Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 12:20:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi I'm new to mining!  (Read 1432 times)
miner don (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 08:50:57 PM

Hello everyone,
I'm new to mining.  I've been learning as much as I can about mining, but i'm still just getting started.  I've been blogging about my adventures in addition i've been making lots of youtube videos about it.  I'm looking for some advice from people more experienced than myself on how to get moving and on some best practices!
thanks for letting me be part of your forums.
regards,
miner don
http://minerdon.blogspot.com/
milone

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 09:42:30 PM

You created an account on Bitcointalk so you could post about being new to mining? Not mining bitcoins... mining as in going out and actually mining... for precious metals or whatever it is you're looking for? Is this supposed to be clever or have you just spent too much time underground?

Regardless, good luck. Real life mining is probably more lucrative than bitcoin mining for most people anyway, even if you're just mining dropped change in parking lots.

CGWatcher, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner: http://www.cgwatcher.com
CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 01:09:23 AM

Nice blog... Please change the background, it kinda creeps me out...

Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 01:12:15 AM

*reads topic name* Poor guy doesn't understand mining gives no profit
*reads second post* He's OBVIOUSLY talking about bitcoin mining.
*reads third post* What? There's a blog?
*reads blog* WHAT THE HELL IS THIS Shocked
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 01:19:36 AM

*reads topic name* Poor guy doesn't understand mining gives no profit
*reads second post* He's OBVIOUSLY talking about bitcoin mining.
*reads third post* What? There's a blog?
*reads blog* WHAT THE HELL IS THIS Shocked

Hahaha... Tongue

makebitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:41:30 AM

Nice blog Cheesy This is a forum on Bitcoin mining. Bitcoin is a digital crypto-currency.
My guess is he was sent via Google to one of the threads where they sell bullion silver/gold for Bitcoin.
warsawbit

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:51:35 AM

Buy some asics and use them as a pickaxe : Grin
makebitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:19:36 AM

Buy some asics and use them as a pickaxe : Grin

LOL
miner don (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 09:05:10 PM

Nice blog Cheesy This is a forum on Bitcoin mining. Bitcoin is a digital crypto-currency.
My guess is he was sent via Google to one of the threads where they sell bullion silver/gold for Bitcoin.

pretty much.

so this bitcoin thing is something totally different than regular mining?
milone

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 09:16:23 PM

Yeah, this mining is unprofitable and purely done for nerdgasms... "show me that hashrate!"  Wink

CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 09:17:49 PM

pretty much.

so this bitcoin thing is something totally different than regular mining?
yep

miner don (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 09:50:39 PM

Yeah, this mining is unprofitable and purely done for nerdgasms... "show me that hashrate!"  Wink

Well I dont' have any hashrates to speak of but I have lots of pretty rocks.  Is anyone interested in doing some real mining with me? Smiley
milone

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 10:07:19 PM

Forget real mining, you've already struck gold by finding this forum. You can mine over 50 different coins ranging from diamonds to turds without ever leaving your seat! It's fate, don't fight it. Sell your gear and buy cryptocurrency mining equipment that may or may not ever recover its costs. It's how we do.

miner don (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 10:12:23 PM

Forget real mining, you've already struck gold by finding this forum. You can mine over 50 different coins ranging from diamonds to turds without ever leaving your seat! It's fate, don't fight it. Sell your gear and buy cryptocurrency mining equipment that may or may not ever recover its costs. It's how we do.

but i sold my fancy computer and comfy armchair to buy pickaxes and shovels. I think it's a bit late for me to turn back now.
milone

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 10:23:00 PM

It's never too late. If you sell your mining gear at a loss, and then lose more money buying back your computer and armchair... then congrats, you're well on your way to becoming a cryptocurrency miner.

I say this as a joke made up of sarcasm and sadness, because I am a miner and we're like crackheads -  always chasing a little more hashrate no matter what it costs us or how much our families are destroyed in the process.

That said, you should join us -  its fun!

bankruptculture

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:47:07 PM

Look into the history of gold mining in the US, talk about history repeating itself!

The rush to mine BTC, LTC etc. is just like the original Goldrush where the equipment sellers made the real fortunes, there were a few lucky strikes here and there and many were left destitute in the end.
miner don (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 11:01:03 PM

Look into the history of gold mining in the US, talk about history repeating itself!

The rush to mine BTC, LTC etc. is just like the original Goldrush where the equipment sellers made the real fortunes, there were a few lucky strikes here and there and many were left destitute in the end.

So am i way ahead of the curve or hopelessly behind it?  Or am i way ahead of the curve coming around again? I'm lost! LOL
Byteme

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:20:46 AM

It's never too late. If you sell your mining gear at a loss, and then lose more money buying back your computer and armchair... then congrats, you're well on your way to becoming a cryptocurrency miner.

I say this as a joke made up of sarcasm and sadness, because I am a miner and we're like crackheads -  always chasing a little more hashrate no matter what it costs us or how much our families are destroyed in the process.

That said, you should join us -  its fun!

Thank god I am not alone in feeling this! I had this realization early after I made my 3rd purchase of ASICs, Hubs and Fans, LOL

It's very fun indeed!!
Arros

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:36:58 AM

This thread is interesting. Real world miner stumbling into bitcointalk forum because of all the mining discussion.  Cheesy
miner don (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 07:55:16 PM

This thread is interesting. Real world miner stumbling into bitcointalk forum because of all the mining discussion.  Cheesy

Makes it more interesting right? Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: