Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:44:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold on to your seats.  (Read 3381 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2011, 06:02:59 PM

The market is about to skyrocket tomorrow.

The mining difficulty is about to go up tomorrow, July 19th. Which means less bitcoins being created by miners and less supply which means a huge upturn.

Plus, most people can not get their Dwolla money processed until around 6PM EST after the weekend so they are all sitting there wishing that Dwolla would get them their money already so they could buy in this downswing.

I did the same thing last Monday waiting until just before close of business for Dwolla before my funds were available.

Wish I had bought this Monday instead of last, right before the rise in difficulty.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 07:21:35 PM

It is very likely that the downdraft from 14 to 12.5 and below will rebound - but probably not back up to 14, as the bitcoin valuation bubble deflates.  Recall that back in April, one could buy a bitcoin for a dollar.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 07:25:04 PM

Yea European transfers will be coming back online and $$ from Dwolla accounts will be coming back in so I'm predicting a reversal...but thats still some hours away..

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 07:36:10 PM

The mining difficulty is about to go up tomorrow, July 19th. Which means less bitcoins being created by miners and less supply which means a huge upturn.

Plus, most people can not get their Dwolla money processed until around 6PM EST after the weekend so they are all sitting there wishing that Dwolla would get them their money already so they could buy in this downswing.

I did the same thing last Monday waiting until just before close of business for Dwolla before my funds were available.

Wish I had bought this Monday instead of last, right before the rise in difficulty.

And 17 was a floor.... No 16... No wait 15.... No 14, really.... Okay strong support at 13. 

But Bitcoins always drop on weekends.  Except its Monday, and we're at $12.5.....

We may see a short sucker rally but the writing is all over the wall. 

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 07:38:19 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but difficulty increases are used to stabilize the number of blocks generated per-day. So the rate of bitcoins being generated remains pretty consistent with each difficulty increase.

Until we see block payments being halved, I think block generation will maintain pace.
whitemist

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2011, 09:16:34 PM

This is not the end of bitcoin... it comes and goes in waves
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 09:21:41 PM

This is not the end of bitcoin... it comes and goes in waves

Like it's waving goodbye to us  Shocked

Be humble!
pennytrader

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 09:49:28 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but difficulty increases are used to stabilize the number of blocks generated per-day. So the rate of bitcoins being generated remains pretty consistent with each difficulty increase.

Until we see block payments being halved, I think block generation will maintain pace.

Now you understnad how hard it is to argue with people who don't know basic math Smiley

please donate to 1P3m2resGCP2o2sFX324DP1mfqHgGPA8BL
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2011, 11:36:18 PM

Now you understnad how hard it is to argue with people who don't know basic math Smiley

5 out of 4 people are bad at statistics gotta wonder how many are bad at easier math.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:17:04 AM

Check out the last 3 difficulty increases.  The price did not move up and in fact fell after each move.

The weekend effect is now very weak.  Everyone expects it to happen, so by definition it won't happen the same way as it did before.  It also seems mondays have been lumped into the weekend too.  I wonder when Fridays and Tuesdays will become a part of it.
grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 02:22:57 AM

Yup, miners have wisened up to the weekend effect and simply don't sell until Monday, extending the effect.  People change their trading strategies to take new information into account, they adapt.  Or become extinct.

TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 07:20:41 PM

The past increase in difficulty to 1,690,906 was one of the smallest in a while. This may change a few things when it comes to the 'cash out' or 'turn off rig' expectations.

I'm very interested to see what the next increase/decrease will bring.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
AlexWaters

Activity: 77
Merit: 11

Twitter:@watersNYC

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 09:49:11 PM

Meh, wouldn't call that a skyrocket =/

Sitting at 13.4 right now feelsbad

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 12:28:45 AM

The past increase in difficulty to 1,690,906 was one of the smallest in a while. This may change a few things when it comes to the 'cash out' or 'turn off rig' expectations.

It seems there are not as many people using free to 0.10kWh power as is often claimed on these forums.  If someone is mining with US 10 cent power they should still be adding as much capacity as possible.
grod

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 02:58:26 AM

I've been holding my seat for a week now.  Can I let go yet?

Oh, and my power is .046 + tax, or roughly 6 cents a kw/hr.  I'm not adding capacity because I really don't see even $130 5830s paying for themselves any time soon.  I'll possibly add at 2 million difficulty and $6 BTC.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 03:07:50 AM

Oh, and my power is .046 + tax, or roughly 6 cents a kw/hr.  I'm not adding capacity because I really don't see even $130 5830s paying for themselves any time soon.  I'll possibly add at 2 million difficulty and $6 BTC.

Wait, what?  You don't want to add now, but you might add when the difficulty is higher and the price is lower?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
grod

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 03:14:51 AM

Wait, what?  You don't want to add now, but you might add when the difficulty is higher and the price is lower?

Exactly.  At that point the risk will be lower and income more projectable.  I will have a better idea of my competition's limits, in other words.  ATM it's just faith-based gambling on BTC price going to ludicrous levels and a big question mark re: how low of a return other miners are willing to accept.

I suspect the 7 series will be out or at least announced, so that question mark will also be addressed.
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 05:39:49 AM

hit the "MEMBERS" link, go back and read grod's posts, proudhon.  all of them.  seriously.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: