Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 01:27:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy bitcointalk accounts?  (Read 210 times)
sneakykiwi (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:32:57 AM

Hey all,
im sure for all of you this is a silly question im just really curious, i pretty much lurk the market place forums when im looking to buy or sell things just wondering why people spend so much money on BCT accounts?
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:49:19 AM

im sure for all of you this is a silly question im just really curious, i pretty much lurk the market place forums when im looking to buy or sell things just wondering why people spend so much money on BCT accounts?
If you want to participate in bounties, signature campaigns etc., there are a lot more opportunities available to senior ranks. One reason for this is that the higher your rank is, the more formatting you can use in your signature. The normal way to rank up is to participate on the forum and earn merits, but I guess some people are too lazy or incompetent to do that.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 5004

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 07:52:05 AM

If you want to participate in bounties, signature campaigns etc., there are a lot more opportunities available to senior ranks. One reason for this is that the higher your rank is, the more formatting you can use in your signature. The normal way to rank up is to participate on the forum and earn merits, but I guess some people are too lazy or incompetent to do that.

This is defenatly one of the usecases, and personally, i'm ok with this usecase... Sure, it's lazy, but as long as the member that bought the account for the sole purpose of participating in bounties and signature campaigns makes reasonable posts, i don't see a lot wrong with this (sure, it's lazy, but hell, there are worse things in life).

The problem is the second usecase: people buy high ranking accounts in order to scam other people... Imagine a newbie trying to sell a product: if he tells you to send first you'd probably tell him to sod off... Now imagine a legendary green trusted member doing the same: chances are pretty big that people will actually send first.
Now, if this green trusted member was a real green trusted member, there would probably be no problem... But if that green trusted member was, in fact, a scammer that just bought a green trusted legendary account, i think you'd just have been scammed.

A thirth (potential) usecase would be anonimity... Buy a throwaway account to use over tor without any link to your real ip... If you try to reg an account over tor yourself, you're usually slapped with units of evil and have to pay a fee anyways, so it might be easyer to buy an account somebody else created to begin with Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sneakykiwi (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:19:36 AM

Hey all,
Wow! I guess you have lurked around a long while as this account is over two years with just two posts. Anyway, you welcome back.

People buy accounts for two reasons I know. One is to rank up so they can participate in signature campaigns or bounties. The second one is so they can easily scam others. A senior account tends to be more relied on for information than a noob account. Also, any account with a green trust is taken to be a honest and trusted account. Newbies who don't known that such an account is bought might have financial dealings with such and get scammed by the fraudulent account holder.

Yeah lol, i only really use these forums to buy/sell things but was really curious if there was something i was missing out on at the senior levels
TheBasta24

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:22:02 AM

Buying accounts is used by people that want to partecipate bounty campaigns or airdrops that require a minimum rank, and by scammers that want to make fake campaigns or scam others by showing they are into bitcoin from ages
cryptowork01

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:34:08 AM

it easy high rank acount have more credibility so they are more trusted ex: two sellers in this forum one newbie and one legendary even if the legendary sell in higher price people will buy from him cause he is more trustable . you have less chances to be scammed by a legendary acount . that why high lvl acount are more precious abd even if it illegal some people sell or buy them . Wink Wink
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 5004

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 10:47:46 AM

it easy high rank acount have more credibility so they are more trusted ex: two sellers in this forum one newbie and one legendary even if the legendary sell in higher price people will buy from him cause he is more trustable . you have less chances to be scammed by a legendary acount . that why high lvl acount are more precious abd even if it illegal some people sell or buy them . Wink Wink

Buying and selling accounts is not illegal (not against the forum rules). It is frowned upon, and, if caught, the buyer AND seller will probably receive negative trust from DT... However, the buyer and seller will not be banned, since account sales are not forbidden...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0#post_rules
read rule 18 Smiley

Don't get me wrong: i'm not an advocate of account sales... I'm just saying that the claim that account sales are illegal is false... They are frowned upon, discouraged, distrusted,... but not illegal.

OP: i think you've gotten your answer in the first 2 posts in your thread, in my opinion the other answers were just rehashing the first two answers... Please close this topic to avoid clutter.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cryptodoe

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:05:17 AM

Everything is market worthy apparently...
flik8888

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:09:32 AM

Where i can buy a BitcoinTalk account?
goigiacmove

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:34:55 AM

Hey all,
Interesting question. First, you should know that account sales are allowed but almost illegal
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0
18. Having multiple accounts and account sales are allowed, but account sales are discouraged.
Secondly, users (mostly newcomers) want to buy older accounts (which have higher ranks) to join campaigns and get money. And with merit system, it is harder to rank up than before; that is another factor motivated them to buy accounts.

My recommendations for you is keep reading, learning and getting more experience as much as possible. Don't pay too much attention about getting
money in the forum by several activites. Focus on getting money, instead of learning, improving yourself; sooner or later you will lose all of those money for sure.
millenniumcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:46:06 PM

I think there are people who feel they don't have that time to follow up proceedure by reading or engaged in posting quality post to enable them to rank up to a higher positions. These kind of persons results to buyiny already rank up account to give them big payment in a campaign .
litepresence

Activity: 358
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:05:11 PM

Hey all,

Peoples want to earn instantly, that why they are buying high ranking account and trying to earn from signature campaign, Bounty and etc. This not the right way to earn, we should not encourage these kind of scammers and this against forum rule. i think now the merit system will make them to worry. if the moderator found that scammers your account will be banned and your money will waste. Better don't try this.
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:31:15 PM

Most of them are using it for signature bounty campaign as high rank members receive more stakes..
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:47:09 PM

Hey all,

My assumption is that some people want high ranking accounts so they can join signature campaigns with higher payment thereby making more money, or just so they will get accepted to a campaign.

There are probably others that have more sinister motives such as using a higher status to scam other members.

My understanding is that buying and selling accounts is allowed but is not recommended and could lead to negative trust if discovered.
Hati

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:38:37 AM

Well, I have not been in the forum for a long time, but I can think of three possible reasons.

1) To participate in bounty campaigns and obtain higher profits by having a high rank, as with the signature campaigns.

2) To pretend to be a respected member of the community or to inspire confidence, and try to take advantage of someone or scam other users.

3) Someone with bad reputation in the forum, to wash their image and start again but without losing the advantages associated with the rank.
thd26bct

Activity: 300
Merit: 93

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:08:54 AM

Well, I have not been in the forum for a long time, but I can think of three possible reasons.

1) To participate in bounty campaigns and obtain higher profits by having a high rank, as with the signature campaigns.

2) To pretend to be a respected member of the community or to inspire confidence, and try to take advantage of someone or scam other users.

3) Someone with bad reputation in the forum, to wash their image and start again but without losing the advantages associated with the rank.
Exactly! I agree to all three reasons above. There are lots of scammers, fudders, and users who want to get fast free money as high as possible out of the forum. Those ones simply want to have fast, short way to get what they want. Therefore, buying accounts which have high trust points, high ranks are their best choices (at least in their minds). Nevertheless, sooner or later, they will be caught and tagged by moderators and users of the forum. We have dozens of public policers in the forum, who usually read around and catch those sort of cheaters.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:04:54 AM

Hey all,

Some people want to buy an account because they want to participate in campaigns. If you are a newbie and wanted to rank up immediately then you need to buy an account unless you will never be able to rank up if you don't have the required merits and you have to wait for sometime because your activity will only be added with 14 even if you post more than 14 in a two-week period.

Before, you just have to post and wait for sometime to rank up. You will be a Jr. Member after a month but now, there is newly implemented rule to rank up which would include a required number of merits and you can only earn it. If you do not reach that number of merit then you wouldn't be able to rank up which would lead to people to just buy accounts. Higher rank means higher payment in signature campaigns and in other bounty campaigns as well.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
cryptoziggurat

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:19:36 AM

Do people actually go through the trouble of "farming" accounts just to sell them ?
Or do they just sell their own account ?
vanderveld

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:35:05 AM

I am no sure but may be related to joining a bounty project..
Rocky69

Activity: 429

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:44:01 AM

Simple to earn USD by following shortcuts , they get self esteem as their credibility increases .Many ICOs  offer  Bounties  which attach lot of value to signatures with Sr level signatures earning handsome amount  and offering more ways to earn . Not to loose heart everyone can progress on the rank ladder  by  participating in the forums  it is time consuming but you learn a lot .

Hey all,
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: