Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:31:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If I ordered a 65nm BFL product today would I have it in hand in 2 months?
Definitely - 7 (5.5%)
Possibly - 12 (9.4%)
Doubtful - 38 (29.7%)
Phah! NEVER - 71 (55.5%)
Total Voters: 128

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL and 2 months  (Read 1232 times)
bcp19 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:43:46 PM

BFL seems to be ramping up production, so it's time for a gut check.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 04:30:01 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 02:56:06 AM by Dalkore

What is interesting is looking at the ROI numbers on any BFL units that have not shipped yet:

BFL SC Single:  http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/7810ae8e8e

BFL Mini-rig:  http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/0251323bb6

I am worried that:

A)  Units that have not shipped will not ROI

or

B)  If BFL actually ships their entire backlog and they state will happen by the end of Sept(??), that alone will make many of those unit not ROI from the sheer weight of the difficulty they generate.  

P.S. I voted 'possible'

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Ridicuss

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:20:18 PM

Voted Possible.

Replied to bump it.

BFL fan I am not. But I actually think they might be able to pull 2 months delivery from now off.

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:30:52 PM

Must be because their wallet is on fire.

Strange, they suddenly found the motivation to ship quickly after all these months...
Trupik

Activity: 136
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:23:46 PM

Strange, they suddenly found the motivation to ship quickly after all these months...
I wonder why they are able to deliver in such quantities only after the profitability of their products dropped to zero. It almost seems that the units were produced long before and this fraudulent company has been mining with customers hardware while it was sustainable. There was few 200 TH/s drops last week. It could be that some significant hashing power was disconnected for few days - as if it was in transport.
bitblazing

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:23:54 PM

F BFL
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 08:29:42 PM

I wonder why they are able to deliver in such quantities only after the profitability of their products dropped to zero. It almost seems that the units were produced long before and this fraudulent company has been mining with customers hardware while it was sustainable. There was few 200 TH/s drops last week. It could be that some significant hashing power was disconnected for few days - as if it was in transport.

There's no proof that they are significantly mining with units, albeit that's what's been suggested, but units were not assembled a while back and are now those that are being shipped. The facility is honestly geared to assemble and ship, shy of any units pulled for management's used of which I tend to believe but, again, no formal proof. Iff that were the case, rest assume that that's probably not the case now. I don't monitor the TH/s rate.
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:40:23 PM

Please change question to "BFL and bankruptcy 2 months"

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 09:06:31 PM

You sure BFL and Monarch by Christmas isn't a better title?
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 11:18:34 PM

Why would you not order from bitfury... Who would trust these guys again...
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 01:26:56 AM

There's no proof that they are significantly mining with units, albeit that's what's been suggested, but units were not assembled a while back and are now those that are being shipped. The facility is honestly geared to assemble and ship, shy of any units pulled for management's used of which I tend to believe but, again, no formal proof. Iff that were the case, rest assume that that's probably not the case now. I don't monitor the TH/s rate.

It is sad to see what PG has become...  A sock puppet for BFL...  I guess it is true what they say everyone has a price!  You should add a disclaimer on the bottom that you have accepted free hardware from BFL so people know you are biased.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 01:47:41 AM

It is sad to see what PG has become...  A sock puppet for BFL...  I guess it is true what they say everyone has a price!  You should add a disclaimer on the bottom that you have accepted free hardware from BFL so people know you are biased.

So true! My price was only ~$450 of which I'm donating. I should've held out for $600. Also, I shouldn't have taken fours days outta my schedule to go to KC.

Care to take back your statement?

The major thing that has changed since (in fact prior) to my trip to KC is anything resembly vitriol like my previous postings.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:20:19 AM

It's a moot point.  Since their units were sold at fixed price the more they shipped the quicker the units became unprofitable to buy so the incentive to ramp up was never there anyways.  With units currently unprofitable to buy at all and they can't drop prices since there's still a backlog I'm curious to see their next step.

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:45:37 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 02:58:49 AM by southerngentuk

It's a moot point.  Since their units were sold at fixed price the more they shipped the quicker the units became unprofitable to buy so the incentive to ramp up was never there anyways.  With units currently unprofitable to buy at all and they can't drop prices since there's still a backlog I'm curious to see their next step.

Their next step was to shift the pyramid scheme over to the monarch, not very successfully so they introduced
the cloudf#cking power pyramid. As each pyramid starts to crumble a new one is built. The ultimate Ponzi Pyramid Scam.

Stay on and take your loss, or jump to the next and loose your sanity.  Shocked Am not playing anymore..I was never sane in the first place.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 03:27:57 AM

It's a moot point.  Since their units were sold at fixed price the more they shipped the quicker the units became unprofitable to buy so the incentive to ramp up was never there anyways.  With units currently unprofitable to buy at all and they can't drop prices since there's still a backlog I'm curious to see their next step.

Their next step was to shift the pyramid scheme over to the monarch, not very successfully so they introduced
the cloudf#cking power pyramid. As each pyramid starts to crumble a new one is built. The ultimate Ponzi Pyramid Scam.

Stay on and take your loss, or jump to the next and loose your sanity.  Shocked Am not playing anymore..I was never sane in the first place.

For only $50 a month, you too can now enjoy...

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:22:27 AM

First of all I want to thank bfl for giving me a 200% return on the preorder I sold on.  They've figured out that there are plenty of customers aka math challenged lenders out there so good luck to them.  The more real wealth that gets sucked into btc universe the better for my holdings of btc.

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:44:22 AM

You sure BFL and Monarch by Christmas isn't a better title?
huh, that reminds me of something.

that happened a year ago.

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:37:46 AM

For only $50 a month, you too can now enjoy...

I remember these well, it started with $50 pyramids, within a few months they were $5000 pyramids. A few months later no one talked about them anymore.  Huh

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████