Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:18:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Trading method types  (Read 163 times)
firmancarok (OP)

Activity: 176
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:26:55 PM

For example, Day Trading involves conducting multiple trades throughout the day, and trying to profit from short-term price movements. Day traders spend a lot of time staring at computer screens, and at the end of the day, they usually just close all of their trades.

Scalping is a day-trading strategy that a lot of people are talking about. Scalping attempts to make substantial profits on small price changes, and it’s often referred to as “picking up pennies in front of a steamroller.”

scalping focuses on extremely short-term trading, and it’s based on the idea that making small profits repeatedly limits risks and creates advantages for traders. Scalpers can make dozens—or even hundreds—of trades in one day.

Meanwhile,Swing Trading tries to take advantage of the natural “swing” of the price cycles. Swing traders try to spot the beginning of a specific price movement, and enter the trade. Then they hold on until the movement dies out, and take the profit. They try to see the big picture without constantly monitoring their computer screen. Swing traders can open a trading position, and hold it open for weeks (or months), until they reach the desired result.

So now that you know what trading is, how is it actually accomplished? How can someone predict what Bitcoin will do?

The short answer is that no one can really predict what will happen to the price of Bitcoin. However, some traders have identified certain patterns, methods, and rules that allow them to make a profit in the long run. No one exclusively makes profitable trades, but here’s the idea: At the end of the day, you should still see a positive balance, even though you suffered some losses along the way.
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:59:36 PM

Scalping is a day-trading strategy that a lot of people are talking about. Scalping attempts to make substantial profits on small price changes, and it’s often referred to as “picking up pennies in front of a steamroller.”

But all of this doesn't mean it is always a win win.
I love this short term strategy though and I am thinking of doing it.
Well, because all I do was hold all the coins that I got and it is getting me bored to just waiting.
Maybe I dont have the patience like everyone else here.

Thank you for this methods though. Gave me some idea.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
godsavethebitcoin

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 10:15:07 PM

For example, Day Trading involves conducting multiple trades throughout the day, and trying to profit from short-term price movements. Day traders spend a lot of time staring at computer screens, and at the end of the day, they usually just close all of their trades.

scalping focuses on extremely short-term trading, and it’s based on the idea that making small profits repeatedly limits risks and creates advantages for traders. Scalpers can make dozens—or even hundreds—of trades in one day.

Meanwhile,Swing Trading tries to take advantage of the natural “swing” of the price cycles. Swing traders try to spot the beginning of a specific price movement, and enter the trade. Then they hold on until the movement dies out, and take the profit. They try to see the big picture without constantly monitoring their computer screen. Swing traders can open a trading position, and hold it open for weeks (or months), until they reach the desired result.

So now that you know what trading is, how is it actually accomplished? How can someone predict what Bitcoin will do?

The short answer is that no one can really predict what will happen to the price of Bitcoin. However, some traders have identified certain patterns, methods, and rules that allow them to make a profit in the long run. No one exclusively makes profitable trades, but here’s the idea: At the end of the day, you should still see a positive balance, even though you suffered some losses along the way.

Scalping
Scalpers hold their positions from a few seconds to a few minutes. The main goal of this trading style is to "steal" a small amount from the market in a short time frame. Technical analysts focus on low time-frame charts, such as 1-minute or 5-minute charts. Fundamental traders usually focus on the value of the crypto compared to its price. Scalping is referred to as a double edge sword technique because you can make money in a few seconds but you can also lose money in a few seconds. Since scalpers are aiming for small and quick profits, one of the main obstacles is represented by the fees that you need to pay to your Exchange. Fees, in fact, have a huge impact on a scalper's trade.

Day-trading
If you are a day trader, you can keep your positions for a few minutes or for a few hours, but usually you close all your trades by the end of the day.
Technicians usually focus 15-minute and 1-hour charts to spot any kind of minor trend.

Swing trading
Swing traders hold their trades for days or even weeks. You need to have a deep understanding of minor trends and mid-term trends to be a profitable swing trader. 4-hour and 1-day charts are the most popular among swing traders.

Position trading
This is the style that best describes an investor rather than a trader. A position trader tries to invest in cryptocurrencies that can give good returns in the long period. Technicians usually focus on daily and weekly charts, while fundamental traders analyze qualitative factors to try to understand the intrinsic value of the altcoin. Also, the analysis include the study of quantitative factors such as market cap, circulating supply, max supply and volume of transactions.

I have summarized a lecture of my course on crypto trading, hope this can add value to your free guide Wink
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:00:19 AM

Interesting "guide". You didn't go in great depth about any subject, but I would say that you created a good general idea on those concepts. From all you have said, I would the most important is when you mention that traders don't really predict what will happen to the price of Bitcoin. I think this is very important because a lot of people have this wrong misconception that trading is all about predicting what will happen to the price and where it will go. But I do believe that trading has nothing to do with that. Traders look to certain patterns like you said, and take actions that should give them profit in the long term, because they try to minimize their losses based on their readings.

I would say that trading is very similar to poker, you never know what is the card you are going to get, and don't try to predict the cards that will come out. You know that with the cards that are on the table, and with your hand and what you believe your opponent might have (based on his pattern of play), you will calculate your odds of wining and invest money into the hand. As more cards come out, you adjust your investment. It's the same thing with trading. You look to the patterns, you believe that you have some chances of winning your trade, based on those patterns, and as the price evolves you adjust your strategy (adjusting your stop loss, etc).

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

firmancarok (OP)

Activity: 176

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:56:43 AM

well thank you for put it on the thread so basically I just convey how exactly to trade bitcoin/altcoin and actually i just want to make this thread to invite the beginner to play trading cryptocurrency and get profit and not disappointed in what he has done.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:20:20 AM

But all of this doesn't mean it is always a win win.
I love this short term strategy though and I am thinking of doing it.
Well, because all I do was hold all the coins that I got and it is getting me bored to just waiting.
Maybe I dont have the patience like everyone else here.

Thank you for this methods though. Gave me some idea.
He never said they will always be a win-win, but if you know what you are doing, you should have more wins than losses most of the time, which would still give you a good balance. However, even if you want to start trading, since I can see you are considering it, it is not just about you assuming you can just take swings in the market, you need to have a strategy and that is what you should be trading with to be able to know how to make the best use of the market.

@OP
Nice one! Even though you just made a quick summary, but it was really worth it for those who may want to read further and see how they can learn on playing with the market to their benefit. Any technique is fine as long as the trader in question have the knowledge and they know what they are doing, which is how they can make the best use, but these days it is quite unfortunate how some people do not value what they have and they just hit the market to think they can just start scalping or swinging, without knowing what to look out for.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Lonego104

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:35:34 PM

Scalping
Scalpers hold their positions from a few seconds to a few minutes. The main goal of this trading style is to "steal" a small amount from the market in a short time frame. Technical analysts focus on low time-frame charts, such as 1-minute or 5-minute charts. Fundamental traders usually focus on the value of the crypto compared to its price. Scalping is referred to as a double edge sword technique because you can make money in a few seconds but you can also lose money in a few seconds. Since scalpers are aiming for small and quick profits, one of the main obstacles is represented by the fees that you need to pay to your Exchange. Fees, in fact, have a huge impact on a scalper's trade.

Day-trading
If you are a day trader, you can keep your positions for a few minutes or for a few hours, but usually you close all your trades by the end of the day.
Technicians usually focus 15-minute and 1-hour charts to spot any kind of minor trend.

Swing trading
Swing traders hold their trades for days or even weeks. You need to have a deep understanding of minor trends and mid-term trends to be a profitable swing trader. 4-hour and 1-day charts are the most popular among swing traders.

Position trading
This is the style that best describes an investor rather than a trader. A position trader tries to invest in cryptocurrencies that can give good returns in the long period. Technicians usually focus on daily and weekly charts, while fundamental traders analyze qualitative factors to try to understand the intrinsic value of the altcoin. Also, the analysis include the study of quantitative factors such as market cap, circulating supply, max supply and volume of transactions.

I have summarized a lecture of my course on crypto trading, hope this can add value to your free guide Wink

Nice post OP, now I know what kind of trader am I. I categorize myself as swing trader. But sometimes I down grade myself to position trader most especially if my trade didn’t go well and go down to what I am predicting to go up.
godsavethebitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 01:51:35 PM

Scalping

Day-trading

Swing trading

Position trading

Nice post OP, now I know what kind of trader am I. I categorize myself as swing trader. But sometimes I down grade myself to position trader most especially if my trade didn’t go well and go down to what I am predicting to go up.

You should always have a strategy to get out of your investment if things don't go in a favorable direction. Never ever think "ok, it's down, but I can keep it until it goes up again".
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:54:09 PM

Interesting "guide". You didn't go in great depth about any subject, but I would say that you created a good general idea on those concepts. From all you have said, I would the most important is when you mention that traders don't really predict what will happen to the price of Bitcoin. I think this is very important because a lot of people have this wrong misconception that trading is all about predicting what will happen to the price and where it will go. But I do believe that trading has nothing to do with that. Traders look to certain patterns like you said, and take actions that should give them profit in the long term, because they try to minimize their losses based on their readings.

I would say that trading is very similar to poker, you never know what is the card you are going to get, and don't try to predict the cards that will come out. You know that with the cards that are on the table, and with your hand and what you believe your opponent might have (based on his pattern of play), you will calculate your odds of wining and invest money into the hand. As more cards come out, you adjust your investment. It's the same thing with trading. You look to the patterns, you believe that you have some chances of winning your trade, based on those patterns, and as the price evolves you adjust your strategy (adjusting your stop loss, etc).
Really interesting, but I would not classify it as a guide, but more or less like a quick summary of what some people should know about the different ways they can trade. Trading is really unpredictable, but I would not compare it to poker that much. In poker, you may not really have much expectations per set, which in trading, you could have some expectations based on what you have analyzed, but few percentage of the time, some factors may just change it, which is why we have advantage of the stop loss, but for someone who is good and with some good skills, one can tend to win more than lose.
godsavethebitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 09:21:51 AM

It seems to me, that the best strategy for buying any coin is when it comes to a new high all the time. Here you can put a short order stoploss. And wait for profits X5-X10

How can you exactly short an altcoin?
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:37:13 PM

Scalping

Day-trading

Swing trading

Position trading

Nice of you to throw more light on the topic. Scalping involves a lot honestly, as you have to stay on the chart all day, and it requires being fast and smart without any emotion involved at all, but there is always a lot to gain from it, that is, for a trader who is knowledgeable. I still prefer short trading anyway, as you can still be making a lot from it as well, and I am cool with those little I am making since I would not have to spend every minute looking at the chart and it is even less risky.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: