Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:02:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin destroyed?  (Read 562 times)
Asusnumbaone (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:28:23 AM

Is it possible to destroy bitcoin?
What are the factors that can destroy it?
How can we prevent this event to occur if this is possible?
Share your thoughts Smiley
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:42:00 AM

it is a possibility if Bitcoin is urged by the government so there is a concern for all bitcoin communities in the world. Bitcoin is currently regarded as a commodity market rather than a currency recognized

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
Jabiii

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:47:13 AM

There is a chance  that bitcoin could be destroyed if governments make a move to ban it. We should support and never take advantage of it to preserve and protect it. Bitcoin is not recognized as a currency so it is not advisable and recommended by the government.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:01:14 AM

No.

Destroying Bitcoin is impossible -- both physically and figuratively.

People could stop using it, and the blockchain would grind to a halt if all miners shut down. But Bitcoin wouldn't be "destroyed." At any time, miners could just pick up where they left off and the blockchain would continue.

There is a chance that bitcoin could be destroyed if governments make a move to ban it.

Governments can discourage people from using Bitcoin. That's all.

dakilangisajaja

Activity: 177
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:15:01 AM

no matter how bitcoin it drops down so it can be said that the bitcoin was destroyed, and Destroying Bitcoin is impossible -- both physically and figuratively.
Breackup

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:24:22 AM

Bitcoin is unlikely to be destroyed because Bitcoin users are huge. If the government takes action, it may be possible but it will take a lot of time to destroy it. We are hesitant about the Bitcoin demolition of Bitcoin.

Safein.com                    
M A K E   I T   S I M P L E

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:39:40 AM

There is no possibility that bitcoin will be destroyed in the sense that many people using btc will not allow that to happen, Why? because with bitcoin you can earn great profit within a limited time. It would be much greater if it will be invested in long term basis and as btc supporter, I personally do not support. My thoughts.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:45:04 AM

There is no possibility that bitcoin will be destroyed in the sense that many people using btc will not allow that to happen, Why? because with bitcoin you can earn great profit within a limited time. It would be much greater if it will be invested in long term basis and as btc supporter, we don't what this thing to happen.

To destroy Bitcoin as it's form government needs to do extreme measures. What they need to do is to cut off the internet world wide and probably destroy all computers in the world. As long as we have computing power block chain can still be used.

Now if you are saying figuratively then all government in the world needs to totally ban bitcoin. The price will drop tremendously, but technically  crypto users can still use it.

I think there are better chance that I will win the lottery than seeing bitcoin to be destroyed.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:08:52 AM

In my opinion, Bitcoin cannot be destroyed unless it will be sent to a wallet where no one can access the private keys similar to coin burn. Destroying bitcoins means an upsurge on bitcoin that is left, it will have  price spike since the small the supply, the higher the price. Even though it is totally ban by a country, there is still a way to use it underground as long  as there is internet. Its hard to  "destroy" it.
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:16:22 AM

All right, so let me answer your question one by one. First, yes, Bitcoin could be destroyed. But let me be very clear about it. The only thing that could destroy Bitcoin is the people itself and nothing else. That is the only very vital factor here. For your third question, the best thing that we can do to prevent this is to continue buying, using, and hodling Bitcoin. And we also have to continue spreading the word about Bitcoin so that others may also see the great benefits they can have from it.
zais

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:19:38 AM

the bitcoin digital currency may be destroyed by government rules. This is also due to the anonymous nature of bitcoin transactions.
MD Milon

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:28:32 AM

It is totally impossible matter.now in the world bitcoin is the most famous digital currency.in the world bitcoin popularity is so hlgh.day by day people invest it ,trade it.
maksimo

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:31:51 AM

Only one reason can destroy it. It will happen if US government completely bans bitcoin investments. They will not take such a  decision though in my opinion.
Jeremiesaranza

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:38:53 AM

No it is not possible  that bitcoin going to destroy  so soon.. Bitcoin yes alive and alive and very much awesome  never to be due or destroy

E M M A R E S  ❍ .... Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   Twitter  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
upekhaanthony

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:42:11 AM

Bitcoin can destroy with bellow two facts ,

- Government regulation for  restrict the use of bitcoin - totally ban from main countries.
- Some mechanism to break the block-chain technology- 99.999% sure this will impossible  

I highly believe bitcoin could destroy

player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:59:13 AM

Destruction can come in many forms. If anyone finds some kind of exploit in the system that it's built on, I guess bitcoin could be destroyed. Bitcoin could also be destroyed if no one wants to buy it anymore. Since bitcoin is both a new technology as well as a currency and asset, I see both of these options resulting in some "bitcoin death."

I think it's pretty far out there in terms of probability of happening. I doubt something like this will happen in the near future.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:38:07 AM

I think that if governments and banks do not destroy Bitcoin, it is rather impossible. Unless everyone suddenly stops buying btc, or technology fails. And it's hard to imagine.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
nick_nick

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:44:10 AM

It is impossible to completely destroy bitcoins due its decentralized nature. Although governments in some countries may curtail activities and transactions involving bitcoins in their economies; people would still transact through the back. The reason being that  no single economy has control over bitcoin and blockchain technology.
alihassan99

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:45:02 AM

its impossible to destroy bitcoin. if governments are against the cryptocurrencies but they cant destroy it because technology always win. last some few days there was a big dip and new people in crypto was thinking that its over now but you yourself have noticed the rise in price afterwards .. so this correction is always needed for the healthy markets .. Smiley

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
CryptoClown

Activity: 261
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:45:15 AM

I think destroying Bitcoin is quite impossible because it is not a thing so nothing to be destroyed. There's a possibility that the government could ban it thus mining will be stopped but as long as there's technology and there are computers that can be used for transactions, people will still find a way to earn through alternative options.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: