Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:37:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sentinel Chain - giving power to the unbanked  (Read 76 times)
lecomputer (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:58:18 PM

Hey everyone

I'd like to share a unique project with you that I'm really interested in, called Sentinel Chain.  I 'm always looking for blockchain projects that aim to create social and economic change and to help those in developing parts of the world with less opportunities than many of us.

Sentinel Chain are on a mission to empower the unbanked with a B2B platform aimed at financial inclusion. There are billions of people in the world without access to bank accounts, let alone loans or insurance. Sentinel chain are enabling farmers to turn their livestock, which is considered 'dead' capital in to fungible assets. The implications of doing this are huge, and will give many under privileged people access to the things we take for granted.

Livestock will be tagged with RFID tags with all the relevant information about ownership etc. A huge percentage of farmers living in rural Asia use smart phones, and this is what will give them access to these services. Sentinel Chain are creating an app called CrossPay, which will make managing assets very simple for those not accustomed to some of the complicated aspects of blockchain technology.

The Sentinel Chain token [SENC] will allow various features to be used that offer services to the unbanked. Among these are insurance, loans, collateral, crowdfunding, community projects and e-payments.

Sentinel Chain are partnering with VeChain who already have a strong presence and an exciting future ahead.

“Sentinel Chain’s partnership with VeChain will preserve the right of every individual, particularly the rural unbanked and underserved — to have full access to quality financial services such as livestock insurance and microfinance.” Roy Lai, CEO, Sentinel Chain.

The project has a strong team, a solid and exciting road map, a low hard cap and a rapidly growing community following. I don't get excited about many ICO's, as so many seem to be short term projects aimed making money. Occasionally something unique appears and catches my eye like this.

I'm British but have spent many years in Thailand, and I've met many rural farmers for whom this kind of technology could vastly change their lives for the better. Opportunities to save, get loans and have some financial security should not be limited to the privileged few. I can't wait to see what Sentinel Chain deliver as the possibilities are vast!
uncleduckerr

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:00:37 AM

Just hearing about it now it sounds like a great project one that has a use case and stands to help a lot of people in the process. Gonna do some digging on it now, I am supremely interested!

lecomputer (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:38:27 AM

yeah its definitely one of the most exciting projects I've come across!
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:41:15 AM

The project seem very interesting and it attracted my attention, i want to know if i can get their link to have more info about the Sentinel Chain,
do get their website across.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: