Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:30:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ~Token of appreciation~  (Read 156 times)
earl07 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:25:47 AM

Greetings to all the members of Bitcointalk  Smiley

Since the new system has been implemented,lots of users here are having problem and struggling on getting a higher rank.Due to the required post to get merits,instead of constructing a self quality post,members are doing copy pasting and plagiarism that strictly prohibited to the forum.Even from a higher rank that suppose to be a model for us who are juniors and freshmen to the forum.

So here's the main point why started this topic.

I've been thinking,how about giving merits(fixed amount perhaps?) to the members who can caught and report those copy posters.
In that way members will be encourage to track down those posters,and it will also a big help for other mods as they are not the only one thats wiping the forum but also the member itself (unless,if the member do care for the forum Embarrassed ).It can also prevent members (if he/she is aware) to copy/paste because of the seekers.

Now a days majority of new registered members only think on how they can earn through the forum and do not care for the forum itself.
So copy/paste and plagiarism is inevitable.

If this is a nonsense idea,kindly delete it (to whom it may concern)
I want to hear your thoughts friends.

I also observed that there are only few members that is active on meta section.
It can simply determine on who really cares for the forum,as what meta section is made for.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 03:29:22 AM

I've been thinking,how about giving merits(fixed amount perhaps?) to the members who can caught and report those copy posters.

How many members have you reported so far?

I have reported 1593 posts with 99% accuracy.   I've earned 301 merit.  I think your suggestion is already being done.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
earl07 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:53:49 AM

How many members have you reported so far?

I have reported 1593 posts with 99% accuracy.   I've earned 301 merit.  I think your suggestion is already being done.

It's not a surprise from a reputable member of BCT to get that amount of report since you've been here for long.I salute you for that.It only shows that out of thousands or even millions of member here you are one that care for the forum.
But at least hear what my highlightened three words want to say.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 03:57:52 AM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

It's not a surprise from a reputable member of BCT to get that amount of report since you've been here for long.I salute you for that.It only shows that out of thousands or even millions of member here you are one that care for the forum.
But at least hear what my highlightened three words want to say.

So... how many members have you reported?

If you are waiting to be paid before you act for the good of the forum, I'd have to ask why you are here.  :/

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:11:52 AM

fixed amount perhaps?

Fixed amount for doing something you should be doing anyways only serves to make it exploitable. We can not make something like merit, or trust, based on some fixed algorithm, otherwise there is no need for sMerit to exist; clearly it was intended to be in the hands of the community.

Vod was saying that what you are suggesting is already in effect, it is already benefiting members who do this sort of thing (LoyceV is another example). There is not reason for us to enact what you are proposing, because it somewhat ruins the point of Merit fundamentally.

Try not caring if you receive merit and things will take care of themselves.  Smiley
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:33:48 AM

I really don't like the idea of having another way to earn merits. But who i am to judge right? Plus, it's your duty to report rule breaking posts, you don't need merits for those. With another way of earning, people will leon on this much instead of creating valuable topics, you're like scavenging for merits.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: