2013, 04:27:43 PM by Bicknellski

The Wasp Project Cooperative - 1st Membership Meeting Agenda

Time: Saturday 12th 2130 (Jakarta WIB)

1. Introduction of New Members with Profile.
2. Update Progress on Design Team on The Wasps and Hive.
3. Update on Bitmine A1 Chip Purchase.
4. Update on Other Chips.
5. Update on Website Team.
6. Update from Software Team.
7. Membership Fees, NDA, Articles & Bylaws for TWPC.
8. Prototype / Production Capital Required.
9. New Business / Use of Zoho Project Site.
10. Next Meeting.

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:19:16 PM

watching.

good luck, guys.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:23:12 AM

watching.

good luck, guys.

We see you watching us, watching you

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 04:26:32 PM

1st Membership Meeting Completed.

Highlights.

We will be pushing forward for the A1 Wasp and Hive prototypes.
Website will be up next week.
We will be working on designs as soon as chip specification for A1 are released by Bitmine.
Membership is open and we are continuing to formalize The Wasp Project Cooperative.
The next meeting time will be posted soon.

As always we are looking for other like minded DIYers with or without hardware / software design backgrounds. Just drop me an email and I will add you to the google hangout.

Next Meeting

Timer removed. End time: 2013-10-12+14:29:59UTC

driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 10:17:30 PM

Great project!
Look at the hp hot swap 1000w psu, dirt cheap and tons of quantity..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-379124-001-ML350-ML370-DL385-G2-DL380-G5-1000w-Power-Supply-/111147129865?pt=US_Server_Power_Supplies&hash=item19e0e29c09
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 06:35:29 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2013, 02:33:15 PM by Bicknellski

Interesting option. I think we have also looked at a psu that is integrated right into our Hives so we can power the Wasps through the Hive or Wasps can be powered independently should people just want to stack their miners FPGA style. We are currently working on the Hive design and will probably release some teasers about this soon. The A1 Wasp is next and potentially a BitFury Wasp that will show the capability of the Hive to accept modular Wasps using different chips sets. Also as always we are keen to have more members join us as we develop the project feel free to contact me and I can add you to the google hangout and then our Zoho Project tracking site.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:38:28 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2013, 07:03:30 AM by Bicknellski

Membership, Options  & Capitalization Proposals

+ 1 BTC as a one time payment for memberships is being discussed currently.
+ Options to buy into projects like the WASP / HIVE are currently open to members and will fund the prototypes and chips buys for those prototypes.
+ Shares will be offered in a longer term development of the cooperative as we formalize the arrangement in an offshore jurisdiction.

Note: If you are interested in joining The Wasp Project Cooperative to discuss membership, funding and capitalization of the cooperative then pm or email me so I can add you directly to the Zoho Project page. We are keen on moving forward. Sean has already roughed out a design for the Hive and is moving on to the A1 Wasp as soon as the chip specifications drop on the 15th of October. So we are moving forward and funding is a priority right now for us. Note that we are interested in sweat equity as a way of funding project as well so that we can cut down on prototype costs and what not so even if you can't pony up funds readily we are keen on exploring alternatives that will help push our projects forward.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:55:51 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2013, 10:04:01 AM by Bicknellski

Let the A1 Wasp work begin: https://bitmine.ch/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Bitmine-CoinCraft-A1.pdf  

"A1 IC spec is released, still no reference implementation yet (so) don't know how far we can get from the spec alone but I will get started" - A Member of The Wasp Project Cooperative.

Fancy supporting us be it technical, sweat or in capital then drop me an email with your profile and I will add  you to our Zoho Project page.

The lead designer will set the time and date for the next meeting this week or early next and I will post that here as soon as I know.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:18:17 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2013, 06:12:32 PM by Bicknellski

Next Meeting set by Wasp & Hive lead designer for Saturday 19th OCTOBER 8:30 AM (Mountain Time Zone UTC-07:00)

Agenda:

1. Update on A1 Wasp & Hive from Lead Designer.
2. Update on Avalon Gen1 Wasp proof of concept.
3. Overview of the opt in for the Wasp & Hive project deadline.
4. Coop membership fees.
5. New business.
6. Set time for a mid-week special Cooperative formation meeting.
7. Set time for next Wasp & Hive update meeting.

Note: If you are new to the Zoho Project pages please update your profile picture and post your profile to files section as soon as possible. If you are interested in getting involved with the project to help with design hardware or software as well as other things like website design then drop me an email and I will add you to the zoho project page. In the near future we will be closing the project page to members who have paid their 1 BTC membership fee but for now we are still open to all while we work out the details.

GrapeApe

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:23:36 PM

I love the name of this project. Just sent a pm to Bicknellski. I'm in, I don't how I can help but I'll help in any way I can.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:40:33 AM

I love the name of this project. Just sent a pm to Bicknellski. I'm in, I don't how I can help but I'll help in any way I can.

I had no internet all yesterday with a faulty cable. Got your pm and pm'd you back with details.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: