Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RAM-Reduction & Backup Center Testing (version 0.89.99.16)  (Read 41219 times)
seldon

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:25:20 PM

I am currently switching to armory, used to have .88, now updated to .90

I use a second computer as offline wallet. Testing the offline transactions workd in .88, but the online version was eating up my ram - made the switch to .90 and this is fine now.

HOWEVER, when I try to make an offline transaction clicking the "create unsigned transaction" will not have an effect. When looking into the armory log I find this exception for each button click:

2013-12-04 21:15 (ERROR) -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "qtdialogs.pyc", line 5225, in createOfflineTxDPAndDisplay
  File "qtdialogs.pyc", line 5514, in validateInputsGetTxDP
  File "armoryengine.pyc", line 6493, in createFromTxOutSelection
  File "armoryengine.pyc", line 6362, in createFromPyTx
  File "armoryengine.pyc", line 4274, in copy
  File "armoryengine.pyc", line 4263, in unserialize
  File "armoryengine.pyc", line 4111, in unserialize
UnserializeError

Any ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
seldon

Activity: 353

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:19:04 PM

Update, seems to be solved by reboot ..  Huh
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:33:08 AM

I don't know if this was posted or not, but i have a problem. I'm using Armory with the "--datadir=" command and it keeps crashing at 99% scanning transaction history with every version that i try. Using the default directory works, but what should i do to work with the "--datadir=" option?

Edit: I am thinking that using a .wallet file may pose some kind of security breach. How hard would it be to implement the use of custom named wallets? For examtle abc.jpg or abc.xyz? The format can be the same i assume, only the name changes.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:30:39 AM

I don't know if this was posted or not, but i have a problem. I'm using Armory with the "--datadir=" command and it keeps crashing at 99% scanning transaction history with every version that i try. Using the default directory works, but what should i do to work with the "--datadir=" option?

Solved. Deleted the "databases" folder and now works like a charm.

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 04:31:34 PM

Solved. Deleted the "databases" folder and now works like a charm.

This may have been the last major bug I never found before releasing

Code:
-ERROR - 1384746267: (..\StoredBlockObj.cpp:1063) Cannot get tx copy, because don't have full StoredTx!

It's in my plans to fix that for 0.91-beta.  I got a couple people to pass me their databases that have this error so I can debug it.  Will tend to it after I get back from the conference (in addition to fixing all the broken optimizations in the LevelDB code which causes it to scan so slowly!)

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
SimonBelmond

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:13:44 PM

I had some fun with 0.9 lateley. The backup center is just mindblowingly awesome. All the safety questions are addressed. e.g. I was wondering if testing of backup is safe. Just then it tells me that no keys will be written to disk. Great stuff.

I noticed one little flaw though. Might have been mentioned before. Wehn printing a 1/1 (normal) paper backup the last block of of the chain key on each line does not stay within the given frame. two letters were just on top of the line. Does not happen with fragmented backups though. Let me know if you need a screenshot.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 06:46:12 PM

I had some fun with 0.9 lateley. The backup center is just mindblowingly awesome. All the safety questions are addressed. e.g. I was wondering if testing of backup is safe. Just then it tells me that no keys will be written to disk. Great stuff.

I noticed one little flaw though. Might have been mentioned before. Wehn printing a 1/1 (normal) paper backup the last block of of the chain key on each line does not stay within the given frame. two letters were just on top of the line. Does not happen with fragmented backups though. Let me know if you need a screenshot.

Smiley   Thanks! 

I have battled with the text sizes and fonts on those backups, but Qt just does not want to obey me.  I think I'm missing something, and maybe it's somethign we should investigate for 0.91-beta... apparently your desktop DPI and default font affects it even though I explicitly tell Qt the exact size and font to use.  And on Mac it doesn't even use fixed-width font!

I'll make a note for the next version to do a bit more investigation of that (as well as spend some time on the Mac build, which got lost in the conference preparations)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Gryph

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:21:10 AM

Hi!

Just installed the new version (0.90) but it keeps getting stuck at the "building databases" part with "15 seconds" left.

I tried "rebuild and rescan databases" in the help menu and it builds up to 99% again but keeps getting stuck with "15 seconds" left. I left it on for a full day but it never budged, then it started giving a crapload of "bitcoin-qt disconnected" errors.

I'm using windows 8 64-bit with 32GB of ram and a 256GB SSD.

Send a log file to support at bitcoinarmory com

I've been able to reproduce the error and fix the error.

When install Bitcoin-QT and reload the blockchain with bootstrap.dat the error pops up. But if i install the bitcoin-QT fresh and let it download the whole blockchain over two days, it works.

I hope this, along with the log files i sent you, help you solve problem.

Thanks again for such a great piece of software!
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 04:39:55 AM

When install Bitcoin-QT and reload the blockchain with bootstrap.dat the error pops up. But if i install the bitcoin-QT fresh and let it download the whole blockchain over two days, it works.

I'm starting to notice some patterns in this.  It may have to do with the version of Bitcoin-Qt that produces the blk*.dat files.  It's very possible that there are artifacts in the blk*.dat files that I don't handle gracefully. 

So where did your bootstrap file come from?  Do you know the version that created it? 

On the other hand, I'd like to move away from reading the blk*.dat files entirely, and just request it as a regular blockchain download via P2P (via localhost).  This would solve a lot of problems and should make the version of Bitcoin-Qt irrelevant, in addition to allowing remote Bitcoin-Qt instances.  In fact, I wanted to do this for 0.90-beta, but the change was too dramatic, and decided to keep it simple for now.  But now that this version is stabilizing, it may make sense to do that, especially if it wipes out these kinds of bugs, which may be elusive and difficult to debug (basically allow bitcoin-qt to read its own blk*.dat files properly, and pass us the data in standardized network messages).

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:58:16 AM

So, Armory is going to turn into a SPV wallet? Or will it keep a copy of the blockchain? That would make sense, and besides I personally would still run a full node anyway, so I can have Armory pointed there.

Gryph

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:15:07 AM

I'm starting to notice some patterns in this.  It may have to do with the version of Bitcoin-Qt that produces the blk*.dat files.  It's very possible that there are artifacts in the blk*.dat files that I don't handle gracefully. 

So where did your bootstrap file come from?  Do you know the version that created it? 

On the other hand, I'd like to move away from reading the blk*.dat files entirely, and just request it as a regular blockchain download via P2P (via localhost).  This would solve a lot of problems and should make the version of Bitcoin-Qt irrelevant, in addition to allowing remote Bitcoin-Qt instances.  In fact, I wanted to do this for 0.90-beta, but the change was too dramatic, and decided to keep it simple for now.  But now that this version is stabilizing, it may make sense to do that, especially if it wipes out these kinds of bugs, which may be elusive and difficult to debug (basically allow bitcoin-qt to read its own blk*.dat files properly, and pass us the data in standardized network messages).

I swiped the file from this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145386.0

as for what version that created it, I have no idea.

Those changes to how it gets the blockchain sound like a great idea! Take all the time you need to implement it! Smiley

Great job again!
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 05:46:51 AM

Now that the conference is over, I took a stab at OSX.  I finally got it compiling and running!  But, I don't have the full blockchain on my Mac, so I can't really test it...  Try it out!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/bitcoinarmory-releases/Armory_0.90-beta_OSX_test1.tar.gz

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:09:05 PM

Now that the conference is over, I took a stab at OSX.  I finally got it compiling and running!  But, I don't have the full blockchain on my Mac, so I can't really test it...  Try it out!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/bitcoinarmory-releases/Armory_0.90-beta_OSX_test1.tar.gz

It works for me, I am on maverick 10.9.0, not 10.9.1.
Mashuri

Activity: 135
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:54:33 AM

Works well so far on MBP Retina 15" w/ OS 10.9.  Fully synched but haven't tried any transactions yet.

e4xit

Activity: 302

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:53:47 AM

Woo-hoo! this what I've been waiting for. Will try out tonight and report back. Thanks!!

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  All
  Print  

Jump to: