Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:33:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips needed for altcoin investment  (Read 141 times)
hashkonofficial (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:07:52 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 01:48:57 PM by hashkonofficial

I started messing around with crypto in January. I got a lucky hit and sold off for a gain of $300~ worth of bitcoin. Now, I'm trying to do a bit of research - a large part of that is which exchanges are better to use, for reliability and fees etc.

I've read a little bit about Segwit, and believe that's a big part of why BTC transaction fees have dropped from the $20 mark that they were at in December, but have also heard that some exchanges haven't implemented it.

Sorry if all of this sounds pretty noobish, currently I'm planning on taking the $300 gain and exchanging into fiat and/or altcoin(s). Also, what's the best wallet out there, currently? Not for long term holding, if I do go into a long term hold, I figure I'll do either a hardware or paper wallet.

Getting into crypto has been pretty fun so far, I'm enjoying messing around with it more than the gains from it, honestly

Thanks for any advice!
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lero34

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:23:34 AM

Of the main tips I can single out. Do not be afraid to invest. I advise you to choose one coin and invest in it. For the beginner, I advise the ethereum. Look at the dynamics of growth.
kueyen

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:19:28 AM

I'm pretty new to crypto, started messing around with it in January. I got a lucky hit and sold off for a gain of $300~ worth of bitcoin. Now, I'm trying to do a bit of research - a large part of that is which exchanges are better to use, for reliability and fees etc.

I've read a little bit about Segwit, and believe that's a big part of why BTC transaction fees have dropped from the $20 mark that they were at in December, but have also heard that some exchanges haven't implemented it.

Sorry if all of this sounds pretty noobish, currently I'm planning on taking the $300 gain and exchanging into fiat and/or altcoin(s). Also, what's the best wallet out there, currently? Not for long term holding, if I do go into a long term hold, I figure I'll do either a hardware or paper wallet.

Getting into crypto has been pretty fun so far, I'm enjoying messing around with it more than the gains from it, honestly

Thanks for any advice!

The biggest reason the transaction fees dropped was the reduced interest in bitcoin.When the price was booming, a lot of people were trying to do some transactions, which led to a blockchain congestion and increased fees. When people started to leave bitcoin due to this, the price started to fall, which led to people selling, which meant a lower number of total transactions, which means lower transaction fees.

xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:21:37 AM

I'm pretty new to crypto, started messing around with it in January. I got a lucky hit and sold off for a gain of $300~ worth of bitcoin. Now, I'm trying to do a bit of research - a large part of that is which exchanges are better to use, for reliability and fees etc.

Thanks for any advice!

back wallet is ledger, but in case you own just relatively small portion of btc, I'm not sure if you're willing to invest in that. Perhaps try blockchain.info, I have been using them for a long time without any issues.
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:28:29 AM

welcome to crypto world. I am using My eth wallet and i guess its pretty much fine to use for short term. For long term you can get hard wallet. As far as losing in crypto concern, so this way you will learn from your mistakes and don't do same mistakes in future when investing.

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:43:27 AM

SegWit is a clever solution that essentially increases transaction capacity for the original bitcoin. Nonetheless, transaction fees are mostly affected by the activities of people on blockchain. When there is congestion in the blockchain network, due to enormous transactions, the transaction becomes slow, which necessitates that a faster transaction requires higher fee. Due to this, the transaction fee gradually increases.
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:46:46 AM
Merited by anjho.ace (10)

Of the main tips I can single out. Do not be afraid to invest. I advise you to choose one coin and invest in it. For the beginner, I advise the ethereum. Look at the dynamics of growth.

There is something wrong!
For you to be success in cyrptocurerncy you should be afraid before investing to anything.
if you dont have anything to frighten you will just jump into anything and invest on it, which is not good.
Be afraid and make some research before going into any coin. dont go on the hype and be careful on every decision you gonna do.
best exchange for me is kucoin and binance for now.

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:53:04 AM

Thanks for any advice!

One tip regarding exchanges would be use the bigger, more reputable ones. There have been recent incidents at smaller exchanges where coins have been lost - notably Raiblocks/Nano and NEM. Another benefit of bigger exchanges is that prices are more stable. If you see a coin that has gained say 50% in a day, but only has very small trading volume and is only on small exchanges, then I would advise against buying as those prices might not really be what you can achieve in practise.

residivis

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:09:43 PM

I think for a beginner in this bitcointalk,

- first you have to learn how to make a coherent sentence to get
   merit so it can raise your account to a higher rank.
- create genuine social media accounts and have more friends and followers
   from 5k suapa can enroll in bounty camapign social media program.
- Last read in the forum for more in-depth penegtahuan
   again about the currency crypto.

and a few points above that alone is enough to make the newbie understand what their job in this bitcointalk forum is!
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:01:23 PM

My best tips for you is to learn how to use the search function of the forum.
You can be sure that 99,9% of your questions were allready asked most of them in a new thread.
So, please stop making a new thread for every question, do your research and after that if you  need some clarification ask here.

Neo.Prometheus

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:36:21 PM

The main advice is not to be afraid. Learn to control and manage your risks. The first major investment is the most difficult. But if you are prepared, it's okay.  Wink
cryptamod

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:14:10 PM

Do not stop learning that is my advice,always learn something so you could be one of the experts in the future,altcoins has a lot of risk because bitcoin's price is dictatting the whole faith of the market,you can use hardwallet wallets and most commonly used are ledger nano s and trezor these two are the most trusted wallets of the community.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:18:10 PM

Enough to create duplicate themes! How much can you talk about this? There are a lot of written answers to your questions, just try to read and make decisions, nothing more is required from you.
davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:33:07 PM

Advising you to be afraid going into trading is what I'm not very supportive of here. Any serious minded business man need not be afraid at all, otherwise, he should not even near the Business at all, You can only be cautious and create room for an unpredicted loss that may come up along the line. My ether Wallet is anyway advisable for its accommodating features. Ethereum and Lite could be dependent upon.
cryptopussies

Activity: 196

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:42:01 PM

Becareful of joining scam projects,do a lot of research first about the background of the team behind these coins,check their credibility so wont be joining scam projects and you wont be scam,learn the basic first and do not let people make you fool,do not stop learning so would be able to be an expert someday.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: