Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:47:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do before a fork?  (Read 201 times)
cxt07 (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:07:41 AM

Hello guys, soon there is snapshot in ETC, from every ETC you hold you get the same amount of another coin named Callisto, what are you recommendation before the day of the snapshot/fork?
Will you dump before the snapshot so you are sure you are not getting dump or you rather hodl and get Callisto?
toolsmans

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:16:34 AM

I'll half merge. And leave half of it. on dengi that I'll get, I'll buy more ether on the drawdown, if it will. if there is not then a fuck with it =)

And so on the forms write different solutions. Someone merges, someone is holding and then tries to have time to drain. You can do this, too. Once received a coin, immediately drain the broadcast. Just hold your hand on the pulse.

aintnopassincraze

Activity: 233
Merit: 106

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:22:54 AM

I am gonna try and get the best of both worlds but I am also going to try and time it down to a tee. I don't care if it is 5am, 12am, or 6pm I am going to be awake and around for the snapshot of that block.

Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:44:26 AM

It all depend of what holds for you at the moment. If you have enough before the snapshot, i think you should sell half and keep half, so as not to be at loss. The reason being that you might not be able to outrightly predict what might happen after the swap. There might be a pump or the other way round, which is a dump.
cryptoprophecy

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:00:08 AM

Hello guys, soon there is snapshot in ETC, from every ETC you hold you get the same amount of another coin named Callisto, what are you recommendation before the day of the snapshot/fork?
Will you dump before the snapshot so you are sure you are not getting dump or you rather hodl and get Callisto?
Split it because surely after the snapshot ETC would have a massive dump in its price,so just to be safe make it 5050 so will stille have something left if you are trapped in ETC,almost all of these forks are getting dumps the moment the snapshot has ended you will need to get your sell order fast so you wont lose a lot of money.

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
jankekek

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:26:06 AM

Buy bitcoin or altcoins and hodl it. Just sell or trade it when the hardfork is already ended and there's a big chance of gaining much profits.
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:08:48 AM

We all know that it was because of the several fork last year that make the price of bitcoin to appreciate up to that $20000. This is another opportunity to make profit. Just buy as much as you can.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:17:09 AM

We all know that it was because of the several fork last year that make the price of bitcoin to appreciate up to that $20000. This is another opportunity to make profit. Just buy as much as you can.

This is true, the price increase before the fork is generally larger than the decrease after fork and you also have the forked coin with you. So, it is wise to accumulate as much as you can before the fork and hold them.

nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:31:28 AM

Basically, the best thing to do before the Fork is holding your coins because mostly after the Forking there would be a 1:1 ratio so it means if you are holding 100 Bitcoin for example then you'll get 100 coins after the fork.
there are a lot of forks coming like Bitcoin, Ethereum, NEO, Monero etc. And there's a lot more in the future.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
nextel

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:42:38 AM

Buy bitcoin or altcoins and hodl it. Just sell or trade it when the hardfork is already ended and there's a big chance of gaining much profits.

When there's a fork coming, possibilities are holders are holding until the forks and at the same time people wanted to get more because they want to hold and keep before the forks and possibilities the price would surge up and the more it will increase the more the day nearer on the fork date.
That's why prices increased because the fork is coming but eventually the prices would go down in every after the forks.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
nextel

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:49:16 AM

Some coins aren't making a forks, like what I am holding Oyster PRL. They are currently have a schedule for an Airdrop of 1:1 ratio for their new coins called Oyster Shell.
These are two coins that is one of the most useful stuff in the internet securities like anonymous storage and secure mesh communications.
That's why the price is surging since last week after the announcement because people want to buy more PRLs to get SHL after the token distribution.

Rexxxem

Activity: 368

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:55:26 AM

You need to carefully study the technical aspects of the plug, and if you understand, for sure the plug is probably successful - invest there
kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:59:38 AM

When the fork is very hyped, like Callisto, it's worth trying to accumulate coins and get it. But with a plan to dump the ETC as soon as possible after the fork before losing his value.

Also, keep in mind that the ETC must bur in a wallet of your control, not in an exchange.

hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:02:21 AM

No! Only hold all coin in wallet your have private key! You can check more info at fork site daily from now to ann!
Tynovten_

Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:51:02 AM

I also would think the same as some of them save half sell half, estimate low price that you can and keep it until the snapshot and you better to play in the days nearing snapshot, make profit during that, use chances that exist.

macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 10:05:14 AM

I have joined only a few forks, but the earnings fall against so I have decided to do not wait special for a fork.

DedvTapkax

Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:06:13 AM

I do not believe that forks can become successful. I have several ETC, but I will not do something to get a new coin. This is not interesting to me. But during the fork you can earn because the price of the main coin will grow. You can develop a personal income strategy on forks.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:11:31 AM

In order to get free coins you must keep ETC on stock exchanges that support the fork. The official website of Callisto should have this information. It seems to me that this should be a very interesting project because there is a lot of hype around it. Let's wait a few days and see what happens)

jorenpo

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:12:13 AM

Well, I just hold and get a free coins. maybe i buy some more so i will get more free coins.
I don't think they dump it after they get the coins though.
alwayschasingsquirrels

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:46:19 AM

Hard to say with this one. If it pumps hard in the next day or so then I'll probably dump pre-fork. If it stays where it is I'll hold. If it goes up a bit then I may sell half.

Same kind of deal with ZCL.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: