Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:41:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RAM-Reduction & Backup Center Testing (version 0.89.99.16)  (Read 41217 times)
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 06:50:41 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 03:34:47 AM by etotheipi

Armory version 0.89.99.16-testing:

On my Linux system, I have 2,300 addresses and probably 1,000-2,000 transactions.  It takes 24 sec to startup Armory on mainnet when I manage Bitcoin-Qt myself and it's already sync'd.  And 290 MB of RAM at steady-state.  

Latest version contains fragmented backup tester and Bitcoin-Qt-compatible message signing!  (and verification).

----- GPG-signed hashes of all installers (using the Armory Offline Signing Key)

Armory 0.89.99.16-testing: Signed hashes of all installers

----- WINDOWS

Armory 0.89.99.16-testing for Windows Vista, 7, 8 (Both 32- and 64-bit)

----- Mac/OSX

Armory 0.89.99.16-testing for Mac/OSX 10.8 and 10.9

----- Ubuntu/Debian (packages are signed directly with offline GPG key using dpkg-sig)

Armory 0.89.99.16-testing for Ubuntu/Debian 10.04-64bit
  Armory 0.89.99.16-testing for Ubuntu/Debian 10.04-32bit
  Armory 0.89.99.16-testing for Ubuntu/Debian 12.04-64bit
  Armory 0.89.99.16-testing for Ubuntu/Debian 12.04-32bit

----- Ubuntu/Debian Offline Bundles

Armory 0.89.99.16-testing Offline Bundle for Ubuntu/Debian 10.04-32bit
  Armory 0.89.99.16-testing Offline Bundle for Ubuntu/Debian 10.04-64bit
  Armory 0.89.99.16-testing Offline Bundle for Ubuntu/Debian 12.04-32bit
  Armory 0.89.99.16-testing Offline Bundle for Ubuntu/Debian 12.04-64bit

Thanks to picobit, we have a working testing release for OSX.  It appears like it might work on a much wider set of OSX systems, too!   (For reference, picobit basically gave me a recipe for building a portable Armory app, he didn't actually build it himself -- the package was built on my OSX system).  [note: there are bugs in 10.9/Mavericks that may make it unusable...gotta wait for Apple to fix it]

New features in 0.89.99.X (to be 0.90-beta when released):

• RAM usage and startup time reduction: RAM reduced to less than 300MB, and startup time typically under 60 seconds after initial DB build!
  • Persistent database: Armory now maintains its own blockchain database for fast startup.  Make sure you have space to duplicate the blockchain (will be reduced in a subsequent version; this way was easier for now).
  • Full MacOSX support*: thanks to picobit for the builder, though the Apple+PyQt bugs prevent full usability in 10.9.  Until Apple pushes an update, it may not be very usable on 10.9.
  • New Backup Center:  Better organization and description of backup options.  Includes unencrypted digital backups, now.
  • Fragmented Backups:  Shamir's Secret Sharing (M-of-N secret splitting); balance your physical security and redundancy.  Create up to 5-of-6 backups in Standard & Advanced modes.  Up to 8-of-12 in Expert mode.  Fragments are also deterministic for a given M value.  For example, if you make a 3-of-5 backup, you can later make a 3-of-7 and the first 5 will be the same as the 3-of-5 (but you will get different fragments if you do 2-of-N or 4-of-N!)
  • SecurePrint: Paper backups optionally encrypted with code on screen to prevent private key exposure to printer and other network devices.  SecurePrint code should be identical across all backup types for a given wallet
  • Half-sized paper backups:  The chaincode is now derived from the private key, meaning only two lines of data for wallets created with the new version of Armory.  Yet, all backup features work with older wallet without a hitch -- they'll all show four lines (if you don't believe me, prove me wrong and collect your 0.04 BTC!)
  • Paper backup tester: test any kind of paper backup before you bury it in your backyard.  Includes subset testing of fragmented backups.
  • Message Sign & Verify: Finally Bitcoin-Qt-compatible signing and verification.  Will have a new ASCII-armored version like PGP signing, soon
  • Fixed broadcasting non-std signatures:  Older versions of Armory produced signatures that have non-standard padding.  If an older version is used on your offline system, you can't broadcast those signed transactions with 0.88.1 online.  This version will fix the padding and broadcast successfully
  • Improve *nix Makefile:  Improved Makefile that should work out of the box on most Linux distros once the proper depedencies are installed.  See the osx_picobit directory for compiling on OSX.

The new sequence of operations executed by Armory (with auto-bitcoind) is outlined below.  The times are what I've observed in my testing on Linux Mint 64-bit with regular HDD (no SSD), and a Windows 7-64bit VM running on that same HDD.

• (1) Start bitcoind (using "--datadir" supplied on the command line)
  • (2) Download/update blockchain (same as previous version, may take 4-16 hours)
  • (3) Process all headers and determine longest chain ("headers-first" is new feature of Armory, will help with lite-node implementation later)
  • (4) Build database of raw blockchain data from the blk*.dat files produced by bitcoind/-qt (30-90 min).
  • (5) Scan database for transaction data relevant to your wallets (Linux: 5-20 min, Windows: 20-45 min)

Step 4 (building the DB) is done only once.  There is no reason to do it again (besides updating for new blocks), unless the user explicitly requests it using the " --rebuild" flag.
Step 5 also is only done once, unless you import or restore addresses or wallets.  Doing so will initiate a rescan of the blockchain to find the transaction history.  You can force a rescan using the "--rescan" flag.

Known Issues:

• Unicode everything Sad  Ugh.  Will work on that after it works for US users.  The next version will get some unicode-TLC (it will mostly be a bug-fix and polishing release, with nothing major except for message signing)
  • There are some DB consistency issues that may lead to a lot of DB rescanning and sometimes rebuilding.  If you always shutdown cleanly and don't interrupt Armory while it is updating, you will avoid that and it will start up quickly.  However, there does not appear to be any danger in having this happen, it's just inconvenient.
  • Occasionally a zero-confirmation tx disappears when it is included in a block, instead of sticking around and getting one confirmation.  Restarting should fix it (even without a rescan!)
  • Occasionally a crash with a "Partial StoredTx" error in the log file.  Please PM me if you observe this error.  I suspect I know the problem, but it would help to have someone who actively has it so I can test fixes

Instructions for building on Ubuntu/Debian:

This is just a copy of the build instructions on the website, but has an extra step to check out the "testing" branch instead of the "master" branch (which is still 0.88.1).

Just copy the following commands into a terminal one-by-one.  In Linux, you can simply highlight text using the mouse, then middle-click in the terminal (and press enter after each one).  It works between just about any two applications running in Linux, but it's especially important in the Linux terminal because Ctrl-C has a different meaning there.  (NOTE: do not copy the '$' symbols)

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install git-core build-essential pyqt4-dev-tools swig libqtcore4 libqt4-dev python-qt4 python-dev python-twisted python-psutil
$ git clone git://github.com/etotheipi/BitcoinArmory.git
$ cd BitcoinArmory
$ git checkout testing
$ make
$ python ArmoryQt.py

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itsgoldbaby

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Hello!

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:15:50 PM

I can't seem to get it to work. This is what appears in the text log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 21, in <module>
  File "psutil\__init__.pyc", line 85, in <module>
  File "psutil\_psmswindows.pyc", line 15, in <module>
  File "_psutil_mswindows.pyc", line 12, in <module>
  File "_psutil_mswindows.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

?

Sad
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 07:42:37 PM

I can't seem to get it to work. This is what appears in the text log:

File "ArmoryQt.py", line 21, in <module>
  File "psutil\__init__.pyc", line 85, in <module>
  File "psutil\_psmswindows.pyc", line 15, in <module>
  File "_psutil_mswindows.pyc", line 12, in <module>
  File "_psutil_mswindows.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

?

Sad

Can you post system specs?  If others have this same problem, it would be nice to try to correlate it with specific system configurations.  I just tested it on one of my non-dev windows machines and it works.  But I also have python installed, which shouldn't matter (since this is a standalone package), but it might.   So I can half-verify it working on Windows 7-64bit with python pre-installed.

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
itsgoldbaby

Hello!

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:46:08 PM

Windows XP PRO
AMD Athlon X2 5200+
300GB HDD
4 GB RAM

I know, it's kinda crappy. Tongue
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 07:52:49 PM

Windows XP PRO
AMD Athlon X2 5200+
300GB HDD
4 GB RAM

Well, I want it to be supported on such systems.  So this is a good test.  I wonder if it's an issue with Windows XP.  For instance, I bet if I setup the new build environment in Windows XP, it would be forward compatible with Win7 and Win8, but not the other way around (it's being built on Win7-64bit right now, but as a 32-bit app).

I assume your Windows XP system is 32-bit... correct?

itsgoldbaby

Hello!

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:56:12 PM

Windows XP PRO
AMD Athlon X2 5200+
300GB HDD
4 GB RAM

Well, I want it to be supported on such systems.  So this is a good test.  I wonder if it's an issue with Windows XP.  For instance, I bet if I setup the new build environment in Windows XP, it would be forward compatible with Win7 and Win8, but not the other way around (it's being built on Win7-64bit right now, but as a 32-bit app).

I assume your Windows XP system is 32-bit... correct?
Yes, sorry. Smiley
TierNolan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1083

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:06:13 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 08:18:13 PM by TierNolan

The update still suffers from that issue that I PM-ed you about a while back.  (Granted not a critical issue Smiley )

If the HOME environment variable is set incorrectly, then it can't start the reference client.

Code:
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:1271 - Failed to setup SDM
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 1267, in startBitcoindIfNecessary
  File "armoryengine.pyc", line 10827, in setupSDM
  File "armoryengine.pyc", line 10891, in findBitcoind
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'e:\\cygwin\\home\\coding\\Desktop/*.*'

[edit]
Creating the Desktop directory in my alternative home direction seems to fix things
[/edit]

[edit2]
When I start, it says that I have started by clicking on a bitcoin: link, but should try again when Armory is online (since transactions are not possible).
[/edit2]

[edit3]
It crashes after around a minute

When it crashes, it doesn't kill the bitcoin daemon.  I have to manually use "bitcoind stop" to stop it (or kill the process).

guardian.exe doesn't appear to be in the .zip file.

Code:
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:10973 - Could not find guardian script: G:\armory testing\ArmoryStandalone_0.89.99.2_win_all\ArmoryStandalone\guardian.exe
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 1268, in startBitcoindIfNecessary
  File "armoryengine.pyc", line 11105, in startBitcoind
  File "armoryengine.pyc", line 10974, in getGuardianPath
FileExistsError
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 6 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:651 - File mempool.bin does not exist. Nothing deleted.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13270 - Error processing BDM input
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 35672076, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (35672076)
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13273 - ERROR:
  File "armoryengine.pyc", line 13256, in run
  File "armoryengine.pyc", line 12808, in __startLoadBlockchain
  File "CppBlockUtils.pyc", line 1230, in SetBlkFileLocation
TypeError: in method 'BlockDataManager_LevelDB_SetBlkFileLocation', argument 2 of type 'string'
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 7 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 3242000, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (3242000)
TypeError: in method 'BlockDataManager_LevelDB_SetBlkFileLocation', argument 2 of type 'string'

[/edit3]

1LxbG5cKXzTwZg9mjL3gaRE835uNQEteWF
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 08:31:46 PM

[edit3]
It crashes after around a minute

When it crashes, it doesn't kill the bitcoin daemon.  I have to manually use "bitcoind stop" to stop it (or kill the process).

guardian.exe doesn't appear to be in the .zip file.

Code:
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:10973 - Could not find guardian script: G:\armory testing\ArmoryStandalone_0.89.99.2_win_all\ArmoryStandalone\guardian.exe
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 1268, in startBitcoindIfNecessary
  File "armoryengine.pyc", line 11105, in startBitcoind
  File "armoryengine.pyc", line 10974, in getGuardianPath
FileExistsError
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 6 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 35672076, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (35672076)
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 7 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 3242000, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (3242000)

[/edit3]

Okay, I left out guardian.exe by accident.  I just uploaded a new zip file right now with it in there.  If you download the zip file again, it should be there this time.  guardian.exe is responsible for killing bitcoind if Armory doesn't do it.   So that addresses two of your issues.

I'll look into the "SetBlkFileLocation" issue.  Could it be a unicode issue?  Do you have non-ASCII characters in your paths?  Unfortunately, the error does not explain what the expected and supplied data types were.  But it wouldn't surprise me if "type 'unicode'" was one of those...

TierNolan
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:50:41 PM

Could it be a unicode issue?  Do you have non-ASCII characters in your paths?  Unfortunately, the error does not explain what the expected and supplied data types were.  But it wouldn't surprise me if "type 'unicode'" was one of those...

The issue is that if the %HOME%/Desktop directory doesn't exist, then there is an error and it doesn't check any more locations.

I think the code here needs to check if the path exists before checking if path/*.* exists.

I will try the re-download.

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 08:53:36 PM

Could it be a unicode issue?  Do you have non-ASCII characters in your paths?  Unfortunately, the error does not explain what the expected and supplied data types were.  But it wouldn't surprise me if "type 'unicode'" was one of those...

The issue is that if the %HOME%/Desktop directory doesn't exist, then there is an error and it doesn't check any more locations.

I think the code here needs to check if the path exists before checking if path/*.* exists.

I will try the re-download.

There's two different problems.  The $(DESKTOP) issue is one that is a simple bug I can fix.  The app shouldn't crash because it can't find the desktop folder.

The other problem is it trying to set the new LevelDB directory, which it attempts to create as

Code:
os.path.join(ARMORY_HOME_DIR, 'databases')

It appears that the result of that operation is getting passed to the SWIG'd C++ code, and throwing an error.  Either because it's expecting a string and got something else, or we passed a string and it was expecting something else.  I would get it's the first problem, and that os.path.join is returning a unicode output that is not handled properly. 

TierNolan
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:57:53 PM

There's two different problems.  The $(DESKTOP) issue is one that is a simple bug I can fix.  The app shouldn't crash because it can't find the desktop folder.

The other problem is it trying to set the new LevelDB directory, which it attempts to create as

Code:
os.path.join(ARMORY_HOME_DIR, 'databases')

It appears that the result of that operation is getting passed to the SWIG'd C++ code, and throwing an error.  Either because it's expecting a string and got something else, or we passed a string and it was expecting something else.  I would get it's the first problem, and that os.path.join is returning a unicode output that is not handled properly. 

Ahh ok.  I am still getting this error:

Code:
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 8 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 87485194, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (87485194)
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 9 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 43561706, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (43561706)
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 10 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 48373466, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (48373466)

I started the program with this shortcut

"G:\armory testing\ArmoryStandalone_0.89.99.2_win_all\ArmoryStandalone\ArmoryQt.exe" --datadir=G:\armory testing\ArmoryStandalone_0.89.99.2_win_all\ArmoryStandalone\datadir

Maybe, I need to use forward slashes?

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 09:54:34 PM

Ahh ok.  I am still getting this error:

Code:
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 8 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 87485194, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (87485194)
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 9 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 43561706, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (43561706)
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 10 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 48373466, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (48373466)

I started the program with this shortcut

"G:\armory testing\ArmoryStandalone_0.89.99.2_win_all\ArmoryStandalone\ArmoryQt.exe" --datadir=G:\armory testing\ArmoryStandalone_0.89.99.2_win_all\ArmoryStandalone\datadir

Maybe, I need to use forward slashes?

If you are modifying the target of a shortcut, I believe bot '/' and '\' are fine.  If you are running from a git/cygwin shell, you have to use forward slashes '/' or else it interprets the backslashes as escape characters.   

I'm still quite curious how that error is cropping up.  If you are ambitious, you can close Armory, unpack the library.zip file inside that directory, then modify armoryengine.py.  When you are done, re-zip it and overwrite library.zip.  Then it should use the new code when you run ArmoryQt.exe.   This works for everything except ArmoryQt.py which is the entry point for the app, so it treats that file differently.  But all the other python files should be modifiable in that way mentioned.

If you've got a problem with line 12808 in armoryengine.py, try adding the following to line 12807:

Code:
print '***blkdir var:', type(blkdir), len(blkdir), '"'+str(blkdir)+'"'

Also make sure you are running with --debug.  The next testing round, I should probably turn on all debugging output by default.

TierNolan
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:15:03 PM

If you are modifying the target of a shortcut, I believe bot '/' and '\' are fine.  If you are running from a git/cygwin shell, you have to use forward slashes '/' or else it interprets the backslashes as escape characters.   

I just unpacked the zip file and created a shortcut.  I am not running from within cygwin.

It is not impossible that the %HOME% issue is affecting things though.  Maybe some other directory reference is affected.

I'm still quite curious how that error is cropping up.  If you are ambitious, you can close Armory, unpack the library.zip file inside that directory, then modify armoryengine.py.  When you are done, re-zip it and overwrite library.zip.  Then it should use the new code when you run ArmoryQt.exe.   This works for everything except ArmoryQt.py which is the entry point for the app, so it treats that file differently.  But all the other python files should be modifiable in that way mentioned.

They are all .pyc files rather than .py files.  I assume there is some kind of compile step.

Do I need to set a home directory too?

Code:
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:781 - 
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:782 -
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:783 -
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:784 - ************************************************************
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:785 - Invoked: G:\armory_testing\ArmoryStandalone_0.89.99.2_win_all\ArmoryStandalone\ArmoryQt.exe --datadir=G:\armory_testing\ArmoryStandalone_0.89.99.2_win_all\ArmoryStandalone\datadir --debug
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:786 - ************************************************************
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:787 - Loading Armory Engine:
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:788 -    Armory Version        : 0.89.99.2
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:789 -    PyBtcWallet  Version  : 1.35
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:790 - Detected Operating system: Windows
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:791 -    OS Variant            : 7-6.1.7601-SP1-Multiprocessor Free
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:792 -    User home-directory   : C:\Users\TN\AppData\Roaming
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:793 -    Satoshi BTC directory : C:\Users\TN\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:794 -    Armory home dir       : C:\Users\TN\AppData\Roaming\Armory\
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:795 - Detected System Specs    :
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:796 -    Total Available RAM   : 16.00 GB
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:797 -    CPU ID string         : Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7, GenuineIntel
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:798 -    Number of CPU cores   : 4 cores
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:799 -    System is 64-bit      : False
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:800 -    Preferred Encoding    : cp1252
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:801 -
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:802 - Network Name: Main Network
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:803 - Satoshi Port: 8333
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:804 - Named options/arguments to armoryengine.py:
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     leveldbDir      : DEFAULT
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     skipVerCheck    : False
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     satoshiPort     : DEFAULT
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     settingsPath    : C:\Users\TN\AppData\Roaming\Armory\ArmorySettings.txt
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     logFile         : C:\Users\TN\AppData\Roaming\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe.log.txt
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     nettimeout      : 2
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     rescan          : False
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     doDebug         : True
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     datadir         : G:\armory_testing\ArmoryStandalone_0.89.99.2_win_all\ArmoryStandalone\datadir
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     netlog          : False
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     keypool         : 100
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     testnet         : False
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     rpcport         : DEFAULT
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     satoshiHome     : DEFAULT
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     forceOnline     : False
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     logDisable      : False
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     offline         : False
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     mtdebug         : False
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     rebuild         : False
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:806 -     interport       : 8223
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:807 - Other arguments:
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:810 - ************************************************************
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:1016 - C++ block utilities loaded successfully
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:13305 - Using the asynchronous/multi-threaded BlockDataManager.
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:13306 - Blockchain operations will happen in the background. 
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:13307 - Devs: check TheBDM.getBDMState() before asking for data.
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:13308 - Registering addresses during rescans will queue them for
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:13309 - inclusion after the current scan is completed.
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:11405 - Using settings file: C:\Users\TN\AppData\Roaming\Armory\ArmorySettings.txt
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1505 - loadWalletsAndSettings
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1552 - Loading wallets...
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1600 - Number of wallets read in: 4
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1605 -    Wallet (27KXMC5Ao):   "VanityWallet                    "   (Encrypted)
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1605 -    Wallet (2Jg5gsaZV):   "Active                          "   (No Encryption)
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1605 -    Wallet (38vfGKavT):   "Primary Wallet (Watch)          "   (No Encryption)
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1605 -    Wallet (LC1iqeBy):    "Test Wallet1                    "   (No Encryption)
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1186 - Setting up networking...
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1239 - Internet connection is Available: True
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1240 - Bitcoin-Qt/bitcoind is Available: 0
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1247 - startBitcoindIfNecessary
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1277 - setSatoshiPaths
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10831 - Found bitcoind in the following places:
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10833 -    C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\daemon\bitcoind.exe
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10835 - Using: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\daemon\bitcoind.exe
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:602 - Executing popen: ['icacls', u'F:\\bitcoin_data\\bitcoin.conf', '/inheritance:r', '/grant:r', 'TN:F']
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:11004 - icacls returned: processed file: F:\bitcoin_data\bitcoin.conf Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:11058 - Called startBitcoind
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:602 - Executing popen: ['C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Bitcoin\\daemon\\bitcoind.exe', u'-datadir=F:\\bitcoin_data']
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:11101 - PID of bitcoind: 5556
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:11102 - PID of armory:   2876
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:602 - Executing popen: ['G:\\armory_testing\\ArmoryStandalone_0.89.99.2_win_all\\ArmoryStandalone\\guardian.exe', '2876', '5556']
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:773 - setupUriRegistration
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:812 - Armory already registered for current user.  Done!
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:11260 - Creating proxy in SDM: host=127.0.0.1, port=8332
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:4214 - Dashboard switched to auto-InitSync
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:3687 - Switching Armory state text to Mgmt:Auto, State:InitializingDoneSoon
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:3687 - Switching Armory state text to Mgmt:Auto, State:NewUserInfo
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:3629 - Switching Armory functional mode to "Offline"
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:529 - Usermode: Expert
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1019 - Changing usermode:
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1020 -    From: Expert
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1028 -      To: Expert
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10746 - Signature on signed data block is GOOD!
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1158 - Latest versions:
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1159 -    Satoshi: 0.8.1
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1160 -     Armory: 0.88
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1169 - You are running the latest version!
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:4214 - Dashboard switched to auto-InitSync
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:3687 - Switching Armory state text to Mgmt:Auto, State:InitializingDoneSoon
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:3687 - Switching Armory state text to Mgmt:Auto, State:NewUserInfo
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:3629 - Switching Armory functional mode to "Offline"
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:4497 - Starting load blockchain
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1300 - loadBlockchainIfNecessary
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 21 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(INFO) ArmoryQt.py:1346 - Setting netmode: 1
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:12324 - Setting online mode: True (wait=False)
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:13245 - Go online requested
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:12766 - Called __startLoadBlockchain()
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 62016481, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (62016481)
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10353 - Connection initiated.  Start handshake
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10442 - Received version message from peer:
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10443 -    Version:     70001
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10444 -    SubVersion:  /Satoshi:0.8.1/
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10445 -    TimeStamp:   1379887837
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10446 -    StartHeight: 259494
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10624 - Handshake finished, connection open!
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 22 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 45243962, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (45243962)
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 23 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 76143845, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (76143845)
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10445 -    TimeStamp:   1379887840
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10446 -    StartHeight: 259496
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10498 - Received new block.  000000000000001be2ae056523401720da306758e54f2551153ac6a23c3dd01b
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 24 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 72244790, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (72244790)
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10498 - Received new block.  0000000000000004cc3c8821fc424901030665fa1de9f3286525a8be31c954d0
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10445 -    TimeStamp:   1379887841
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10446 -    StartHeight: 259497
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10498 - Received new block.  000000000000001be2ae056523401720da306758e54f2551153ac6a23c3dd01b
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10498 - Received new block.  0000000000000004cc3c8821fc424901030665fa1de9f3286525a8be31c954d0
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10445 -    TimeStamp:   1379887841
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10446 -    StartHeight: 259497
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10498 - Received new block.  00000000000000243d5372d0e637f7b047c041af5f598a7accabeeba1a2cbf50
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 25 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 97531984, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (97531984)
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10498 - Received new block.  00000000000000243d5372d0e637f7b047c041af5f598a7accabeeba1a2cbf50
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10445 -    TimeStamp:   1379887842
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10446 -    StartHeight: 259498
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10498 - Received new block.  00000000000000034ba3c3c3cf4660bdc0f4c7b17c2bbb9af0c1a0e6264a6df0
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 26 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 29566096, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (29566096)
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10498 - Received new block.  00000000000000034ba3c3c3cf4660bdc0f4c7b17c2bbb9af0c1a0e6264a6df0
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10445 -    TimeStamp:   1379887843
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10446 -    StartHeight: 259499
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10498 - Received new block.  000000000000001e0c0e2fda15f09f1ca1658e3b0f623d68f2db03e3f277b118
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:646 - 27 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13271 - Received inputTuple: GoOnlineRequested [13, 29892524, False]
(ERROR) armoryengine.pyc:13272 - Error processing ID (29892524)
(INFO) armoryengine.pyc:10498 - Received new block.  000000000000001e0c0e2fda15f09f1ca1658e3b0f623d68f2db03e3f277b118

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 10:26:11 PM

They are all .pyc files rather than .py files.  I assume there is some kind of compile step.

Do I need to set a home directory too?

Ack, forgot about the .pyc thing.  I forgot that py2exe puts the already-byte-compiled python code in there.  However, it doesn't require .pyc files.  Simply copy in the pre-compiled armoryengine.py and delete the .pyc.  Make the modification to the .py file, and my previous instructions should work (sorry, it's been a while since I've done this).

If you want to spend any significant amount of time modifying code, etc, and you are a patient person, we just gave all the MSVS projects a complete overhaul and should be much easier to get working, now (and uses the free version of MSVS 2012).  Still not trivial, but if you have any interest in spending a lot of time in Armory source code (C++ or python), it would be worth the effort.

TierNolan
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:15:45 PM

Code:

It doesn't seem that print dumps the text into the log file and windows doesn't show the standard output stream (even if started from command line).

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 11:51:22 PM

Code:

It doesn't seem that print dumps the text into the log file and windows doesn't show the standard output stream (even if started from command line).

My bad.  Sorry for the scavenger hunt!  Put in LOGERROR calls, which will guarantee it gets written out to the log file:

Code:
      LOGERROR('***BLKDIR VARIABLE:')
      LOGERROR('***Type:  %s' % str(type(blkdir)))
      LOGERROR('***Size:  %d' % len(blkdir))
      LOGERROR('***Value: %s' % str(blkdir))

Breaking them out like that will also make sure the type() is printed even if len() or str() throws an error.

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 05:07:08 AM

Fixed rescan-on-every-load bug!

Version 0.89.99.3-testing (link is in the top post)

It turns out that it wasn't waiting for the block data manager to finish writing the wallet histories to the database before killing it.  The time between calling and killing was enough to write out a couple hundred addresses -- if you had more than that, it wouldn't finish in time, and Armory would detect a bunch of new addresses every load requiring a rescan. 

Therefore, all features I wanted to be in this release are implemented now.  I've pretty much decided to freeze the feature set, and just focus on bugs and polishing.

One other bug that I noticed: there's a pretty long freeze on every new block.  Again, it's one of those efficiencies/optimizations that can be improved later.  The "usability" impact of that bug is a lot less than requiring 6 GB of RAM!

picobit

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:31:38 AM

If I want to try it out on OS X I have to compile it myself.  I assume it is in a branch in git ?

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 06:34:22 AM

If I want to try it out on OS X I have to compile it myself.  I assume it is in a branch in git ?

It's the "testing" branch.  There is Level DB source code in the project, though, no clue if it compiles on OSX...

picobit

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:37:30 AM

It's the "testing" branch.  There is Level DB source code in the project, though, no clue if it compiles on OSX...

If it doesn't, then I will look at it in a few weeks.  If it does, I will report back here soon.  :-)
A quick google for "os x leveldb" looks like it should work, but that it in reality causes some amount of trouble ...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: