Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:07:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [The Wasp] 28nm ASIC Miner Open Hardware Development Project  (Read 35056 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:02:32 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 10:02:53 AM by Bicknellski

Just finished a short formative meeting about a new project for the collective.

The Wasp Project Collective Mining Pool

WPC Mining Pool Development Team Meets this Friday the 29th November
Jakarta, Indonesia 1200 WIB (+7 GMT)

We should have an operational pool ready by December 7th, 2013.

The meeting will provide an overview for the shares and costs involved and key members involved in the oversight of the pool hardware and software.

---

Interested in working on our collective mining pool? Drop me a PM or Email to be added to the Zoho Project page.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigb159

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:36:26 PM

Looking forward to seeing what you guys put together - I'm no engineer so I'll stay out of this conversation.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:01:17 PM

Looking forward to seeing what you guys put together - I'm no engineer so I'll stay out of this conversation.

We need everyone in ... engineers, and hobbyists all are welcome.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
gamersglory

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

No more Crypto in this world

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:10:35 AM

Don't forget a wasp for this chip  http://alpha-t.net/product/scrypt-asic-miner/    A Litecoin (Scrypt)  wasp would be awesome. I would love to be involved in anything i can do to help the project. Testing would be cool too. I live in chapel hill, nc  right in the research triangle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_Triangle home of redhat and more tech cos. Also I would fall into the hobbyist category 
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:18:28 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 01:42:12 AM by Bicknellski

Don't forget a wasp for this chip  http://alpha-t.net/product/scrypt-asic-miner/    A Litecoin (Scrypt)  wasp would be awesome. I would love to be involved in anything i can do to help the project. Testing would be cool too. I live in chapel hill, nc  right in the research triangle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_Triangle home of redhat and more tech cos. Also I would fall into the hobbyist category  

We haven't "forgotten" we just need the chip specs, chips and one of the half a dozen EE's in the collective, or a new EE keen on scrypt to join us and then go mental on the design based off our existing templates. Also we already discussed plans for scrypt hashing Wasps as evidenced in the following page in our project. Ideally we would love to see our Hive mining both Sha256 and Scrypt at the same time.

Code:
Wasp Controller and Maintenance Software

Summary

The Wasp Project Collective Wasps are self-contained hashing blades utilizing various hashing ASICs, and adapting each
of them to a single unified power, command, and control structure. Several programs residing on the controlling PC or
embedded computer interact with the Wasps through the common protocols for:

+ Mining eCoins, not limited to BTC
+ Testing and configuring the Wasps, both individually and "Collectively" (of course )
+ Performing in-place firmware patching or upgrading.
+ Purchasing and managing licenses for the Wasps
+ Debugging firmware on the Wasps, while running one of the above programs in parallel.

Specific Programs:

Mining Controller

The primary function of the Wasp is to mine eCoins. A standard miner such as cgminer or bfgminer can manage Wasps
of any variant that supports double-SHA256 hashing. In the future we expect to also simultaneously handle SCRYPT
Wasps, with a second mining controller running in parallel, using the same driver for both mining programs. Since the
Wasps self-identify, mining programs can determine which of the resident Wasps's endpoints can support the type of
mining the program was configured for, and only connect to those endpoints, leaving the others available for mining
programs with different configurations.

Each Wasp is designed within the overarching project so there could actually be a team we put together now to run with the Scrypt hashing Wasp. All we need are keen people to push it forward. Do you want to help us develop the first Scrypt Alpha-T Wasp? PM or Email me and I can add you to the project page. If you want to see more documentation for Wasps and Hives and the current state of the prototype and even discuss that with our EE's then being a member is a good option.

dplusf

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:14:14 PM

Does one who is from the wasp project licensed Manufacturer will get the schematics from the pcb with finished gerber files for the manufacturers?
I think this would be necessary so to get more manufacturer in the boat, because not everybody has the knowledge to design pcb.
Cheshyr

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:49:49 PM

What else is needed on this project?
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:56:53 PM

Does one who is from the wasp project licensed Manufacturer will get the schematics from the pcb with finished gerber files for the manufacturers?
I think this would be necessary so to get more manufacturer in the boat, because not everybody has the knowledge to design pcb.

This is an open source hardware project. All the gerbers and bom will be released to all, and anyone can make their own Wasps and Hives.

We do want fabricators, diy builders and users to license with us so we can provide support for troubleshooting the design, software as well as  firmware updates. The design will help the collective recoup some of the substantial investment of our time and capital while we bring these various Wasps to prototype and finally to production. We welcome people to join the collective and support the project but really anyone out there who is interested in the designs can build this. As part of our design we layering in a number of features including a pretty robust License Enforcement Subsystem. This subsystem's responsibility is to use the device certificate and keys to ensure that the Wasp is properly licensed for its firmware. If anyone is keen on learning more about licensing you can contact me via email or join the group and join in the discussion.

Currently we have had interest from several people in the community who have already provided other types of mining rigs but we are also interested  in supporting smaller efforts and possibly some of our collective members will want to own some Wasps and Hives after all most of us are keen on hobbyists at heart even if a few of the people in the collective have advanced degrees and have a lifetime of experience in electronics and robotics.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:59:10 PM

What else is needed on this project?

Where to start?

That is a great question and best answered in the Zoho Project page as there are quite a few items directly in need of immediate attention and we welcome other EEs and Software and Firmware designers to join us. There is a growing list of documents that outline what is required so drop me an email or PM and I can let you into the Project page for a look.

Current Work is focused on a BitFury and Avalon V1 and V2 Wasp prototypes to provide us a baseline for 28nm chips in the form of the A1 and Mininon Wasps in December and February. We are likely to have some working prototype before the New Year and likely mid December. I will post more as I get more information on that.

albinosincave

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:11:03 PM

How to get involved? Keen hobbyist looking to get involved
dplusf

Activity: 258

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:13:26 PM

This is an open source hardware project. All the gerbers and bom will be released to all, and anyone can make their own Wasps and Hives.

We do want fabricators, diy builders and users to license with us so we can provide support for troubleshooting the design, software as well as  firmware updates. The design will help the collective recoup some of the substantial investment of our time and capital while we bring these various Wasps to prototype and finally to production. We welcome people to join the collective and support the project but really anyone out there who is interested in the designs can build this. As part of our design we layering in a number of features including a pretty robust License Enforcement Subsystem. This subsystem's responsibility is to use the device certificate and keys to ensure that the Wasp is properly licensed for its firmware. If anyone is keen on learning more about licensing you can contact me via email or join the group and join in the discussion.

Currently we have had interest from several people in the community who have already provided other types of mining rigs but we are also interested  in supporting smaller efforts and possibly some of our collective members will want to own some Wasps and Hives after all most of us are keen on hobbyists at heart even if a few of the people in the collective have advanced degrees and have a lifetime of experience in electronics and robotics.
Thank you Bicknellski Smiley
Glad that im also in this project. Looking really forward, exiting project wich will the Community Push further!
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 03:15:51 AM

This is one hell of a project! As one looking for bladed mining solutions currently, I will be watching this intently. Even better that you plan to open the design specs to the community in the true spirit of this industry.

It will be awesome to watch how many derivative Hives and Wasps come out of this too. Awesome work Bicknellski and crew Cool

Useless1d1ot

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:14:02 AM

I will purchase one.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:25:01 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 01:00:03 AM by Bicknellski

How to get involved? Keen hobbyist looking to get involved

Drop me an email address and I will add you to the project pages. Standing meetings.

Management Team Meets Fridays
Canberra, Australia 2000 ACT (GMT +11)

Design Team Meets Saturdays
Seattle, USA 1800 PST (-8 GMT)

WPC Mining Pool Development Team Meets Fridays
Jakarta, Indonesia 1200 WIB (+7 GMT)

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:27:40 AM

This is one hell of a project! As one looking for bladed mining solutions currently, I will be watching this intently. Even better that you plan to open the design specs to the community in the true spirit of this industry.

It will be awesome to watch how many derivative Hives and Wasps come out of this too. Awesome work Bicknellski and crew Cool

Thank-you.

The group we have is certainly one to watch. Personally I am just a hobbyist and teacher by trade but the team that has come together is really good. I mean really good. When this is released people are going to be gobsmacked.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:28:18 AM

I will purchase one.

Me too.

Mentaso

Activity: 63

Bitcoin News-Reviews

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 07:11:16 PM

Tell me exactly what you need and I will place an article on our website. mentaso.com
If its really needed, I can also add a banner on our pages for you.

Good work!

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:01:18 AM

Tell me exactly what you need and I will place an article on our website. mentaso.com
If its really needed, I can also add a banner on our pages for you.

Good work!

I will discuss that with the EE this Saturday at the meeting and get you a "press - release" about what we need help with directly.

We pay for work on the project in shares so this is not volunteerism just for people to note.

Kontakt

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:17:40 AM

This is a very interesting project.
I'd be happy to help out if you could use it.
I'm a second year EE at university, so I could theoretically be of use.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:22:40 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 07:53:25 AM by Bicknellski

This is a very interesting project.
I'd be happy to help out if you could use it.
I'm a second year EE at university, so I could theoretically be of use.

Drop me an email I am sure our EE's would love to help mentor new EE's like yourself. Some of them have over 40 years experience!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: