Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:53:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How important are ICO advisors?  (Read 439 times)
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:02:32 AM

Advisors just give the ICO a good image especially if they are well known and it actually does help raise the needed capital faster

but on an invistors point of view I think this means nothing especiallly if they are not know to them because they advisors arent taking the risk as investors entrusting their money with the ICO.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:31:53 AM

ICO advisors, while helpful aren't something which should force people into making an investment in a company or not. Advisors can only do so much, and in most companies they're only around for someone to get a nice paycheck, plus you don't want to have too many advisors as you're just wasting capital on too many people who are doing nothing.

They're important, though but people should know that a big name isn't everything. Everyone has had their own array of failed ventures.

Big names are what investors look into and this makes the project more attractive. It’s a marketing strategy and although looking into the credibility is more important, ICOs get advisors because it attracts more investors. Additionally, having advisors affirms that the ICO is legit because there are numerous scam ICOs these days. Advisors may have a minimal function but it definitely can be said that they are essential.
Little assurance is what we called it, they needed advisors to look very professional and with he help of those people the project will got some
good investors who always looking for such project, but this past time inside crypto even the project have good advisors investors are now wise
and always look into a usage, a purpose of said project to be able to last for long and not just a quick bucks project that will only last for a short
period of time.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:50:25 AM

Most of the companies are looking for advisories in order to make their project most effective one, but we how an advisory will join a project based on the previous experience. But as an investor, we don't know who they are, what is their major roles previously taken by them. For the company, they give guidance in terms of marketing and how to raise the money in the ICO.
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:57:34 AM

When most people evaluate ICOs, they consider the advisors.  However, most are looking for big names in the crypto sphere.  In my opinion, it's more important to look for industry experts outside of crypto.  The goal of most blockchain projects is to gain usage and adoption in the real world, and expert advisors with credentials in major industries open doors to new markets.  At the end of the day, when projects exhaust their ICO funds, they must earn revenues.  What do you think?

Depends how much time they devote to the project and how much they are actually helping. Most advisors just bank coins because their name is know in the field and they can afford to do it. Its a win - win for both the project to have a reputable advisor and the advisor gets free tokens for not doing much.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:00:25 PM

I wouldn't recommend on trusting advices given by because most of them take money and take advantage of their position , this wasn't the case always last year there were few advisors but all the advices given were actually true nowadays these signals don't work
leonardian_project

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:47:25 AM

Advisors have experience that open your eyes to new approaches. They also have connections that can extend your reach. You should have at least 3 to provide you with diverse connections and experience. If they are well-known in your field, they will give you credibility, and provide you with advice. You need advisors who others trust, unfortunately these people have been approached many times by now, so finding them and actually getting them to advise are very different things. With their connections and industry expertise, their pitch on your behalf can give you a leg up. Will they contribute as well as ‘sell’ for you? Especially to large buyers in the presale? You need your advisors to reach out to their networks, build publicity, and speak for you.
k00d8

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:00:33 AM

As a newbie, I have been wondering about this. Thank you for this post and useful replies. I had my suspicions about this trend, also. I Wonder what the alternative could be? Does anyone else think that there must be some flaw in the system or the way these new ventures are rolling out if this is the fact, that we cannot trust that the recommendations offered by advisers are genuine and not merely self-interested, based on salary and a chance of short-term returns.
spikyz

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:34:08 AM

very interesting question, i also have wonder the same whether do these advisers really do their job, if yes how often they review the project and give input? what the frequency of their commitment?

or they only serves as promotional figures to give assurance and boost to the team?

and most importantly, how responsible the advisors on the project they have stake their name on? a person can be an advisor of 20 projects and have 19 failed projects, and just shrug it out... well thats certainly a figure i would avoid

i rather to follow advisors that have 2-3 projects and all is succesful and he play quite important roles in guiding and advise the team
Ann Impas

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:41:03 AM

Definitely ICO advisers is important to look into if you want to invest in a project. But is should not be the major factor. This can only be a reference to ar least build some trust.It will be best to review the major factors such us the team, the company, the partnership and the project itself. If they already have an existing product and trying to tap the blockhain arena and their project is viable, then that is a great sign. Goodluck Smiley
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:09:56 PM

Most of the companies are looking for advisories in order to make their project most effective one, but we how an advisory will join a project based on the previous experience. But as an investor, we don't know who they are, what is their major roles previously taken by them. For the company, they give guidance in terms of marketing and how to raise the money in the ICO.

Certainly, they are searching for these people, who will help them to make a sort of a hype about their project. These advisors are usually for some PR.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:02:46 PM

When most people evaluate ICOs, they consider the advisors.  However, most are looking for big names in the crypto sphere.  In my opinion, it's more important to look for industry experts outside of crypto.  The goal of most blockchain projects is to gain usage and adoption in the real world, and expert advisors with credentials in major industries open doors to new markets.  At the end of the day, when projects exhaust their ICO funds, they must earn revenues.  What do you think?
It depends on the project and the aspirations of the developers if they keep a percentage of the coins for themselves they do not really need to create revenue for their project what they need to do is to develop the project and their coins will become more valuable, in my opinion the most important advisor for icos should be the one in charge of marketing, I have seen some really good coins with almost no marketing and no one knows about them.
rockie87

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:30:34 PM

They are of atmost important as why people go to advisors,to get proper information.ICO's are many but it is very difficult to find which one is real and which one is fake.Soo people need someone who follows day in and day out these ico's and someone who can give them trustworthy ICO to invest.Your point is very valid to reveal what they got as fund which will create more transparency in transaction. Advisors are really important in making any ICO's success or failure.

_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣___▁
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
 ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  www.icoforums.net  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: