Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:04:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Insurance and the Blockchain  (Read 93 times)
orkoso (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:52:15 PM

I would like to make a list of insurance related projects, and may extend this to other areas. 

Eventually, I would like to extend this to a few sectors and make reference indexes.

The reason I have to do such a thing is to evaluate the degree of maturity of the market to mature. Bear with me for a minute.
As the recent events have shown, most of the alts and coins are moving in parallel to Bitcoin. I does not make any sense to have such and incredibly strong correlation. While it is true that bitcoin and alts can be considered in marketing terms as "near sustitutes" and therefore will have some correlation, the perspective of the mining related projects (like Ice Rock Mining, Hydrominer, ...) is completely different in terms of expectations from the insurance applications and platforms (policypal, insurepal, ...) which are in a different are than fund requesting or ICO related platformes (RocketICO, KickICO, ..)

The perspectives of these sectors and the ability of the blockchain technology and the alts to influence them is not the same and it is unlikely that they have strongly correlated values.

So I am asking for names and links to projects on these sectors, preferably those already listed and available on Coinmarketcap.

- Insurance
- Lending
- Gaming / entertainment / Betting
- Advertising.
- Chains / coins
- Crypto Mining.
- Payment / banking
- Social networks

Please, keep on-topic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTMgoMoon

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:25:09 PM

I think it's too early for insurance to be in the cryptocurrency field. Although it's a very attractive project, I think older people are still unknown about cryptocurrencies. They know nothing about blockchain, so this I will not choose to invest in the project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: