Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:51:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternate What2Mine Spreadsheet - To try out  (Read 508 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SpriterQC (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:49:02 PM

Hi fellow miners,

I found that WhatToMine did not give me entire satisfaction.  I had to input my hashrate all the time, Some algos were not taken care of or some coin that I like was not included in the results.

I have created a google sheet to help me out.  You can try it out for yourself:

https://steemit.com/hashrate/@spriterqc/how-to-create-your-own-whattomine-spreadsheet

Instructions and google script included.  Consider this "Beta" stuff.  No warranty, only good faith
Kompik

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:32:39 PM

I have something similar.

The issue with your file is that the most profitable coins are NOT on what to mine Smiley

So it is a good IDEA to add your own algos and calculations. It is quite easy to connect to blockexplorers API to get the hashrate and also add price API from coinmarketcap ( if it is listed) or even better right from the exchange.

Requires much more manual work though Smiley

EDIT: I also think your nethhash24h calculation is not entirely correct Smiley

Bitrated user: Kompik.
vomar

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:39:43 PM

Can you include Allium algorithm?
SpriterQC (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:44:34 AM

You certainly can.  You do not need me to do so.  Just insert a line in the Algorithm sheet in the middle of it, sort the range by Algo name and here it is.

However, if the coin you wish to evaluate is not part of the coin on the whattomine/coin page this will not help you much.
zorachus99

Activity: 58
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:45:22 AM

Useful stuff!

thanks!
SpriterQC (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:14:13 AM

Useful stuff!

thanks!

Much appreciated.
SpriterQC (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:20:02 AM

The issue with your file is that the most profitable coins are NOT on what to mine Smiley

So it is a good IDEA to add your own algos and calculations. It is quite easy to connect to blockexplorers API to get the hashrate and also add price API from coinmarketcap ( if it is listed) or even better right from the exchange.

Requires much more manual work though Smiley

EDIT: I also think your nethhash24h calculation is not entirely correct Smiley

New to this stuff.  You might be right about the calculation.  Going to each block explorer to get info would be a huge job though.  Any hint, I would take.

Thanks for the comments.
yhhy

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:22:04 AM

Would love to check it out, did you take it down already since can't access the page atm?
SpriterQC (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:28:45 AM

Would love to check it out, did you take it down already since can't access the page atm?

Steemit.com seems to have issues this morning.  It is on and off.

Try it out later
Calatravo

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:29:13 PM

Hi guys

Nice job mate!

I want make something like your spreadshit but not based in wtm. I want to take the nethash from the Explorer and the price from different exchanges. I just dont know how to pull these values from exchange...

If anybody can help would be very nice!
SpriterQC (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:44:57 PM

Hi guys

Nice job mate!

I want make something like your spreadshit but not based in wtm. I want to take the nethash from the Explorer and the price from different exchanges. I just dont know how to pull these values from exchange...

If anybody can help would be very nice!

All explorer have API interface for direct connection.  In the above google sheet you can chose Tools and then Script Editor.  This is the google script that is fetching data from Whattomine & Cryptocompare

This is a bigger job though.  Good luck and keep us posted.
BitTracer

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:10:59 PM

Nice job, very useful indeed, thanks.
SpriterQC (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:03:27 PM

Very useful, thank you for sharing

Thanks for the feedback.  Have a great week-end in cryptoland.
johny78

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:03:37 PM

Thank you for sharing this
SpriterQC (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:23:54 AM

Thank you for sharing this

Thanks Johny78.  Much appreciated
BPina

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:57:23 PM

It's kinda hard to get the API-What sheet updated. It doesn't stay couple seconds without many #ERROR cells (WTM JSON problems, i guess). =/
SpriterQC (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:03:24 PM

It's kinda hard to get the API-What sheet updated. It doesn't stay couple seconds without many #ERROR cells (WTM JSON problems, i guess). =/

It is my understanding that WhatToMine API is not as robust as an Exchange.  They also want to avoid others to capitalize on the work they did.  I try to limit my Altcoin to the one that are worth looking after.

How many altcoin do you monitor right now?
BPina

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:07:45 PM

It is my understanding that WhatToMine API is not as robust as an Exchange.  They also want to avoid others to capitalize on the work they did.  I try to limit my Altcoin to the one that are worth looking after.

I'd like to have a comprehensive sheet with most possibilities. So I've created there 60 lines(altcoins) to monitor. Isn't there any other place we could get info besides WTM?
SpriterQC (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:21:58 AM

I'd like to have a comprehensive sheet with most possibilities. So I've created there 60 lines(altcoins) to monitor. Isn't there any other place we could get info besides WTM?

I am looking into it.  It needs to be through a public API though.  There is a way to create this through block explorer API but it is a core in google script.  A program needs to be written for each coin.
Amstellodamois

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:39:48 AM

Do you share that similar something?  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: