Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:41:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Guild vs Slush vs Deepbit thoughts?  (Read 11846 times)
hmblm1245 (OP)

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 06:56:42 PM

Most miners have their reasons for going with one or another (fees, score, ddos security, pool hopping...) anyone with any expedience with all three with any thoughts why they landed on their own?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 07:55:50 PM

I prefer DeepBit simply for the web-UI.  The fees are negligible and it's worth it to me to be able to have a quick reference to a BTC per 24hr stat.

Mousepotato
Precog

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 08:26:11 PM

Used all three and others.

I am getting more btc per hour with slush.

Look at this - http://eligius.st/~luke-jr/samples/800MH/
from - http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=20689.0
pennytrader

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 08:50:18 PM

All good pools (and that's why they're top 3)

In short term, whether you get more BTC from one pool than another is luck.

Commission wise, deepbit is most expensive one but it has the lowest stale rate (<1%), so that evens out the additional fees.

It's a matter of personal taste. I like deepbit, espeically the red status text if a miner is idle for more than the customized number of minutes (I don't like its delayed stats but I understand it's done to prevent pool hopping).

please donate to 1P3m2resGCP2o2sFX324DP1mfqHgGPA8BL
Coineer

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

NewsBTC Canada

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2011, 08:54:35 PM

My experience has been...

Deepbit site features are very nice. BTC Guild site features are also excellent.

Slush's pool is nice and steady with a good interface but maybe not as nice (for what I like) than the other two.

Stales are definitely lowest at Deepbit.

Reliability for me has been highest with Deepbit and Slush, but still experimenting.

Coineer - The World's First Bitcoin Magazine Available in Print and Online is Now NewsBTC Canada!
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 09:08:44 PM

All good pools (and that's why they're top 3)

In short term, whether you get more BTC from one pool than another is luck.

Commission wise, deepbit is most expensive one but it has the lowest stale rate (<1%), so that evens out the additional fees.

It's a matter of personal taste. I like deepbit, espeically the red status text if a miner is idle for more than the customized number of minutes (I don't like its delayed stats but I understand it's done to prevent pool hopping).

I really like how you can set the timeout threshold for your workers at DeepBit.  At other pools, like MtRed for instance, you'd have to wait up to 5 minutes before you know whether a worker is offline or not.  With DeepBit you can know that info in as little as 1 minute.

Mousepotato
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 09:13:51 PM

I had about 0,3% stales on deepbit, now 0,1% on btcguild. 0,5% less "fees" for same features PLUS e-mail idle notification.

So using btcguild is really a no-brainer.

(I'm using deepbit as backup)

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
shotgun

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 10:08:32 PM

I have my rigs setup as priority as follows:

1. btcguild
2. deepbit
3. slush

If the primary pool is down or has any issues the miners will move to the next one down the list. Hard to believe, but I have actually had the miners go to slush after the others had issues. In regard to payout, BTCguild and Deepbit seem to be better than Slush only because Slush has had some really crappy connectivity issues for me.

<luke-jr> Catholics do not believe in freedom of religion.
nebiki

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 11:11:17 PM

reliability : btcmine
variance : eligius

combine the two and you get one awesome pool :< with bigger pools you sometimes run into problems like downtime, high stale% etc.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
bmgjet

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 11:20:12 PM

btcguild as my main since you can pick what fees you pay and they payout everything in your account instead of rounding it to 0.01
deepbit is my backup

Donations to: 1BMGjetfht9XLkGBYR4TSsuXjrYEKACcow
1stbits: 1bmgjet
300MHash/s 6850 http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/5u6wr/
Overclocked for 6 years and still strong http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1931458 & http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=285337
bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:40:03 AM

I too mine all 3, although I actually mine all 3 equally, this for me is a way of reducing the already reduced variance even further. The top 3 hold around 80% of the networks total hashing power, therefore it is very unlikely that all 3 will be running a streak of badluck simultaneously. More likely that if any one or two are running badly the other one or two will be running well. And it still functions the same as having backup pools because if one goes down the other two just kick up.

I happen to like all 3 pools, they have nice webUIs and reporting (slush is probably my least favorite though as I can't see my actual hashrate the pool sees, but c'est la vie). I worry a bit about the security of the blockchain, but for now things seem ok, so I'll just keep my eyes open.
Hawkix

Activity: 531
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 09:46:40 AM

I too mine all 3, although I actually mine all 3 equally, this for me is a way of reducing the already reduced variance even further. The top 3 hold around 80% of the networks total hashing power, therefore it is very unlikely that all 3 will be running a streak of badluck simultaneously. More likely that if any one or two are running badly the other one or two will be running well. And it still functions the same as having backup pools because if one goes down the other two just kick up.

Just to clarify - the good/bad luck does not compensate for the whole network (100%). There can be bad luck for all miners, or good luck for all, too. Its just a LUCK, nothing more (or less). The variance is lower, but you can still get pretty bad luck.

Donations: 1Hawkix7GHym6SM98ii5vSHHShA3FUgpV6
http://btcportal.net/ - All about Bitcoin - coming soon!
stryker

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 08:12:53 AM

I prefer deepbit, I've used slush and did not like how they calculate payouts.... no way ever should you get nothing for the shares you've submitted, a share is a share.

Jon
Bitcoin_Silver_Supply

Activity: 258

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 08:21:17 AM

I'm also on Deepbit and find the variance to be minimal. BTC Guild seems like a good alternative despite some variance and downtime horror stories I have heard.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: