Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:32:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud Hashing worth it?  (Read 2912 times)
bitcoin_max (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:32:21 AM

Has anyone actually signed up with them?  Is anyone getting paid?
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alvinthem

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:35:24 PM

I've seen some of these being posted on eBays but not sure whether they are for real
topminingcontracts

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 02:31:54 PM

You can see most of the Cloud Mining options at www.topminingcontracts.com

TMC

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Perseus353

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 06:17:28 PM

I have signed up for them, and gotten to know them at a conference, and they are really real.

Mining starts in less than 48 hours when the KNC rig goes live.

1CkV1H1CA67CjpG5QMxEgVU9tNto51DBHd
Illutian

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

...The Shadow knows.

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 06:11:36 AM

I notice they no longer have the 'anticipated' amount on each Personal Contract.

That, to me, points to they don't expect you to make back the money you spent; with regards to the 'Revenue Reinvestment-enabled Contracts'.
topminingcontracts

Activity: 532

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 10:53:22 AM

I think the point is.

Considering all the costs, hardware, electricity, cooling, personal time, knowledge.

A mining contract is more expensive than mining hardware?

If mining is or not profitable is another discussion.

At least is my point of view.

Regards

TMC

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
byteminr

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 10:01:29 AM

I think the point is.

Considering all the costs, hardware, electricity, cooling, personal time, knowledge.

A mining contract is more expensive than mining hardware?

If mining is or not profitable is another discussion.

At least is my point of view.

Regards

TMC

For me, the benefits of using a mining service like ours www.byteminr.com is in the ease of use, the ease of scalability and, as we grow, the benefits of economies of scale become more apparent.

The simplest analogy is that you can buy your own web server hardware for your business, run it, service it and host it, or you can buy a cloud hosted package from Amazon, Rackspace or whoever. For most people, having your own websever is just not worth the hassle, I believe the future of bitcoin mining will be the same.

Davyd05

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 11:09:24 AM

But what is the point in investing money in cloud hashing if the highest $/gh tier will likely carry about $650 worth its mining contract cost when difficulty makes the gh/s too slow. The only way this pays off is the btc rising in value.

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/c139635fb3

So yeah, about that equal sharing of profit. Being the top tier $/gh contract means you paid to give $650 to have a miner managed for you.

I asked about the a reinvestment program and if 30% was being reinvested per payout, then you better see a nice stacking gh/s on your mining contract but nobody supplied any theoretical numbers.

I've come to agree with most people that it's best to invest fiat in btc, wait out the production normalization of asic pushed hashing power increases and with it a possible normalization of the difficulty. Enjoy a probable rise in the value of btc leaving you with btc to spend on new gen miners at a hopefully more competitive price.

Proud Hodler, neither bull nor bear.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: