Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:42:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Medium and long term price of NEO - can it go TOP 5 or even TOP 2?  (Read 128 times)
Cryptodaddy05 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:19:11 AM

Neo’s current market cap (MC) of ~$8billion puts it in 7th place on CMC, with it making up ~ 5% of Total Market Capitalisation. It’s MC is ~$1Billion ahead of Stellar XLM in 8th place, and it’s now well-entrenched in the CMC top 10. I wonder about the potential for NEO’s price to increase by 50% relative to the other top 10 coins short to medium term, so that it overtakes LTC (current MC of ~$12 billion) into 5th place, and whether it’s price may increase 10x relatively medium to long term so that it might even replace ETH (current MC ~80 billion) in 2nd place one day?

I won’t discuss NEO in detail, but rather the I’ll look at factors that I think add to its long term value and potential. NEO is clearly a well-designed and robust blockchain platform, with the NEO Council particular about what projects are allowed to use the NEO platform - including having an application fee of ~$25,000 unlike the Ethereum Network, where anyone can release an ERC20 token at practically no cost (here’s a guide in how to release your own ERC20 token on the Ethereum blockchain in 20 mins! https://medium.com/bitfwd/how-to-issue-your-own-token-on-ethereum-in-less-than-20-minutes-ac1f8f022793?source=linkShare-12c69442b091-1519283864 ). Seven blockchain projects and dApps such as Red Pulse RPX/Deep Brain Chain DBC/Trinity Network Credit TNC/Qlink QLC have been released as NEP-5 tokens and are already running smoothly on NEO, with four of them ranked between 100-200 on CMC. There are 25 current NEP-5 projects or dApps already in 2018, whose ICO’s have closed after selling successfully or which are actively selling their ICO or planing to sell and list soon - and as these new 25 coins join the others in the NEO eco-verse and sell on exchanges the value of the underlying NEO blockchain and the GAS that runs it is likely to increase in value, especially if there’s a very successful ‘blockbuster’ coin. A one-for-one airdrop of Ontology Network (ONT) tokens for each NEO token held in a NEO wallet or on certain exchanges has been announced for early March, which certainly adds to NEO’s appeal - especially if there are further airdrops of NEP-5 tokens as they are released! It’s also an added benefit of course that investors holding NEO in NEO wallets or on certain exchanges earn GAS each day for each NEO token they hold - with GAS worth $42 atm and likely to increase significantly in value long term too! NEO is still working on releasing its own personal wallet, but there are good personal wallets developed by the NEO community such as NEON which can interact with hard storage wallets. I also think that this very active NEO community setting up an alternative blockchain cryptoverse to Ethereums one, adds to NEO’s value! NEO tokens can be bought in fractions on exchanges, but it is annoying that NEO can only be transferred as single whole coins - but it is what it is, and the exchanges like Binance let you sell any small scraps of NEO left behind for BTC or ETH. NEO’s design and projects such as Trinity should enable good scalability, unlike the Ethereum Network at least atm. And finally the NEO Council has a long term funding mechanism from use of NEO which I think is important, with the Council providing good governance - with things like changes to code smoothly and quickly implemented and urgent problems professionally dealt with.

NEO has obviously already appreciated greatly in price after the reboot from its AntShares days, with a massive 54,450% in price in 2017. While those sort of gains are behind it for now, it’s important to find the big cryptocoins that will be winners and appreciate long term to form the backbone of a good crypto investment portfolio - while most of us chase the next AntShares with coins like WanChain and AChain etc. I think NEO will be a big coin long-term, and that it’s significantly undervalued at present and I’m accumulating it at the current depressed price of $122 - hoping it does go 10x to over $1,000 to equal Ethereum’s price one day!

What are other people’s feelings on NEO’s medium to long term prospects, and it’s survival and value? Will it remain a TOP 10 coin - will it be a TOP 5 coin or even TOP 2?  Interesting things to consider!

Hello to Viper 🐍 - sorry Viser & Kavad 🍺
freezzeer

Activity: 451
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:33:06 AM

Yes.NEO is powerful than ethereum.Ethereum has good blockchain but not updated with technology.But neo has  uptrended techs.
djlenna12345

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:14:45 AM

It seems to me that the NEO team has a stronger team than Vitalik Buterin. Now NEO is developing more quickly than ETH. Time will show how high the NEO will take off

serkhio

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:19:50 AM

It takes long time for NEO proceeds the Ethereum. Once the amount of ICO based on the NEO is more the the ETH, surely the price will be higher than ETH. So, how long do u think it will take?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:52:08 PM

NEO is better than ETH, that's for sure. And the price of NEO is going up a dizzy. I think one or two more years. NEO will flip to be ETH to occupy second place.

miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:24:46 PM

It seems to me that the NEO team has a stronger team than Vitalik Buterin. Now NEO is developing more quickly than ETH. Time will show how high the NEO will take off

People have a lot of confidence with NEO blockchain and expecting there is huge growth in coming years, blockchain seems to be very interesting and NEO is becoming very efficient in coming when it comes to the smart contract.
whoisdoctors

Activity: 392
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 01:33:09 PM

The Chinese NEO crypto currency has all the makings to become an analogue of the ETH for the Asian region, as the Chinese authorities treat it very loyal and are called the only digital asset that can be safely used in the face of tough measures to regulate the crypto currency market.
manhont

Activity: 518
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:09:50 PM

I expect this year that neo will be in the top 5, the Chinese will actively invest in this coin

AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:40:29 PM

I see now Cardano joins the smart contract party. Today I got the information from the news site that explain about ADA. Next neo they were used smart contract project.
As a coin wise I list BTC, ETH, DASH, LTC, XMR. After these coins we can lost the neo in the list. Hence they will not be in the top 5 list of mine.
Now Cardano has new plans. On February 28th a meeting with investors will be held in London. I believe they go forward to neo soon.
Nuex

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:57:31 PM

NEO has a team that no doubt its performance ,, they can make NEO stable in top 5 ,,, NEO could just ascend to top 2 but it takes a long time and team have to work extra
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: