Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:04:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How important are ICO advisors?  (Read 447 times)
Klara_karlovna

Activity: 392
Merit: 70

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:21:50 PM

Of course advisers are important in any project. They can create an high interest in the project. But when you see famous people on the site, do not forget to check whether this person is really relevant to the project. In fact, the Advisor is an advertising face of the project. A vivid example of Ian Balina. But this does not guarantee  the project is not scam. And don't forget that all these people do not work for free. This is good, if someone of them is reading a white paper or at least can explain the essence of the project.
Zsywt1024

Activity: 286
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:30:56 PM

Consultants may be to provide a reputation for the project protection
But not directly provide value In my opinion, the proportion of consultants in evaluating a project should not be too high
And now many consultants for projects are not experts in cryptography More is marketing and management
brushtooth

Activity: 90
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:35:11 PM

I think ICO consultants are more like brand ambassadors, because ICO is not in the hands of consultants, or they can't predict the right things. Most of the time, consultants are more focused on marketing purposes.
They are the key of the project, they matters especially on making decisions, they are the one's that can tell whether such action will have an impact, it's their experience that the companies paying for. And we should also know the Advisors background when looking at an ICO.

When a well known bounty manager is saying it then maybe I should pay more attention. I always felt that it was more of a marketing trick than anything else and that they really had little actual involvement in the ICO.

What's surprising is still how many ICOs make huge errors in judgment and are really poorly run despite having the expertise of advisors to call upon. Simple things like changing the terms of the ICO in terms of whitelisting or KYC at the last minute are really poor but so frequent.

Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:04:25 PM

How important are ICO advisors?

It's very important that any ICO project have advisor because they are the key where they can go and make a decision about their project but before that, make sure that their advisor was legit and part of their team because nowadays there's a lot of ICO project that they use the name but they did not part of their campaign.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:49:21 PM

When most people evaluate ICOs, they consider the advisors.  However, most are looking for big names in the crypto sphere.  In my opinion, it's more important to look for industry experts outside of crypto.  The goal of most blockchain projects is to gain usage and adoption in the real world, and expert advisors with credentials in major industries open doors to new markets.  At the end of the day, when projects exhaust their ICO funds, they must earn revenues.  What do you think?

Advisor is only person with high skill to remand the team how to built project in the right way but have value ( mostly just follow the trend ). Most project will use this person to help them catch the trend, so the project look's not difficult to follow but have great performance. But some project decides not to use this person because has high fees and sometimes their decision against the project concept. Good luck to you bro.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:20:32 PM

They are important but you should know how much are they really involved. Most important factor of an ICO is their team. So do check the background of each team member. Because they are the ones who would work on the project and make an ICO successful.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1138

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:51:55 PM

They're important, though but people should know that a big name isn't everything. Everyone has had their own array of failed ventures.

They are not really that important to me. They just fill up the ICOs' websites and an additional payment and funds will be slashed off. Most ICO failed even they have good advisers on-board.
It's best to hire more developers and paid to work fellows out there than people who do nothing and just waiting for the payment. The best adviser would be if there is, none other than Satoshi nakamoto, he can foresee the what relies ahead, but I guess he won't do that.

It would be more a much better option than on focusing on having an advisor which we dont even know if they do contribute into a particular project or just purely doing nothing and just only making exposure on a project.This turns out that they are just useless to me when project do have advisors with big names.It might help on boosting up the exposure and buzz but not totally an important role into project funding and development.

crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:08:27 PM

Advisors helps any ICO to improve their project that is going to open in public and I think it has an effect on the project if the person are well known, it can be an advantage but it doesn’t the project will succeed. Again the investors are also looking on this side, its a plus factor on ICO.
muncuss

Activity: 720
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:30:33 PM

They are important but you should know how much are they really involved. Most important factor of an ICO is their team. So do check the background of each team member. Because they are the ones who would work on the project and make an ICO successful.
I just want to reply like this.
personally, i never see advisor in ICO as important factor when i want to invest. that's only plus factor. good, solid and trustable team are more important for long term development

novogum

Activity: 416
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:54:04 AM

Almost all ISO ideas only on paper and they will not be implemented for a long time, if at all. Advisers are giving advice on how to attract investment when you have everything on paper. A lot of Scam given the x's only through tough advisers.
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:49:26 AM

Almost all ISO ideas only on paper and they will not be implemented for a long time, if at all. Advisers are giving advice on how to attract investment when you have everything on paper. A lot of Scam given the x's only through tough advisers.
It's a big gamble actually, you won't easily get the success investing in ICO.
But, with a reputable advisors, you have a little light that you can see in the future because this advisors
especially if they care for their reputation would not join a team that has no future potential.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:09:18 AM

It's a big gamble actually, you won't easily get the success investing in ICO.
But, with a reputable advisors, you have a little light that you can see in the future because this advisors
especially if they care for their reputation would not join a team that has no future potential.
Advisors will help them throughout the project from the idea and from how will it be beneficial to the users. They have much knowledge on what to do. Their experience matters as well their previous projects to know if they are effective.
myworkstrade

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:19:42 AM

For me, ico advisors is important because they have tome anf expertise with reviwing ico that they knew will be good tovthe market. Ratings is also impotmrtant or feedbacks a good ratings for ico is investos will boost his knowledge to the coin that would like to invest. A reputable ico advisors is essential to avoid some ico scams and other not so good ico and you know that many or some ico has not good fundamentals so keep on eye and do research.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]    [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]    [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER             TWITTER             TELEGRAM             ANN THREAD

gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:48:05 AM

ICOs advisors in the ICOs projects is very important due to however the ICOs projects is needed experience of Dev team in expand of the businesses to be more grows up in the future, i think must there are ICOs advisors in the ICOs projects, it is something important for the ICOs to be sucessfull and it will gives trusting for the investors of ICOs due to they have experience of Dev team.
gunungkembar

Activity: 575
Merit: 43

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:14:42 AM

When most people evaluate ICOs, they consider the advisors.  However, most are looking for big names in the crypto sphere.  In my opinion, it's more important to look for industry experts outside of crypto.  The goal of most blockchain projects is to gain usage and adoption in the real world, and expert advisors with credentials in major industries open doors to new markets.  At the end of the day, when projects exhaust their ICO funds, they must earn revenues.  What do you think?

ICO advisers are very important because with ICO founder ICO advisors can improve and get good direction and ideas to help make their ICO successful.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
palle11

Activity: 2338
Merit: 332

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:36:14 AM

Some times, some of the advisors don't see themselves as part of the team or project and they might not really be committed to the project. I don't really believe in them to do much. What the ico has to do is to be true to their promises.
wilbursina

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:43:54 AM

Blockchain can not be separated from the real economy alone, and those consultants should understand both cryptography and blockchain knowledge as well as understanding the real economy.
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:01:54 AM

ICO advisors, while helpful aren't something which should force people into making an investment in a company or not. Advisors can only do so much, and in most companies they're only around for someone to get a nice paycheck, plus you don't want to have too many advisors as you're just wasting capital on too many people who are doing nothing.

They're important, though but people should know that a big name isn't everything. Everyone has had their own array of failed ventures.

Big names are what investors look into and this makes the project more attractive. It’s a marketing strategy and although looking into the credibility is more important, ICOs get advisors because it attracts more investors. Additionally, having advisors affirms that the ICO is legit because there are numerous scam ICOs these days. Advisors may have a minimal function but it definitely can be said that they are essential.

manggis97

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:39:36 AM

In my opinion advisors is not important in ICO but the more important think is the purpose of the project, unique idea and what problem they want try to solved. I see some advisor in more than 2 different ICO so they become advisor just want to attrack investor.

dharnamonitor

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:51:51 AM

In my opinion advisors is not important in ICO but the more important think is the purpose of the project, unique idea and what problem they want try to solved. I see some advisor in more than 2 different ICO so they become advisor just want to attrack investor.

It's not important because you can actually invest on some by just using your head. Though I don't have an experience investing in an ico (in which I don't even dare to invest) but google is enough to decide whether to invest in a certain ico or not.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: