Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 05:29:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Range Stop Loss  (Read 55 times)
hashkonofficial (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:23:22 PM

What I mean by "range stop loss": Suppose bitcoin is valued at 10,000 USDT. You buy at this price, and want to sell if the price goes beyond 10400 or the price falls to 9600, i.e sell if price <= 9600 or price >= 10400.

Binance which I use only allows one or the other, i.e sell if price <= 9600 or sell if price >= 10400 but not both. Kraken I know had something similar (trailing stop orders) but had since deactivated it.

Thanks!
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:40:49 PM

Your post seems more like a statement than it does a question but I'm assuming that you are obviously looking for an exchange that has that functionality. I don't know of any that do unfortunately. To my understanding you can only place one order for the amount you currently have on your wallet - it acts sort of like an escrow until the amount is fulfilled or cancelled. I certainly agree, that function is incredibly useful I just haven't seen it anywhere. I assume that we wont see it any time soon do to possible security risks of being able to place 2 transactions or orders for what should technically be one order.
NobodyIsHome

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:50:27 PM

You can only reserve assets to do one thing.  What you are describing would place two orders in the market; one at 9600 and one at 10400.  Both can't be fulfilled simultaneously.

As an alternative, you can use the API (if the exchange has one) to place a sell at-market order when the price hits either of those values.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: