Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:15:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell All Altcoins and Just HODL ETH or BTC! Which is better?  (Read 131 times)
Jamesbob16 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:24:28 AM

I have few Altcoins like TIO, TRX, EBCH, CMT, REBEL. And, TIO price was 1.43$ Per coin but I did not sell them, I was holding them for more profits and now TIO price is 0.37$ Per coin. CMT, WRC went to 0.55$ You know and now 0.17$,  I haven't sold them too. People were telling HODL HODL and then I HOLD and Now I am suffering very much Because At this moment, I need money but I can't sell, I am feeling too panic.

So, What should I do Now? Should I sell all altcoins and make them ETH or BTC and HODL them? Please suggest me.

Thank You
followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:45:58 AM

I think you shouldn't ever sell your tokens or general altcoins when market crash is happening. It is better to hold for long to see bull market in that specific altcoin to dump. You may deeply regret later. On the other hand holding eth is fine.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:51:25 AM

Investing in ICO is riskier than investing on a proven coin like eth and btc. If you badly need the money then sell it if not try to assess the coin if it is really worth it to hold. Not all altcoins will have a bright future but if you think they have then try to average down buy more in the current low price and just hold. If they are really  good coin then just have faith, eventually the price will rise.

entr

Activity: 602
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:52:04 AM

When btc gain dominance on market and start rising dramatically , generally alts negatively affected. I would suggest stay some percent of your funds in btc and eth.
Hoenir

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:54:31 AM

If you believe this ; control of the prices related with BTC. Than go hodl BTC. But you should wait, be patient. I think altcoins buy&sell is more good. More action
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:59:19 AM

I have few Altcoins like TIO, TRX, EBCH, CMT, REBEL. And, TIO price was 1.43$ Per coin but I did not sell them, I was holding them for more profits and now TIO price is 0.37$ Per coin. CMT, WRC went to 0.55$ You know and now 0.17$,  I haven't sold them too. People were telling HODL HODL and then I HOLD and Now I am suffering very much Because At this moment, I need money but I can't sell, I am feeling too panic.

So, What should I do Now? Should I sell all altcoins and make them ETH or BTC and HODL them? Please suggest me.

Thank You

Don't commit the same mistake I've made before where I hold all of my coins valued more or less $400. After 10 days what left was just a messy $105. So, if I were you I'll convert or sell those coins and buy Bitcoin or Ethereum. That would be a nice decision and you won't regret it.

Dodoymabs

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:01:35 AM

Investing in ICO is riskier than investing on a proven coin like eth and btc. If you badly need the money then sell it if not try to assess the coin if it is really worth it to hold. Not all altcoins will have a bright future but if you think they have then try to average down buy more in the current low price and just hold. If they are really  good coin then just have faith, eventually the price will rise.

Certainly you're right, this all depends on the situation wherein it is really necessary to sell all newly coins. It is hard to predict this coin due to its new crypto so we are doubt what will be its value for the next months. So, better if don't need it badly then hold it for a while.
michael shikany

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:04:39 AM

I think you should sell most of altcoin, because the whole market is in a bear market right now, so you can hold BTC and ETH, because when the bull market comes, it will always go up first.

aceptamosbitcoin

Activity: 981
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:10:22 AM

If you are going after higher ROI and higher risk, you need to try with altcoins.

If you are going after lower ROI and lower risk, then just hold BTC, ETC and NEO.
tramadols

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:15:04 AM

Thank You

you should first investigate the altcoin you are holding. panic will hurt you if you are in a hurry or not trying to find a lot of information. currently bitcoin grows and eth too. its effect on the other altcoin becomes red. if you believe, most likely other altcoin will be pumped in the next few months. be patient

Briella18

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:23:49 AM

I think the hold some coins that you think are really good, and the project is clear, and sell the rest
ansh_848

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:26:08 AM
Merited by bramgg.crypto (3)

Some what you are right but the value of ETH and BTC are high if we purchase other coins their value is less so its easy to earn profit in that and see the bitcoin value you have to invest so much amount than only you will earn profit or huge profit. If you have lot  of money than invest in ETH or bitcoin.
ZETMAN

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:36:06 AM

I think ETH.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 09:39:02 AM

Thank You
What had happened to you also heppened to me because I am a hodler too. I have SXDT, SXUT, POS, CRED, MOT, MAN, AION, ASTR, DDD, ESC, ACC, DRT, EXRN and JC but all are bleeding but the only difference with is that I don't need to convert them by now for I still have small amount of ETH and BTC on my wallet. If you sell all of it of course you know it already how much loss you have that time but if you really need money for an emergency then why not borrow to your friends or relatives and pay them when the market is on green again. For me I prefer to convert my Altcoins into BTC most especially if our coins are in green rather than ETH because ETH is dependent to Bitcoin too.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:39:43 AM

It depends on your strategy. Bitcoin and Ethereum has a general rising trend and are less risky to have some pleasant profit in long term. But newer altcoins may (some do and some don't) have a potential of rising x5 or x10 just in some months which is not possible from ETH or BTC.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:54:44 AM

A simple rule I try and follow is to only sell into a rising market. This way you know people are actualy wanting to buy your token and you will get a better price then trying to find buyers in a depressed market where they are looking to pick up bargains. You should wait for the market sentiment to turn at which point you will probably find that the altcoins will outperform BTC and ETH in percentage gains anyway.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Obi2024

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:57:28 AM

Thank You

I would not advise you to sell the altcoin now that the price has tanked so much, you can hold them and wait for the price to improve, it may be a long wait though, but with time some of them will recover, it may even be just one of the altcoins that you are holding that will recover all the money you put in the other for you, but you have to be patient, you make loss only when you sell.

00DKM@

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:11:49 AM

Thank You
I sincerely condolence to you. I do not know how to advise. But I think you calm down, look at the market every coin, see if the coin is positive in the future, then hold them back, if not sell them well. buy ETH holdings. The price of the altcoin increases and decreases as a matter of course. But again, I advise you to stay awake to make a decision.
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:23:09 AM

This is really not a simple situation in which you need to think carefully. Coin prices can change every day, anyway, I think if you really need money, sell some of the coins that are now at a more realistic price, and with the rest you need to decide at what price you are ready to sell it.

quierx16

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:24:49 AM

Thank You

just hold it for now you will lose profit if you sell it now. and maybe if you can acquire more buy now when and make a good profit in the future.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: